Lazy Coding Leads to Inconvenient Forced Restarts

Honestly, there is no reason why the game cannot let you finish a node or a match before forcing the restart. Just lazy, period.

Replies

• Right? They dont even bother fixing the bugs throughout the whole game
    Some examples can be in some LS DS nodes
    They only fix them where it matters the most(arena and GW)
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Depending on the language and the tools you have, sometimes an update can be delivered when there is X amount of user inactivity, sort of how a screensaver used to launch after detecting no actions from the user after 10 minutes of inactivity. Too bad they don't have that feature, seeing as they have a product that is used in mostly all time zones and therefore, is difficult to deploy.

If it were me, I would just have it deploy at 3AM in everyone's respective time zone as an automated task. I'd then remote in the next day to ensure that the update deployed properly, probably have a test machine in my own time zone to view and confirm.

Microsoft has been doing this relatively well since the Windows 98/NT days so it's possible. Third party standalone products for scheduling tasks also exist for Windows and Linux/Unix...
  • Vikingo
    46 posts Member
    An hour break in the day isn't unheard of... for maintenance.
  • Honestly, there is no reason why the game cannot let you finish a node or a match before forcing the restart. Just lazy, period.

Completely agree!