Cant we just do fewer nodes (8-10) with same rewards for galactic war

Prev13
That would save time and you could also do something like increase difficulty so your still utilizing your whole team the loot a bit higher for each node to keep the rewards the same

Replies

• Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I considered making a post asking for the same thing; a simple drop in nodes from 12 to even 10 can make a noticeable difference. Some of us are very busy people out here haha.
  • Even 8 or 9 would work well. Its a beast on time
  • Bgladney
    82 posts Member
    +1
  • 10 is too much! I would love 6-8... I get to do arround 4-6 per day
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Split it, 6 in the morning and 6 at night
  • Even 8 or 9 would work well. Its a beast on time

add everything up in game and you're looking at around 2+ hours of your day.

Now imagine if they add ships etc
  • Ducy
    22 posts Member
    I want 1 node and be able to get 900k worth of crystals from it everyday
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    I do about 1-2 Gw a week if that, its not that I cant complete it, its just to long like Op said maybe make 9 Nodes better rewards everyone is happy . Thank you God bless.
  • Not less for the same rewards. I want more GW. It should be endless with the rewards going higher with more credits more shards and more crystals. Even add unobtainable gear.
  • ldkronos
    63 posts Member
    Don't make me do any of it...just send me a daily message to my inbox with the total rewards.
  • You'd think that some people don't like to actually play this game.

Please don't reduce the number of nodes. I like it where it is.

It would be nice is a player could earn some the better gear in GW though. Maybe if they completed GW X number of times in a row, or without losing a toon.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    That would be my dream cone true. I hate going 12 rounds in galactic war Im considering auto battles until were it takes me because I don't all day everyday to play and if I dont do it i fall way behind. Not cool at all. Lol
  • No.

If you want to play casually then don't expect maximum rewards.

Either play it for the full two hours with max rewards or play it for one hour with half of the rewards.

#Entitlement
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Just make it one node. And it's the rancor.
  • No.

Either play it for the full two hours with max rewards or play it for one hour with half of the rewards.

#Entitlement
    ^^^^ +5000
    Lets just make it one node with a level 2 ewok. My finger gets too tired.
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    +1 OP. 9 Total Nodes would definitely be optimal imo. The first six nodes are always a total snooze fest. I'd like a reduction in nodes and an increase in difficulty.
  • Tocinoelcerdo
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No.

#Entitlement

@cosmicturtle333
    I don't think OP said anything about rewards.

Neither did they say give me rewards.

They simply presented an idea.

Also, take Clash of Clans as an example here, as soon as they gave the finger to the casual fan base look what happened, they dropped out of the top rated apps from top 10, they went from top grossing of two and a half years to 5th. I consider myself "hardcore", and I really hope this game starts adding stuff for the casual fan base because if you keep steaming along trying to pull in profits from "hardcore" players, you eventually crash and burn when they lose the people they pay/play to impress.

Edit: typos
  • No.

#Entitlement

@cosmicturtle333

Also, take Clash of Clans as an example here, as soon as they gave the finger to the casual fan base look what happened, they dropped out of the top rated apps from top 10, they went from top grossing of two and a half years to 5th. I consider myself "hardcore", and I really hope this game starts adding stuff for the casual fan base because if you keep steaming along trying to pull in profits from "hardcore" players, you eventually crash and burn when they lose the people they pay/play to impress.

By reducing the amount of GW nodes they are making changes that would affect the entire player base. This is positive for them but negative for me.

Casual players already get natural regular and cantina energy regenerating, 45 free energy three times a day, five free attempts in arena, free arena rewards every 24 hours and five free bronzium cards each day.

If they want more than that then they have to work for it.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Tocinoelcerdo
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No.

#Entitlement

@cosmicturtle333

By reducing the amount of GW nodes they are making changes that would affect the entire player base. This is positive for them but negative for me.

Casual players already get natural regular and cantina energy regenerating, 45 free energy three times a day, five free attempts in arena, free arena rewards every 24 hours and five free bronzium cards each day.

If they want more than that then they have to work for it.

if you define casual players by the 45 free energy, and 5 free bronziums, free arena rewards, then technically everyone is a casual player :wink: . But I get what you mean.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is not everyone is able to put in the same amount of time, even if they like the game the same amount. I'd hate to see people go when the game goes a direction where the time they have is no longer able to allow them to enjoy the game their way.
  • I'd hate to see people go when the game goes a direction where the time they have is no longer able to allow them to enjoy the game their way.

Their way? What about the thousands of other players who are just fine with it as is? What about their way?
    If they can't handle an extra challenge now and then, then they are not suited for this game, let them go play Candy Crush.
    This topic has been discussed ad nauseum . Its a broken record.
    Its so simple. If they don't want to spend 1 hour they can stop playing whenever they want. They just can't have the full reward. They get something for their troubles. Why can't they be content with that?
  • bluenqm
    172 posts Member
    I think we are happier with fewer nodes.
  • bluenqm wrote: »
    I think we are happier with fewer nodes.

Fine. You play fewer nodes and be happy. We will play more nodes and be happy.
    Everybody is happy and nothing has to be changed.
  • I'd hate to see people go when the game goes a direction where the time they have is no longer able to allow them to enjoy the game their way.

Their way? What about the thousands of other players who are just fine with it as is? What about their way?
    If they can't handle an extra challenge now and then, then they are not suited for this game, let them go play Candy Crush.
    Its so simple. If they don't want to spend 1 hour they can stop playing whenever they want. They just can't have the full reward. They get something for their troubles. Why can't they be content with that?

Seems you have trouble putting yourself in other people's shoes.

Ya see if they just go play candy crush instead, now you lose a lot of people you didn't even know played this game, therefore decreasing the amount of exposure this game can get, therefore attracting less players, so on and so forth.

Yes, they can stop after an hour, but the rate this game is going you'll need more than an hour to complete what you need to complete to advance and continue to enjoy the game.

Now if ya wanna call me a narcissist again for trying to explain a different point of view, be my guest, I'll just sit here and laugh since you don't know what the definition of narcissist is.

Ya see if they just go play candy crush instead, now you lose a lot of people you didn't even know played this game, therefore decreasing the amount of exposure this game can get, therefore attracting less players, so on and so forth.

Yes, they can stop after an hour, but the rate this game is going you'll need more than an hour to complete what you need to complete to advance and continue to enjoy the game.

Now if ya wanna call me a narcissist again for trying to explain a different point of view, be my guest, I'll just sit here and laugh since you don't know what the definition of narcissist is.

Oh stop it! This is so simple. You are never going to please everyone, but deleting content from the game is not the answer.

The more content the better. Everyone keeps harping for more content and then someone complains because they don't have time for all that content. Give me an f'ing break.

Oh stop it! This is so simple. You are never going to please everyone, but deleting content from the game is not the answer.

The more content the better. Everyone keeps harping for more content and then someone complains because they don't have time for all that content. Give me an f'ing break.

Is there an issue with people not wanting it your way? Tough nuts, welcome to life, that's why you can't please everyone.

And rarely will you see the same person complain about too much content after asking for more.

I'm just gonna step away now because as before, you have missed the point of what was being said originally. Carry on.
  • Witblitz
    16 posts Member
    Or they could just take away protection making GW go faster...like before their stupid update.
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Witblitz wrote: »
    Or they could just take away protection making GW go faster...like before their stupid update.
    +1
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Are you kidding me? It already takes several hours to complete all the content that currently exists. Do you even play this game?

It takes at least an hour to complete 5 arena battles. Each battle takes 3-5 mins. Average 20 mins. Then you have to wait 7 mins for each battle to refresh. 4x7 = 28 mins. Add extra time to search out an opponent. minimum 48 mins to play Arena.

We all know how long it takes to play GW. Some do it in 30 mins. , some take 2 hours. Average 75 mins. Lets pretend it is shorter to make you happy. 30 mins.

If you are playing new L/D battle nodes, each one might take 5 mins. Most people burn through a couple gem refreshes, so thats about 200-500 energy, depending on what level you are. Average 12 energy per battle, thats 25-40 battles x 5 mins. = 120-200 mins. Take some time off for sims. Average 1.5 hours for a full days worth of energy.

Cantina same thing. Most people probably sim it most of the time. Say 30 mins. average for the full day.

Challenges cannot be simmed but can be auto-battled. Playing a battle on manual can take 3-5 mins. 3 credit/droid/ability challenges x 4mins. ≈ 15 mins average. Gear challenges 5 x 4 = 20 mins. Average 35 mins. per day Sunday x3 = 75 mins.

Events (I don't play them) add 15 mins.

Raids depending on the size of your team it could take 10mins. - 1 hour to play one round . x2 rounds average 1 hour.

Once all of that is done you have to spend time managing your assets. Leveling toons. gearing, purchasing shards, etc. 10 - 20 mins. per day average 15 mins.

All together thats about 320 mins. or more than 5 hours just to complete all the content for each day.
    That is about how much time I spend per day, which is ridiculous, but I am not the one complaining about it.
    All of these activities are necessary to earn shards, gear, droids, credits, gems, and energy in order to be competent in this game. So tell me which game modes would you like to eliminate to bring your daily play time down to 1 hour? Looks like it will have to be nearly all of them. Now thats going to be an interesting game.
  • I'm sorry poor entitled person I do have time to do 12 nodes a day on guild activity day I do 24 and I'm rewarded for it. You want less nodes but the same rewards that's just a laugh. Next you'll be asking for 1 challenge a day but with the rewards for 5. As I stated earlier GW should be endless with higher rewards for the more you complete. It's simple you don't have the time to play this game then quit.
  • B00MSTICK
    107 posts Member
    No thanks.

GW is currently my favorite part of the game in it's current form. I enjoy picking different teams from my roster depending on what random team each node puts up, or what toon I've recently unlocked/leveled up and want to try out. It's a good practice mode for me since you can reset w/ retreat.

If you don't have the time, then just don't do it. Start one node, retreat, get credit for your daily and off you go.