Omega 5's G9 maxed, not impressed

Prev1
RU486
1686 posts Member
After hearing the hype I got him, geared him and got the omega on his basic. Not impressed at all, he's a light side Dooku who hits soft and less often just has more health and easily saved for last with no threat, if you're whining about him you really need to look at your own team and see what you're doing wrong.

Replies

• Well played...(I have 5's maxed too)!!!
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    hes definitely not broken or OP, i'd say hes right where he should be, with a dooku lead chances are he'll evade with all the hits he takes so that gives him atk+ which helps him do decent double tap damage
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    You're right.. So everyone just stop calling for him to be Nerfed. :)
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    hes definitely not broken or OP, i'd say hes right where he should be, with a dooku lead chances are he'll evade with all the hits he takes so that gives him atk+ which helps him do decent double tap damage
    Agree, he is now more useful than before but by far not OP or broken, some noobs would rather cry for nerfs of decent characters than L2P

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Welcome to the........thread
  • Jaybayblay
    233 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    There's a bug when he lands his level 8 basic attack.. if he lands the speed down then immediately in the same turn he lands a bonus attack.
    The bonus attack should occur in his NEXT TURN not the same **** turn, are you guys even aware of this? @BentWookiee
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    There's a bug when he lands his level 8 basic attack.. if he lands the speed down then immediately in the same turn he lands a bonus attack.
    The bonus attack should occur in his NEXT TURN not the same **** turn, are you guys even aware of this?@BentWookiee
    It is working as intended, apply speed down and get the bonus how much easier can it be to read that. If he gets a bonus against speed down and his first hit is speed down, bonus is earned
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The bonus attack should occur in his NEXT TURN not the same **** turn, are you guys even aware of this?@BentWookiee

Read the text. It works correctly as written.

Attack, apply slow, check for slow, attack again. Order of operations matter.

Now one could question if the target already has slow and fives attacks and his slow fails to re-apply should he attack again? As written I think it's ambiguous so complain about that if you want to complain about a fives bug.

2+5*2 = 12 Not 14
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    I agree, i have him as lead cuz I want my GW to be easy but no way he can 1v3 or even 1v2. Sure he counters a lot but not enough to kill two opponents.
  • Also in AI defense, you should change his 85% counter to 100% since that's more accurate to what it really is
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    2+5*2 = 12 Not 14

Since 5*2=2*5 an incorrect answer could be 20 as well :smile:

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    He is a fluffy muffin.. And no real threat to anyone. Quit being mean to Fives! :D
  • Revenant
    255 posts Member
    This just in, one guy confirms fives not OP, therefore must be balanced. My issue with fives is not that he's OP but his basic is broken in that he double taps despite not always hitting speed down. And I have no idea if it's intended that he double hits same turn as he applies speed down. With the addition of protection, the amount of health he has, by comparison to other characters he has too much going for him. Look at RP for instance, got nerfed so hard that fives does the same or more damage then him?
  • Whiteroom
    303 posts Member
    I use him and think he is great to have mainly due to the slow. Not for the double hit but the fact he can slow an entire team.

On the other hand when I face him in GW I just ignore him like I do with Dooku until last then wipe him out with a nice stunlock.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    I use him and think he is great to have mainly due to the slow. Not for the double hit but the fact he can slow an entire team.

On the other hand when I face him in GW I just ignore him like I do with Dooku until last then wipe him out with a nice stunlock.
    exactly, I'm glad you know how to play now the noobs need to learn

• Robertdd1
    154 posts Member
    I still farm one of the hard noods in Fotp (I'm stubborn)there used to be threads on here about Anakin (how many drops they were getting etc..). At the time I thought he was ok now he's even weaker, cracks me up how obsessed people were with Anakin. Anakin is weak now.
  • Yeah glad to see mods responding like their typical selves.

I rank 1 often in my server against many whales and I hardly have trouble against 5's but even I know he's the new bread and butter for high ranking noobs who follow the 'top arena meta' who lack any creativity or strategy to create their own team :D by the way I rank 1 against varieties of RG Gear 9 7* teams sometimes with CT5's while I'm using a 5* yoda but even I know that it's unfair for other noobs who want to do well in rank. I know for a fact that his total amount of attacks in any arena match amounts the highest of any other toon thus making his DPS in the span of one battle too much :)

The key to beating him is to target him last but by that time if the rest of your toons happen to have half hp then he'll take them all out no problem. Took me 2 arena matches to figure how to avoid coming across this situation but like I said many others won't figure it out so it's generally unfair for most, not me though :D
  • Coris
    41 posts Member

+100000 ...

• I feel the same way about omega QGJ.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Robertdd1
    154 posts Member
    Sorry posted wrong answer in this form, earlier.
    Fives is a cakewalk with Daka and RG stun city he's dead.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Yeah glad to see mods responding like their typical selves.

I rank 1 often in my server against many whales and I hardly have trouble against 5's but even I know he's the new bread and butter for high ranking noobs who follow the 'top arena meta' who lack any creativity or strategy to create their own team :D by the way I rank 1 against varieties of RG Gear 9 7* teams sometimes with CT5's while I'm using a 5* yoda but even I know that it's unfair for other noobs who want to do well in rank. I know for a fact that his total amount of attacks in any arena match amounts the highest of any other toon thus making his DPS in the span of one battle too much :)

The key to beating him is to target him last but by that time if the rest of your toons happen to have half hp then he'll take them all out no problem. Took me 2 arena matches to figure how to avoid coming across this situation but like I said many others won't figure it out so it's generally unfair for most, not me though :D

What? How is it not fair that if you play poorly you lose? Are you saying you should win for playing poorly?

I mean, I agree that part of Five's power lies in most people's severe misplay of the encounter, but I strongly disagree that it's unfair.
  • Jaybayblay wrote: »

A 5* Yoda is all you need to counter 5's
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I think everyone in this thread is friggin nuts. If you lose your stunners in GW and don't have a solid bench, you can say goodbye to that GW if you face Omega CT5s. To go from not being OP to not impressed...ridiculous!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Kopfschuss wrote: »

A 5* Yoda is all you need to counter 5's

You think that what Yoda can stand his own against CT 5s? Or you think 2 rounds of tenacity magically solve your problems?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    I face plenty of omega Fives. Play correctly and you wont lose anyone.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    medetec wrote: »
    I face plenty of omega Fives. Play correctly and you wont lose anyone.

Bud i don't want him nerfed, tho the desire is growing inside me, but at the very least he is the meta now. In both offense and defense. With or without stunners. I don't even want to think how he will be at gear 10. Jeez!
  • SpencersSocks
    361 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Also in AI defense, you should change his 85% counter to 100% since that's more accurate to what it really is

Dude for real? It is completely accurate... I don't have 5s but there have been plenty of times when he didn't counter when I face him... He is SO far from OP... I think he would be cool to get but it's not a high priority... he can be annoying to fight sometimes but he isn't OP...
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    I think everyone in this thread is friggin nuts. If you lose your stunners in GW and don't have a solid bench, you can say goodbye to that GW if you face Omega CT5s. To go from not being OP to not impressed...ridiculous!
    So you're saying people should learn to play so they dont keep losing their players, I totally agree.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member

Can you share what you know? You do something else other than stun him that i don't know about? It sounds like you have a well kept secret that is the key to beating Fives consistently! If your secret is stun then that is not a secret!
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    He isn't meta on my shard, but there are a few and I could see him showing up for awhile until people learn how to deal with him properly. I think it's teaching people valuable lessons in threat management.

I hope they buff other bruiser characters to require some actual consideration when playing out a match like Fives does.