Behold the Savior of the Droids (Jawa Engineer)

KamikazeRhombus
1412 posts Member
edited May 2016
nrbLbwv.jpg

This little guy let all my droids go before Dooku went and allowed me to kill Rey before their Dooku could do anything but counter! For once I finished an arena battle with only my tank dead.
Post edited by KamikazeRhombus on

Replies

• KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Hail to the King baby!
  • Options
    O yes I'm working on him now :D
  • Zaikkon
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, and just you wait till you get HK to 80 and omega his leader ability. The droids are back in business.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I am happy to see the report! He is looking good. Last night I got my JE to Level 77 also but he is half of one slot away from Gear IX...just a couple of days! Unfortunately his attacks/abilities are not up to par with yours yet. My Jawa and Dathcha are both maxed and Gear IX. Since I am not droid centric, I am thinking about different team combinations, most of which will demolish any droid team with or without JE. ;)

Here are my options as I see it:
    Teebo (L), Dathcha, Jawa, Jawa Engineer, Royal Guard (Stealth, Tank and Turn Meter Option but JE revive is wasted since there is no droid, healing still works though)
    IG-88 (L), Dathcha, Jawa, Jawa Engineer, Old Daka (IG88 give +10% Crit and there are two revivers)
    Dathcha (L if facing a droid team), Jawa, Jawa Engineer, IG-86/88, Old Daka/RG (Dathcha's Lead Ability has the strong chance of shutting down a droid team)

I am very excited to explore these options! My RG is 6*, Dathcha and Jawa are 7*, Daka is getting built but is only 4*, Teebo is getting built and is only 4* but almost 5, IG-86 is 6* almost 7. IG-88 I only just realized his lead ability and is next on my list to build in Arena after I finish ST Han in about 2 weeks. So in about 2 months I should have it all figured out and be in a strong position.

Another interesting option would be to use Old Ben in combination with the Jawas...since he is so popular right now among top teams. He could be a factor as well.

I think most of these combinations will take down any droid team but of course almost anyone can beat anyone else in the top 50 when the silly AI has control of a team's defense. It will be interesting to find the right team combination that will do okay with the rest of the arena teams. I have a feeling that TWO revivers has the potential to cause a lot of headaches for other teams.

What I really need is Chief Nebit to be released to us so he can be a proper lead for the Jawas. He is actually in the game already. You can face him in the last two nodes of Tier 5 Cantina.

• KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    oops
  • Options
    I like the idea of a zombie team. Already have a high powered Ewok Elder. Would like to find a way to incorporate EE and JE in team not completely droid or jawa. Maybe a zombie assist team. Might be missing attack power though with those slots filled by two rez toons and still needing a tank.
  • Options
    Azrex_Dren wrote: »
    I like the idea of a zombie team. Already have a high powered Ewok Elder. Would like to find a way to incorporate EE and JE in team not completely droid or jawa. Maybe a zombie assist team. Might be missing attack power though with those slots filled by two rez toons and still needing a tank.

Boba(L), daka, ewok elder, JE, HK
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    Jawa Engineer will be a great addition to the assassin squad. Can't wait! :p
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    Every day I think about how crazy this game would be changed if all of a sudden we could use 6 characters in Arena!...it would be fun to have a 6 Character day once per week/month. WOW!
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    That's awesome! I am happy to see the report! He is looking good. Last night I got my JE to Level 77 also but he is half of one slot away from Gear IX...just a couple of days! Unfortunately his attacks/abilities are not up to par with yours yet. My Jawa and Dathcha are both maxed and Gear IX. Since I am not droid centric, I am thinking about different team combinations, most of which will demolish any droid team with or without JE. ;)

I have noticed he is very easy to gear so far I just ran out of energy. His basic attack has to easily be the worst in the game since it gets resisted a lot and it takes a full turn to do any damage. If you are strapped for purple mats I would definitely level his basic last.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options

I have noticed he is very easy to gear so far I just ran out of energy. His basic attack has to easily be the worst in the game since it gets resisted a lot and it takes a full turn to do any damage. If you are strapped for purple mats I would definitely level his basic last.

Thanks for the advice. That sounds really good. I have all abilities at 3. Ugh, the struggle is real. I agree his basic attack is really bad. I played with him while doing the MATS challenge last night and the detonator never went off because I killed everyone too quickly. BUT, the challenge is too easy. I have put some thought into how to use the basic attack in arena and here is what I came up with.

When I am in arena, I always take out Daka first if facing her, then I take out the heavy hitters and then I take out the healers and tanks. So, with this order, whenever JE takes his turn and his basic attack is being used, apply the detonator to the 3rd, 4th or 5th character that you plan on taking out...if not a taunting tank. That way, the detonator at least goes off and is used.
  • Options

Thanks for the advice. That sounds really good. I have all abilities at 3. Ugh, the struggle is real. I agree his basic attack is really bad. I played with him while doing the MATS challenge last night and the detonator never went off because I killed everyone too quickly. BUT, the challenge is too easy. I have put some thought into how to use the basic attack in arena and here is what I came up with.

When I am in arena, I always take out Daka first if facing her, then I take out the heavy hitters and then I take out the healers and tanks. So, with this order, whenever JE takes his turn and his basic attack is being used, apply the detonator to the 3rd, 4th or 5th character that you plan on taking out...if not a taunting tank. That way, the detonator at least goes off and is used.

Yeah that would work if I didn't spam the abilities when in arena haha. I just see his basic as a cooldown for his good abilities.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    His detonators nice for foreskin
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    9r33d0 wrote: »
    His detonators nice for foreskin

lol...wut
    mighty chlorians
  • infidale
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Does he start off at 4 stars or have you starred him up once or twice already in that picture?
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have 55 of his shards then stopped farming to save the coins for raid gear.

Not sure if I'll continue doing that or just max JE out first. Would he be useful in a team without HK? I haven't started on him yet but have 88 and 86 maxed.
  • Options
    infidale wrote: »
    Does he start off at 4 stars or have you starred him up once or twice already in that picture?

@infidale
    He starts at 4*.
    Characters that require 10 shards start at 1*.
    25 shards -> 2*.
    50 shards -> 3*.
    80 shards -> 4*.
    145 shards -> 5*.
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    I have 55 of his shards then stopped farming to save the coins for raid gear.

Not sure if I'll continue doing that or just max JE out first. Would he be useful in a team without HK? I haven't started on him yet but have 88 and 86 maxed.

@fudgra
    I am always an advocate for HK-47 because he is the only character in this game from the best Star Wars game and in my opinion he is the best leader for droids. HK will not only make JE +10 speed faster but he will grant IG-88 and himself a second turn after they use their AOE with the critical buff.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    "Behold the Savior of the Droids (Jawa Engineer)"

when i read this title i immediately envisioned the scene in ROTJ when the Ewoks are worshipping C3PO, except in this instance the droids are fawning over JE.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    dough wrote: »
    "Behold the Savior of the Droids (Jawa Engineer)"

when i read this title i immediately envisioned the scene in ROTJ when the Ewoks are worshipping C3PO, except in this instance the droids are fawning over JE.
    Lol

• KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    I am now at 15/65. I suspect he will be 5* next weekend. Woohooooo!
  • infidale
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks KamikazeRhombus, good information to have!
  • Mithrawnuodo
    303 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lol