Is Luke Worth Upgrading?

So I've been grinding Luke shards in the canteen for around a week, is he the best character to go for? And I have also been spending the tokens on ahsoka, am i doing this right?

Replies

• So I've been grinding Luke shards in the canteen for around a week, is he the best character to go for? And I have also been spending the tokens on ahsoka, am i doing this right?

Personally I like him .. good damage, decent health, mine crits 4k sometimes.
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • aspenstar wrote: »
    So I've been grinding Luke shards in the canteen for around a week, is he the best character to go for? And I have also been spending the tokens on ahsoka, am i doing this right?

Personally I like him .. good damage, decent health, mine crits 4k sometimes.

**** that's high, what star?
  • He always hits my team hard. I've been thinking about farming him.
  • Luke has a few uses, he synergies well in crit based teams, (Sid, Leia, and lando) alternativley if you use him as a leader and run him with Poe he can make Poe more useful as a tank that draws fire and is resistive to status effects which heals Poe for every resist.

The question is what characters do you have that will help make him shine?
  • He's fast and hits hard. I have him with 4* and he hits like a truck. Mine has similar speed to Sidious and Luminara. Managing him properly (getting him in and out at the right times) was key to beating GW yesterday.
  • I have Poe 4*, Chewy 3*, Ahsoka 2*, Jawa 3*, JC 2* would Luke fit in my comp?
  • I just unlocked 3* Luke now and at L43 compared to 3* Jawa he has mostly worse stats, except in agility. Can any of the experts here explain why Luke is better than Jawa - who most on here say is crap. Thanks.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Over 4k power at 6*...he's decent dps.
    Leader skill can be pretty useful too.
  • I have never seen a Luke that did anything scary, a few people use him.. Maybe he gets better, I dunno.
    When I see him in a group the line from the Dr. Dre\Snoop song always plays in my mind. 'Luke"s bending over so Luke"s getting stuck.." :D

Then he goes down pretty quick with never any real threat.
  • Luke brings much needed damage to the lightside, especially around the middle game. Luke puts out more damage than jawa equally geared. Luke has gr8 crit bonus.
  • One thing that bothers me about Luke is he's using a rifle.
    Use the Force Luke
  • I'm also farming for Luke. My team composition im building consists of:

Sid
    Lum
    JC
    Luke
    Poe/Chewie/Replaceable character

I'm not sure sure which other characters would best synergize with the first four. Any tips on making this team work as a ftp? Thanks
  • Luke beats out Jawa because of his passive that can be upgraded to last 2 turns, his debuffs, and turn meter gain on critical hits. I use a 5* Luke for pvp and gw and he's amazing for stunning when sid is the leader. I switched over to farming kylo but Luke is really great..also, if you consider that Jawa ai always uses the aoe in pvp he's gonna be eating counterattack constantly. If I'm not mistaken the aoe is special damage as well and has a really low chance to crit
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Luke can do some damage, but if you have them, I would use Tie Pilot or Leia over Luke.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nomisx89 wrote: »
    I'm also farming for Luke. My team composition im building consists of:

Sid
    Lum
    JC
    Luke
    Poe/Chewie/Replaceable character

I'm not sure sure which other characters would best synergize with the first four. Any tips on making this team work as a ftp? Thanks

Do you have Barris or Captain Phasma? Phasma is great. Also, Barris is great for her ability to heal through stuns. Any team I have come across that does not have her has been easy picking because of my Sid and Kylo Ren stuns. None of their other healers can heal their characters.
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • Luke's a glass cannon that's not made out of glass, pretty much(ok he's kinda made of glass). I don't like to see him on the other team because I then have to take care of him pretty early, he can do some damage.
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • comandaben
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EM650 wrote: »
    Luke can do some damage, but if you have them, I would use Tie Pilot or Leia over Luke.

Why not both? =P

Seriously though, unless you invest some serious money into the game Leia isn't currently farmable, FOT Pilot is great and i'm slowly grinding his shards in the hard nodes but will take a while.
    Luke is very farmable only costing 8 stamina in the Cantina mode.

My 4* (half-way to 5*) Luke is doing great in my current party of:

5* Mace or Luke as Leader
    5* Luminara
    4* Anakin
    4* Luke
    4* Moff Tarkin

I'm going to grind Luke to 7* and hopefully by then my FOT Pilot might be useable in a team again, so squishy without level 8 gear =P

Oh i didn't realise his crit buff lasts for 2 turns at level 5, thanks i'll need to upgrade it ASAP!

I'm also slowly building a Droid team to counter Dooku/Sid builds which are pretty common in the higher Arena and GW fights, something like:

HK-47 (*5) or Bobba (4*) as Leader
    Poggle (haven't unlocked yet)
    IG 86 (only 2* star)
    IG 88 (haven't unlocked yet)
    Luminara or a debuffer like Moff Tarkin or Old Ben (if i ever get him from Bronzium)
  • My current team is below:

6* Darth Siduous
    5* Count Dooku
    5* Luminara Unduli
    5* Luke Skywalker
    4* Old Daka

Luke is doing great in my team and I highly suggest that you farm him if you'll take advantage of his critical hit synergy.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Luke is solid. His leader skill is underrated with the debuff-heavy meta, and he synergises great with some awesome characters like Rey and Poe.

Also he is not a glass cannon. He has a respectable health pool and pretty hard to kill in first turn. Which means from a strategy point of view I am forced to leave him till after I down some others, but I cringe when his turn comes up and just hope he doesn't crit and **** my face.
  • He has nice health but won't stop him from being turn one'd like any other high damage character. Usually if he's on someone's team, he isn't first priority tho, because all you have to do is survive his special with no crit stuns.

467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING