Request: Please change raid refresh time to 24h after a raid begins, or let leader select

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited May 2016
I set up my guild favoring people with the same time zone as me, because before the feature launched it was suggested that this might be wise. Now we are effectively punished because fights refresh at 1 am when most of us are asleep?
We are a caring community so we manage this issue, but it's still a problem when, for example, we are at 40% on phase 4 at the end of a day. Some people get to do 5 fights the last day, while others get 0. Some guilds have it even worse.
There isn't any need for this arrangement. Please, change the system somehow so people aren't forced to play all night or lose out.
The most sensible arrangement is to simply have rollover be 24 hours after the raid starts. Otherwise, please let the guild leader choose when rollovers occur.
Thank you.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Ducy
    22 posts Member
    If they fixed how the loot was rewarded they wouldn't have to worry about this.
  • Agreed: either spread the rewards evenly or refresh at 24 hrs from raid start. As is, it is unfair to those sleeping when the raid refreshes.
  • jrenz33
    45 posts Member
    Ducy wrote: »

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! but in this current system I agree with @Queltar. we have some europeans and asians in our group of mostly americans and it is very hard to be equitable and fair to all. this would at least allow us pick some time that worked for most on refreshes.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes allow time zone to be changed.

No please DON'T make raid reset 24 hours after. We start raids a few hours before reset time to get in the dmg which is huge to getting through a tier 6!

Aside: can't you make a new guild and bite the bullet on the 300K? I would if my reset was 1am...

Aside #2: UK guild is so choice for USA timewise
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    oops
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Ducy wrote: »

They do need to flatten the slope between #1 and #50. But even if they do, the same basic problem persists. It's not fun to miss out on the end of a raid because you were asleep, and while raids can start at different times the refresh NEVER changes.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Our guild resets at my 5:30 pm, our raids reset at my 11:00 pm, I reset at my 12:00 am. That's a fair amount of various resets to keep track off. Thankfully all of these times work for my current schedule, but I know it's a mess for a lot of people.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • jrenz33
    45 posts Member
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    Yes allow time zone to be changed.

No please DON'T make raid reset 24 hours after. We start raids a few hours before reset time to get in the dmg which is huge to getting through a tier 6!

Aside: can't you make a new guild and bite the bullet on the 300K? I would if my reset was 1am...

Aside #2: UK guild is so choice for USA timewise

As far as aside #1. I like my guild a lot, i'm not going anywhere to hope i find another group of people that fit how i want to play the game.
    At some point @LordAlvert Tier 6 will be easy for you just like tier 5 is now. And since they aren't changing how raid rewards are given out, good guilds need stuff like this in place to try and remain together and help remove some of the temptation to compete against each other.
    Obviously the real answer is give everyone the same drops for each tier... but i doubt that will happen from the "hey look we fixed it" update last week
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Our guild was discussing the same thing this morning. We have members around the world so we know on every raid someone will likely miss out at reset time, but with a 24hr reset we can vary our start times to keep it somewhat fair.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I like the idea :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    I agree whole heartedly with this. As a guild leader myself, and wanting the best rewards, I force myself to stay up until 1 am so I can actually use my attacks in the phase I want. However, because of this, I am seriously for lack of sleep this week...*sigh*

Just make it so characters refresh 24hr after the raid BEGINS. This shouldn't be that difficult right?
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • (As an officer) in an italian guild we have the same problem and we even understand the problem in ABNRAS's guild from a "job" point of view, with some of us working on night shift (and someone working in Australia)... With a 24hr refresh from start we can change it weekly, keeping it fair to everyone.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @CG_JohnSalera - Any chance of a change being considered here?
    Even in a guild like mine where people were hand-picked based on their community involvement and personality, this has become an issue, because all players are competitive. In other guilds it is an even more serious problem. There is no flexibility when the reset always happens at the same time, and in the middle of the night for over half the guild.
    Thanks.
    (This would be less of an issue if the reward structure slope were flatter so the difference between #1 and #11 weren't so large. All of these systems combine to pit guildies against each other and it is causing a lot of damage.)