lv.44 who's been playing for about two weeks now
and to be honest these last 4-5 days were a torture

i guess it started when i hit lv.40
before that i was cruising through the arena
kicking a** and slaughtering people
but i started losing real bad

i lost about 5 games straight
i wasn't getting any decent shards
my best pull from bronzium was jawa(shards of course)
and GW was killing me because opponents seemed to be unbeatable
basically, it was a total disaster

but today i finally unlocked darth sidious
and this has been a huge turning point
my team has gone from normal to good
in arena and GW

so advice to my fellow F2P players
who still have a team of jawa, talia, chewie, poe, JC
and are in a slump thinking about quitting this game
KEEP GRINDING UNTIL U GET SID!!

Replies

• I was in the same boat ... though I went for HK instead of Sid. While I was trying to unlock HK, a bronzium card dropped a 3* Dooku - and that changed everything. While he's getting a bit weak now, he was a game changer for me.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Lianara wrote: »
    I was in the same boat ... though I went for HK instead of Sid. While I was trying to unlock HK, a bronzium card dropped a 3* Dooku - and that changed everything. While he's getting a bit weak now, he was a game changer for me.

dooku
    youre living the dream
    im still at 25/50

did u eventually unlock HK?
  • Yea ... HK is now at 5*, in purple 7, and is core of my main team (nearly 10k hp, and revive bailed me out at times). I also unlocked Assajj (for clearing buffs) and Akbar (for clearing debuffs). Will probably work on Assajj to get 1 more star, then decide if i want to work on Sid. When I see that enemy team has Sid though, I just bring Akbar, and it pretty much neutralizes Sid, who then goes down quickly after focus fire from Phasma, Dooku, and HK. I am still undecided though if HK was a great choice - seeing how much use people get out of Sid.
  • One thing to add, I got REALLY lucky with bronzium drops - Dooku, Farmboy Luke, Ewok Elder, Ahsoka, Plo Koon, and Ururururur (useless though I think). In the beginning I was using crystals on Chromium packs, but got nothing but shards, so I do what everyone is advising to do now - use crystals for refills.
  • Ya i'm at lvl 38 and got Mace 4* from bronze. I was quite happy about that :)
  • I got Boba and Plo Kloon basically back to back. Although have so many toons that it will take weeks to level them.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I had the same luck as Lia, bronzium CD was a huge boost. But Sid from arena and Lumi from GW farming were probably my biggest gains. I'll have Sid at 7* in the next day or two!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    I had the same luck as Lia, bronzium CD was a huge boost. But Sid from arena and Lumi from GW farming were probably my biggest gains. I'll have Sid at 7* in the next day or two!

i agree with my friend
    sid is a gamechanger
    i just cant wait to have lumi (43/50)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    It will continuously get harder for you. You would think it's the opposite but sorry it just gets harder
  • DigDoug
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I am a F2P player. When I noticed Sid in the Arena, I immediately dedicated all of my arena awards towards him. It took a few weeks, but I have Sid at 7 stars now. He is really useful. He is my second best character on my squad. My most useful character is my Geonosian Soldier. I am not sure how I got him, but I keep visiting the Cantina to get shards for him. He is currently a six star, and I have 69 of 100 shards left to get to seven. I highly recommend him.