Aurodium characters

I know that chromium characters can become free to play, but will the aurodium characters ever become free?

Replies

• Or can anyone at least tell me who the aurodium characters are besides Rex shaman and wedge? If there are any...
  • SpiveyJr
    69 posts Member
    I think those have been the only 3. Rex is now available via chrome packs while shaman is no longer obtainable. It's only 1 character at a time for about 30 days
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    SpiveyJr wrote: »
    I think those have been the only 3. Rex is now available via chrome packs while shaman is no longer obtainable. It's only 1 character at a time for about 30 days

@SpiveyJr Do you think there's any chance of Rex going from chrome to free? I know it's probably speculation, but as we all know that chrome characters will become free, I was wondering if they ever said anything about aurodium characters moving to free
  • I would imagine in the next few months theyd give us an option to farm rex. I mean come on everyone loves rex. I bought an arodium to try and get him when he was out but only got shards and for 750 crystals i didnt feel like taking those chances again, and there was no way to farm him up once u got him. Shaman and wedge didnt look appealing either to me and again no way to farm them. I think if they add a way to farm rex it would be a huge hit. Come on everyone loves rex
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    SpiveyJr wrote: »

No. There is no difference between aurodium and chromium toons. Rex was the first aurodium pack, and actually available in chromium for more than a week before the concept of aurodium was even released. The whole purpose behind the aurodium pack is to allow spenders, who possibly already spent all they're willing to spend on chromium, to purchase the new toon at a more guaranteed rate, as the diminished return to get one toon through chromium at that point is ridiculous. Once the aurodium pack for that toon expires it is still, and always has been, available through chromium. As with all exclusive toons they will eventually be released to f2p. However, considering there are numerous launch toons that are still exclusive, don't expect Rex or any other aurodium toon to be release for quite a while.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    As with all exclusive toons they will eventually be released to f2p.

I keep reading this recently. Is this based on official information or just an assumption because it's happened a few times in the past?
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    As with all exclusive toons they will eventually be released to f2p.

I keep reading this recently. Is this based on official information or just an assumption because it's happened a few times in the past?

It's based on official information. But aside from that just think about it logically. There is no way they could continue releasing more exclusive toons without releasing the existing ones to f2p. It would afford a permanent competitive advantage to p2p that would drive f2p players away.
  • I personally feel like they need to re-release Rex aurodium since there was no timer on the event. So I'm now stuck with a 6* Rex and buying chromiums would net cost me double the price of obtaining Rex from aurodium. Not gonna happen.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Not sure there's much logic in the way they differentiate between f2p and p2p, or that using logic would necessarily arrive me at that conclusion anyway. There's a need to maintain a permanent competitive advantage to p2p players, else nobody would pay and the game would collapse.

Be interested to read the official info if you still have a link for it.
  • I never went for Rex, buy I did go after Tusken Shaman and now Wedge. Got them both to 5 stars before it started to get too expensive.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I personally feel like they need to re-release Rex aurodium since there was no timer on the event. So I'm now stuck with a 6* Rex and buying chromiums would net cost me double the price of obtaining Rex from aurodium. Not gonna happen.

Also, Rex was bugged when he first came out. Many people didn't even consider buying him for that reason. And we didn't have a raid that just-so-happens to be ideal for his kit.
    They should re-release him. Or make him available in some other way.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I personally feel like they need to re-release Rex aurodium since there was no timer on the event. So I'm now stuck with a 6* Rex and buying chromiums would net cost me double the price of obtaining Rex from aurodium. Not gonna happen.

Also, Rex was bugged when he first came out. Many people didn't even consider buying him for that reason. And we didn't have a raid that just-so-happens to be ideal for his kit.

Agree with the re-release in aurodium.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    Not sure there's much logic in the way they differentiate between f2p and p2p, or that using logic would necessarily arrive me at that conclusion anyway. There's a need to maintain a permanent competitive advantage to p2p players, else nobody would pay and the game would collapse.

Be interested to read the official info if you still have a link for it.

It's the exact opposite actually. It's a fine tuned system that allows p2p to have temporary competitive advantages. This accomplishes two things:
    1) It continually moves the bar forward, typically in the form of power creep, to give p2p the psychological incentive to continue paying. If the advantage was permanent, there'd be no reason to continue paying.
    2) It gives f2p the illusion of being able to catch up. This carrot on the stick keeps them playing and the game is able to maintain a healthy population.

I don't have a link to the Dev comments. It's back when QGJ was first released to f2p and the forums were blowing up about that.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    The rolling (temporary) competitive advantage you describe is still a permanent advantage in everything but name.

I agree there should be some trickle down of characters to keep the interest alive, but I don't believe every premium character has to be released to f2p in order to prevent driving said f2p players away. Would f2p players leave if Leia was never released, for example? I doubt it. That's what I'd like to clarify from the official position: All characters will trickle down versus a select few. As p2p, I'd like to see some of the investment remain exclusive.

Guess I'll have to try and search it out.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    I really wish they would give us Leia.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The balance also goes in cycles. We are currently in the heaviest P2W cycle this game has seen since launch (except arguably for the first few weeks when chromium-buyers had a heavy advantage and several hard-to-farm characters had major bugs).
    A few weeks ago there was very little spread between whales and krill. There were F2P droid teams tearing up my launch week leaderboard. A bit later it got even more balanced. I am a dolphin and was competing for and holding top 5 positions daily. That is much more difficult to do now.
    It will change again. This too is part of the overall strategy to keep people p[l]aying.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    My 6* 50/100 Clone Sergeant really expects to see Rex released in the near future.
    Please don't disappoint him EA.
    1 Rex shard = 1 prayer
    Spread the word
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I have no regrets about unlocking Rex and Tuskan Shaman and bringing the latter to four stars because I want to create some Clone synergy in the future and I'm working on some Tuskan synergy now (I even unlocked... that other Tuskan because I love basics with stuns. I know he's generally considered useless, but still).

Sadly, I'll have to pass up on Wedge as I just don't have the disposable income and I've decided to halt my spending on this game. My free slot on my upcoming rebel team is reserved for HRS anyway, though I won't lie, Wedge is an attractive option.

Personally, I'll never take it badly if the two Aurodiums I've practically paid for become farmable. I'd welcome the chance to promote them.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

People seriously think bugged characters will always be bugged?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    I highly doubt it. I mean they gotta always make atleast 1 character from each class unfarmable