New Player - Some Doubts

Arijit
510 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hi, I am level 37 - a relatively new player but a regular one.Thanks for bumping to this forum, where I got a lot of knowledge like beginner guides and preparing for GW. Wish I had known all these before started, but nonetheless, now I am trying to follow the way of the force.
I have started farming Darth Sidious and Old Daka. I stopped going for table wars and focussed on farming JC - one character I am sure that will be useful in endgame.

So my doubt is:

1) I missed the Count Dooku pack, so is it worth farming him?
2) I have 1* Royal Guard - is it worth farming him till say 3* - I have no extra DS character.
3) Is it worth farming Talia and how frequent are her drops?
4) I have IG-86 1*, farm him too? till what level?
5) I have Jawa and Dathcha at 3 and 4 stars respectively, any advise on their farming?
6) How useful is Chewie in endgame? I am farming him and JC for now.
7) I have Captain Phasma at 3*, how much will she be helpful, worth investing?

NOTE: I want to have a near perfect team(although I have realized that there are many options).
Post edited by Arijit on

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Dooku yes
    JC yes
    Chewy yes
    Ig86 yes (if your gonna build a droid team)
    Talia no
    Jawa possibly (build dependant)
    Datcha no
    Phasma yes
    Royal guard possibly (build dependant)

Just my opinion but realistically there aint really too many bad toons depending on the build you go for etc. this game is pretty liberal about allowing all toons to be viable in proper builds
  • The way I've approached farming is to choose a couple to focus on based on where their drops come from. So, pick 1 character who drops in the Cantina, 1 character who drops form the LS/DS tables, 1 character who drops from the GW table, and 1 character who drops from the Arena table. That leaves you with one "flex" slot for testing out next stuff and/or deciding what else you'll be farming in the future.

Specifically addressing you points:

1) I missed the Count Dooku pack, so is it worth farming him?
    A) I love Dooku but he falls off hard in the later stages of the PVP Arena. Might not be a priority without the starting bundle. If you really like counterattacking, look into Fives -- he has a lot more HP and applies a slow, to boot, though he's a bit slower.

2) I have 1* Royal Guard - is it worth farming him till say 3* - I have no extra DS character.
    A) I love the Royal Guard but your mileage may vary. He farms slowly and doesn't do much damage. He's a great tank though. Once you upgrade his abilities he drains a lot of turn meter and automatically taunts when an ally takes serious damage. For what it's worth, he's not on my DS team right now.

3) Is it worth farming Talia and how frequent are her drops?
    A) I didn't farm Talia and don't regret it. You have Old Daka and that might be all the healing you need to get through the DS table

4) I have IG-86 1*, farm him too? till what level?
    A) I run a droid team so I'm trying to get my IG-86 to 7 stars. He packs a heck of a punch but he has a jaw of glass.

5) I have Jawa and Dathcha at 3 and 4 stars respectively, any advise on their farming?
    A) I didn't bother to level the Jawas, though some folks love them. They hurt droids a lot, are pretty fast, and deal a lot of damage, but they don't tend to have much in the way of health.

6) How useful is Chewie in endgame? I am farming him and JC for now.
    A) Lots of people swear by Chewie. I don't use him outside of the GW table when I need an expendable self-healing tank, but your mileage may vary. He's certainly not "bad", he's just not my style.

7) I have Captain Phasma at 3*, how much will she be helpful, worth investing?
    A) Phasma is an excellent leader if you like counterattacks and/or First Order troops. Her AOE buff and AOE debuff are both excellent as well. She doesn't make the cut for my arena team because I prefer an AOE Offense Down to an AOE Speed Down, but that's just my preference. Phasma can take you places if you build around her.

Hope that helped a little bit and good luck out there!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • dont bother farming dooku at ur level. Dooku only tough for players level 45ish and lower.

Keep farming sid and old daka. Do you have luminara? If not, farm her as priority also.

I wouldnt both with royal guard.

Keep farming ur jc and i also like ig-86.
  • Assuming you're free player.

1. You need to complete 5 hard battle for your daily. Use it on dooku nodes. No more hard mode for that day. All energy must go to gear farming or unlock mission. Only unlock based on gear you need.
    2. Plan your ds & ls team. I suggest ls chewie, jc, lumi, + 2 jawa. Ds sid, phasma, talia, daka, + another dd. As for royal guard, invest him to 40 and unlock taunt in his passive skill.
    3. Ds only have 2 healer. Rotate farming jc, chewie, talia, jawa to 4* using cantina battle. After that up to you. Pick 1 to max or unlock kylo node and farm him. Buy daka shipment. Refresh cantina energy once a day. If got left over crystal, refresh mission energy twice.
    4. You're farming sid, just train him to 40 and hope you get sid/dooku soon. I have him but I train genosian soldier to 3*
    5. You're lucky to have both jawa. See no2.
    6. See no2 & 3.
    7. When you unlock gw, get lumi to 4 then pasma too. After that go lumi all the way.

By doing so, Your arena team will be phasma, sid, lumi, daka, datcha.

At lvl60 you will unlock vader. I hope you'll get other 4* through bronzium.

Good luck.