Credit 'event' solution

Prev1
Jaflip
142 posts Member
edited May 2016
Would you guys use the event if the energy spent is much lower; like say ten energy instead of the ludicrous 24?

Credit 'event' solution 105 votes

Yes I would
55%
GenakumadarksideshampooReznorXWhiteroomT0mmyB23infectiouszombiePiffGurupapnworsOkerlundJarJar_Shard_1PadmeAltoon33IsThisThomJedilove3737AngrybaldmanSocceanFaRule_DaGalexy91BrandiecardozaSamerius 58 votes
No. Math makes my head hurt
44%
UshoBoro_Smooth1Azrex_Drendano7591benacrowGizmo_FettI_WANT_YODABiel_StarboyEricsonXEleiemDarth_ReyThewhiteonEValent_AntonaRandelEnjayceeAce5Z_Cavariccikaleb314irvvrilunarwolf 47 votes

Replies

• Usho
    586 posts Member
    nope, ammount is too low
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    So even with a lower energy spent you still wouldn't use it?
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Lol then 24 is just a stupid number to get MAYBE 24000
  • No. Math makes my head hurt
    Wouldn't make sense. If it's easy then everyone could do it, the game wouldn't be challenging. Besides we get bonus energy 3 times a day.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Jaflip wrote: »
    So even with a lower energy spent you still wouldn't use it?

8400 base 25.200 ? nope too low to even bother spending energy on, id rather farm shards/gear than 25k credit...
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Never touched those credit and drone events. There is absolutely no reasons. Should atleast be 5x that payout.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Great points. I don't think I single sane person uses those so why have a more inticing event. I would do it if I it payed 20,000 with a chance at 3x multiplier for 24 energy
    Waste of time
    just filler to be there until yoda is back. time is money and that amount aint worth it.
    It's not the amount of energy that's the issue its the amount of credits. Most of the time it's only 8400. I can make more than that in 2 nodes of cantina. It's a slap in the face compared to what the credit event used to be.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
    Not even if they did away with the "chance for x3" and gave us the 60,000. Those events are a waste of programming.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    No. It's nothing more than a noob trap. Now that it costs 250k credits to bring one character up a level what's 8k going to do? The cost of filling a gear slot can cost 3x that.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Well I hope ea does something about it. It's a useless event that could be so much better implemented
  • It's not the amount of energy that's the issue its the amount of credits. Most of the time it's only 8400. I can make more than that in 2 nodes of cantina. It's a slap in the face compared to what the credit event used to be.

I'm relatively new, so how was the credit event used to be?
  • That would help. As it is its a waste and everybody knows it. They could do a lot more with this events section
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    arttorres0 wrote: »
    It's not the amount of energy that's the issue its the amount of credits. Most of the time it's only 8400. I can make more than that in 2 nodes of cantina. It's a slap in the face compared to what the credit event used to be.

They used to have something called a "keycard" credit challenge. You get one credit 'key' a day and once you activate it you could do the challenge over and over for 50 energy points a try during an hour period. Each battle gave you 100k credits. I guess they thought it was too generous and being the greedy ***** they are they removed it.

So, 50 energy for 100k vs. 24 energy for 8400. Big difference.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    So they Nerf credits too?? what a shame.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    @CG_JohnSalera will there be any changes to these events in the near future? I'm sure you guys know about the lack of activity in this event and are looking to revamp it with something more useful
  • fudgra wrote: »
    arttorres0 wrote: »

They used to have something called a "keycard" credit challenge. You get one credit 'key' a day and once you activate it you could do the challenge over and over for 50 energy points a try during an hour period. Each battle gave you 100k credits. I guess they thought it was too generous and being the greedy ***** they are they removed it.

So, 50 energy for 100k vs. 24 energy for 8400. Big difference.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a big nerf to me, everybody is feeling the lack of credits... it's absurd :neutral:
    You get nothing.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    About as useful as getting 300 credits from a bronzium pull
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    They need to up the credits for those with higher levels. The credit prizes should increase as you level. I get when you level it gets harder but the credit shortage is absurd.
  • Sporkspam
    55 posts Member
    Flag Quote
    Jaflip wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera will there be any changes to these events in the near future? I'm sure you guys know about the lack of activity in this event and are looking to revamp it with something more useful

I started this thread yesterday...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/389967#Comment_389967

And this was the response...

CG_JohnSaleraCG_JohnSalera
    12:49AM
    More events are on their way. We'll have more details as they get closer. :smile:

• Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Sounds promising! Thank you
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Lol poll wise its even. 50/50
    Yeah the old keycard battles were at least worth it. You sacrificed maybe grinding some gear for a decent reward. But these "new" events are a joke. Training droid one is even worse.

Scoundrel event sounds promising. If it ever happens. According to the "high and mighty data mines data" scoundrel event was here months ago
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • HunterXJD
    252 posts Member
    Yes I would
    The amount of Crystals spent on energy for the event is equal to buying it in the store, which is too high.
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Their idea of how much RL money is compared to ingame currency is totally flawed. When a fictional character in a make believe world costs more than a lunch... You must ask yourself, are they high?

EA needs to start thinking about how they can make the game more "spendable" for the average person. Not everyone is Scrooge McDuck swimming in their vault of shinny gold coins.

I've used this mentality with my own business: lots of little equals lots... Meaning, if I have to sell my product to a lot of middle class people, it's going to mean more revenue for me in the long run, than selling it to 1 wealthy person... Why? Because that 1 rich person has lots of rich friends (but we all know not all rich people are the same) but they might not like what he/she likes... Where as if I sell to a lot of middle class people (your average Joe), you get free advertising (word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising), you get friends talking to friends & 1 = 3 = 9 = 27 = 81 = 243...

Lots of little is still lots! Nothing is stopping them from still making nice packages for the wealthier class of people but they're loosing a lot of revenue from the middle to lower class.
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    I wouldn't even do it if it costed 5 energy. Waste of time, but if it costed 24 energy to get a guaranteed 75-100k, we'd be in business.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    I definitely agree. You'd have more spending from the middle class which is a much larger pool of people than the ones who spend thousands on this game.