How can you win against this?

Prev1
Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited December 2015
As much as I try I die before I can do anything, Leia buffs entire team with 4 buffs, Qui Gon makes all 5 fight first. I used Lumi's and Daka heal, but after first round only Sid was alive. Each enemy char did about 14k except for one miss.
image.jpg

My team is not Woooow, but it's no crap either. I usually can lst 2 mins.

7 Sid, Talia, Lumi
6 Daka
5 IG 88

All max gear, might be missing 1 gear item max.

Any tips, besides mirroring that team (which might fail as the AI does exactly what I would but AI has proc buff)?

Replies

• Have anything to replace Talia with?
  • You can't with your team. Simple as that. He has a team of some of the best characters in the game, all at max level it seems. Probably paid a pretty penny for it. You're not supposed to be able to defeat every team. If it was GW, then you would have needed to use the retreat/close methods.
  • If you can replace Talia with Barriss that might work, or have Lumi as lead and replace Talia with another damage dealer. Lumi's evasion might be enough to let you survive.
  • Your team lacks synergy and QGJ leadership ability shouldn't effect anyone but Jedi. So I'm not sure what you are getting at. Try different characters with better synergies.
  • Scoregasms
    94 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Uhhh, I thought Qui Gon leadership only applied to Jedi, did I misunderstand it? Qui Gon isn't in the lead position either in that pic right? Lol, so confuzzled. Han's taunt reduces ur turn meter when he gets attacked and increases his teams meter (I think), you just need to nuke Han asap or stun him if ur gonna kill FOTP/Leia first.
  • I can replace her with 5* for now. Have like 6 chars there. But I'd love to hear ideas vs this specific setup. None of my chars can make any difference. They just die in first turn. Leia stealths and applies 4 buff on FIRST MOVE, for example. The taunter walks in in middle of 1st turn not last.

I am thinking this setup needs some dissecting. Nothing stock can beat as it applies 20 buff, becomes stealth and lands eveything just after I had two shots.

I am going to reseach debuffers, but Leia reapplies buffs every single turn - so I don't think that will work either. Maybe a full team of AoE abioity bloquers?

I hope Leia becomes fixed at some point. Very nice nerding of chara performing to specs, like Barris, but what about those completely broken?
  • Ive been warning for weeks for people to get Poe. You need Poe to fight that team.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have Poe. He lands taunt and die in 1-2 shots from enemy. This enemy can do 13k just with Tie Pilot. Then enemy has the logo that will take 20%, and I get 2-3 additional chars dead after first turn - ene in spite of firing Lumi and another healer.
  • I would suggest a Jedi line up. I might be bias but I have yet to meet a team I can't beat.

My setup is all level 60 all level 7 gear(one slot from 8).

7*Sid
    7* Lumi
    4* Anakin
    4* Old Ben
    4* Bariss

I swap between Sid and Bariss as leaders, so I'm this case I would make all my team tanky enough to deal with the DPS from that line up with Bariss, control the squad with Ben and Lumi. Then I would just use Anakin and Sid to knock them out. Again I might be somewhat bias with my lineup but I would love to see a team like that. I need a challenge.
  • Leia and TIE will do anything between 9k and 15k each. All their two first rounds are 2x. They all go before you. Leia goes stealth on first turn too. Han taunts on turn 4 (out of 10 chars). qui Gon call an ally immediately after Leia's, the first mover that remains stealth for 2 turns, thus she has extra damage for about 20k of she does her four-in-a-turn cuatruple, all at 2x buffed by her stealth further.

I think your team would die before end of first round.
  • You underestimate my Dps with my squad, but I again I would love the challenge.
  • You could try a heavy aoe team. Yes that still hurts people even in stealth.
  • Nik_ra, I wish you could chose to fight ither arena's so you could try this. This teamnis all 5 chars 7* and they play all the right moves. Maybe you can destroy it easily. What I witnessed was getting killed before I could do anything.

>Han's taunt reduces ur turn meter when he gets attacked and increases his teams meter (I think)

I am going to check this! I completely overlooked this, but if so, then maybe he had Hans as lead (to make chars last longer, then hit harder) and Qui Gon just went second (after Leia's stealth), calling Ally, and what drove the turn meter was getting Hans (but too late since I tryied to kill FOTP first (a mistake) and then was forced to advance the turn meter with Han.
    (Devastating vs Leia and FOTP 3x and 4x bonuses).

>you just need to nuke Han asap or stun him if ur gonna kill FOTP/Leia first.

I will. And maybe not fire any heal. Lumi wasted a heal and everybody dies anyway. Same with Daka that fired Heal, instead of stun. My HP dissapeared too quickly!
  • is that alex vor's team?
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Yeap just checked Hans. Will remove 25% turn meter on his turn... 25% of times (proc for each char separately I understand). Not sure how this works with proc buff given to AI.

Then each time anyone damages him, has 25% chance to reduce 5% turn meter of each ally.

Am I interpreting this Han skill correctly? If so, esch attack he will jumble my order of attack delaying one or two chars randomly. If it takes 6 shots to kill him, that means he'll slow my team on average 7.5% (6/4*5%) of entire turn meter (but messing up order) but if he procs on first turn and hits 25% reduction then it's 32.5% in one turn.
  • Scoregasms
    94 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It really is just a good pvp team, lots of assist and bonus damage behind a taunt who can manipulate turn meters. Now I want to star up my Han.... Lol.

Edit: Oh, Han doesn't need to be lead for his turn meter manipulation mojo. I think Leia is in lead for that hot crit buff.

Do you have someone who can dispel the taunt? Maybe Qui Gon, Assaj, Mace (shudder... Lol)? Ability block also works to shut him up while you work on nuking DPS.
  • @Fantazy, yeah :-$
  • @Fantazy, yeah :-$

I can't beat it either, I tried and ended up like you. Him and Xindhi are tough cookies for me. :) I feel you.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    OK I tried again without fear of losing and beat him by replacing Dooku with FO Tie Pilot (mine's just 3 stars)

team: Poe 5*, FO Tie Pilot 3*, Phasma 4*, Sid 7*, Lumi 6*
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • I am thinking killing Han just makes enemy fire 10 times while I fire 5. And while I take Han, enemy takes down my key chars. If I where to bring assajj maybe I could untaunt, but by that time I would have hit Han a couple of times if not more, and I'd have a couple of chars dead.

I wish there was a simulator where you could experiment with any char setup privately. I absolutely love how broken Leia is too.
  • Ventress can debuff entire enemy team with her first special and regains health to boot. Leia is broken and will probably (and rightfully) get fixed with the next update so her buffs and multiple attack don't proc as often as they do.

That said, leia and QGJ are chromium only toons so this guy obviously has deep pockets.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • That said, leia and QGJ are chromium only toons so this guy obviously has deep pockets.

Let's beat them with ingenuity and fearlessness xD (I did with my subpar (or substar?) team, will try again)

Leia stealthed in round one so that gives a break. I managed to kill the Tie Pilot before he could do any big harm. Poe took the 3 leia hits in the face and moved on.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • I have fought some teams like this. My solution is phasma increase turn and ventress debuff then heal and start attack by picking leia first. Sometimes it works sometimes it not, but it is my best bet and generally i can put up a good fight.
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Asajj Ventess' debuff ability will make u beat that guy since that ability also heals your entire team. I hope u have her. Her damage is great and I have her on my starting roster, rank #1 atm in my server pvp.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Clearing Han's taunt is the crucial thing for me. If everything goes well Ventress will clear it along with Poggles buffs, as well as healing my team up a large amount. Then it's just focus down Tie Pilot, QGJ, Leia, Poggle and Han in that order. Ventress isn't very reliable with that though so it's not an automatic win.

I wish they would fix Leia though. We have known she was bugged well before Barriss was "adjusted", and still they haven't implemented a simple fix to her proc.
  • Sakichan wrote: »
    I have fought some teams like this. My solution is phasma increase turn and ventress debuff then heal and start attack by picking leia first. Sometimes it works sometimes it not, but it is my best bet and generally i can put up a good fight.

This Leia invariably goes first of every other char and goes stealth for two turns. With Phasma may goes second? You'd need a stunner with 100% proc that goes first. Dooku is the closest thing, but kost often does not stun.

• Ascansio wrote: »
    Asajj Ventess' debuff ability will make u beat that guy since that ability also heals your entire team. I hope u have her. Her damage is great and I have her on my starting roster, rank #1 atm in my server pvp.

I have her at 4* only. Will have to pick her up shortly, but there are so many moving pieces it's hard. A Phasma or Poe team can help turn meters, but it's too **** slow. This enemy does lots of assists at 10k+ dmg per turn. Even with Lumi heal, by start of third round I only had Sid. Advancing turn meter helps only a tiny bit.

• Ascansio wrote: »

I love Ventress. She is a bit squishy, not too bad, Sid like HP, and is slow, but she hits hard, and Her and Sids AOE's combined at 6* purple jack teams up. I can't wait until 7*
  • I used an aoe team to destroy a similar team.4 aoes kills Leia through stealth and Lumi used her ability to take out Han before he can taunt. It's cleanup after that.
  • Sakichan wrote: »
    I have fought some teams like this. My solution is phasma increase turn and ventress debuff then heal and start attack by picking leia first. Sometimes it works sometimes it not, but it is my best bet and generally i can put up a good fight.

This Leia invariably goes first of every other char and goes stealth for two turns. With Phasma may goes second? You'd need a stunner with 100% proc that goes first. Dooku is the closest thing, but kost often does not stun.

Ventress debuff skill repel invisibility too. If after ventress debuff i still lose only one character, i probably win. If i lost two i can still win. The key to this fight is delete its buffs and survive the first round, after that it is easy.