what am i doing wrong?

I need some assistance from you guys. How to make enough money to uppgrade my charecter's.

I am currently lvl 55. But i am not getting enough cash to be able to have my charecters to follow my level. My highest is lvl 51 got 2, then there is 7 other at 49 and 50. then lvl 30 and below on my remaining. I am using all my energy doing all daily's. Struggling on completing Gw so doing as far as i manage to get with retreat tactic's etc. doing all the challenges evry day. but still i am not getting nearly enough credits to uppgrading :(.

Am i doing something wrong or is it just hard grind to get enough cash? i am just seeing lots of other players that claim to be f2p and around same start time as me that is far far in front of me.

any advice is appriciated. But i dont like to spend lots and lots of cash to buy credits ;)

Replies

• Credits are hard to come by. You will have to make tough choices, maybe not leveling up quite as many characters as you do, focus more on your key guys. No point in leveling up guys you will not be using.
  • Stop leveling 9 characters at once, focus on your core 5 for pvp or GW to 60 first before expanding investment into the rest of your characters.
  • Im lvl 57 and have 5.4M and i have no idea how i got this much but 4 characters 6 stars all purple VII and VIII
  • It takes 1.1 million credits to upgrade a character from 1-60. 90% of that is in the last 20 levels. Keep that in mind.

Go into your inventory and see if you have any mining droids to sell.

GW is the best location to get credits. Focus on 5 main characters. After they are caught up you can spread some money around.
  • My issue is one of training droids. I am level 54 but none of my characters are at that level. The average amount of droids I may get a day aren't enough to increase a character from say level 51 to level 52.

The game is a grindfest for those f2p players like us and I don't think you are doing anything wrong. EA may think you're doing something wrong by not throwing money at them for their repetitive grindfest of a "game" though.
  • How long have you been playing? Few weeks I guess. Once you hit 60 and finished main 5 or 10 (light + dark side) you can start building others. Im playing a bit over a month.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • i agree with pitch. choose your top 5, wait til you level up and give it all to them. THEN at lvl60 you can branch out more. save up credits and training droids and get other toons up to max level.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Yes focus on your top 5 first, with 3-5 toons about 5 levels behind to help in GW.

• As they say above, no need to make everyone 60 ASAP. Training too many folks is a mistake.

Galactic wars is your best bet for income.

I suppose you must beat nodes 1-6 minimally , that's 152k credits.
    A complete GW gives you 448.5k credits, hence why's it's important to "spend time" doing this one :)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • GW gives you a lot of money, your problem is caused by your GW incompletion. Like others've said focus more on GW, maybe even more than Arena. I'm close to F2P (only Dooku pack) and I'm getting a surplus of income with max leveling 8 chars, only lacking training droid.
  • Agreed, focus on PVP team first, the your light and dark toons. Also, gear and star level are much more important than leveling. You can still improve that way w/o needing to level.
  • thank you for the advice. ill focus more on GW then i do now. :)

and happy new year to you all :)
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Use the free crystals to buy 1 cantina and 2 regular energy refills every day. From for shards for your Arena 5 everywhere you can. To boost power as fast as possilbe the rest of the eneregy farming gear for your top 5. Do not level up or gear your other top 5 unless you need to get strong enough to unlock new missions that have gear or shards for your top 5. in the base of needing to level your 6-10 heroes bring them to about 5 levels lower than your top 5. Finish all content every day. GW can be tough sometimes but learn to force close and retreat.
  • The characters i level up are sid, lumi, boba, ima gun di(got him from a bronze pack), luke, chewy, dooku, ventress, and talia. They are all currently lvl 54 and all have gear lvl 6. I am lvl 56 though. Do u guys think i should give up on some and work on a team of 5?

Lumi and sid are 5 star
    The rest except for dooku are 4 star, dooku is 3 star

Also should i give up on ima gun di and dooku because increasing their star level is taking to long
  • @garcia_george99 nice choices but hard to farm. Prio the ones easiest to farm I guess. I use Talia quite a bit still now she is maxed out. I'm still planning to use a nightsister squad in the future so I have side projects (Dakw and nightsister initiate slowly getting there). Pioritize your top 5 also because new patch to lvl 70 is coming soon.

Guess side projects can take a month or 2, just keep farming those with excess energy.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • most definately not doing anything wrong.... i wait every week for sat night/ sun morning for mining droids... have a quagmire of cash/credit needs... a 7 star is 1 mil alone.... i have 8 toons waiting on star u
  • apparently sent w/o completing thought... but i have 7 star sid and lumi.... 6 on a bunch of toons - i dont use talia anymore but - synergies are king, a nightsister group would be fun... old daka, tano, asajj, talia.... n whomever else u randomly levelled up.... a bunch of stun and heal.... and leader goodness across the board- play to enjoy your game
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I stayed broke from lvl 10 all the way to level 60 and I'm still broke lol. Granted I have around 20 characters at level 60 I always spent the credits as fast as I could get them. If someone is a fresh lvl 60 and has a massive amount of credits chances are they are modding and beat the PvE side with little to no characters. If you play the game legitimately you are forced to level a darkside and light side team and fully gear them or you will hit unpassable walls on certain levels. Lets not even bring up the req for GW. To beat the gear challenges you have to level your tanks, healers etc....Between promoting and leveling those characters you wouldn't have 6+ million extra credits as a fresh 60.

But modders didn't have to do all that. They beat the pve side with level one characters so they were able to just concentrate on 5 or 6 main toons and focus on them...leaving an abundance of extra credits.

So next time you see a newer level 60 say they have tons of credits they might as well wave a flag and scream I cheated.