Excited about the Shard shop - till I unlocked it

MayCM
124 posts Member
300 shards for 2 shards of mostly farmable characters - sounds like a fair deal. Is this shop made for normal players willing to pay a bit for the game, or for so called whales having bought hundreds of chromiums ending with a surplus of hundreds of shards?

Replies

• Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Its for non payers, small payers and whales. If there are no more shards in the arena, galactic war or cantina that you want you can convert into shard shop currency and get something you do want with them. It is not 300 shards for 2 shards, more like 20 shards for 2 or something like that, cant remember it exactly

It is not 300 shards, it is 300 shard currency, each shard is converted to 15 shard currency to use in the shop.
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I remember posting this same thing when I unlocked it.

Basically, the only thing its good for is converting shards you'll acquire for maxed characters, either thru GW or packs. The only thing you should ever buy in shard shop is Vader shards.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Well, you basically answered it. It's for massive chromium overflow.

I don't agree with the implementation as I think there's a lot of wasted potential, but that's what it is.
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    Options
    It's not really designed for the average player. Even many big spenders dislike the Shard Shop (regarding the less-than-satisfactory General Grievous).
    But it is useful if say, you were to acquire additional shards via bronzium for an already maxed toon-- whose useless shards you could then trade for a couple useful shards.
  • CashFlow
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Really needs a refresh button, similar to ALL of the other currency shops
  • Options
    It's for Vader. It's the only other place to get him, other than achievements.
  • HUSKARL
    99 posts Member
    Options
    It's handy to grab Vader shards, sometimes someone hard to farm will appear and who knows who will be the next Grievous type char. Most of mine is untouched.