Duku

Am I the only one seeing duku getting 3-5 turns for every one of mine? I get that he has a *chance* for a counter strike or bonus attack, but getting both EVERY time? Is this happening to others or just me. (Also seeing buffs,dodges,and other benefits happening way too often for opponents)

Replies

• Baggodix wrote: »
    Am I the only one seeing duku getting 3-5 turns for every one of mine? I get that he has a *chance* for a counter strike or bonus attack, but getting both EVERY time? Is this happening to others or just me. (Also seeing buffs,dodges,and other benefits happening way too often for opponents)

It definitely felt to me like the AI got a buff in proc rate with the last update but I don't have the numbers to prove it so it's only anecdotal.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    He has 100% counter chance and the fastest turn meter in the game. Its hiw hes made. Since hes so weak, squishy, worthless in general lol. His counter ability, fast turn meter, and decent stun make him overall a decent toon (yes just decent as in mediocre)

Dooku is so simple to beat its rediculous. Ppl use him cause hes built to waste time, hes user friendly and kinda ifiot proof in that there aint much strategy in him. He fits well into most teams.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Now he does have a chance to atk 2x also. Thats what your seeing. Its not that he gets 4x atks per your 1 turn.

He is basically hitting his dbl counter on ur turn then landing his dbl atk on his turn.

Thats all. Its pretty standard for him.
  • He has a chance to gain extra turn meter every time he counters/bonus attacks.
  • Abyss wrote: »
    Now he does have a chance to atk 2x also. Thats what your seeing. Its not that he gets 4x atks per your 1 turn.

He is basically hitting his dbl counter on ur turn then landing his dbl atk on his turn.

Literally created my account to respond. Now I'm not saying he is too much to handle, but with badluck he can be very ridiculous.

I lost an arena match to him in a 3v1 situation just today. I had lum, sid, and a half life talia. Talia had to take her turn and couldn't heal to avoid a bogus counter attack... attacked with talia taking some 1k hp. He counters and props bonus. Kills her. Now his turn. Shocked lum (~3k damage) procing stun on both lum and sid. Great both miss their turns. Now he just hits lum for a crit with a bonus attack... she's dead.

I go from obvious advantage to an even playing field of 1v1 of sid vs dooku. And I lose.

Sometimes with poor luck he can seem a bit unfair. All and all he's fine i think, just annoying at times. The thing that bugs most is his initial attack procing a double stun.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    J_Kru wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

Literally created my account to respond. Now I'm not saying he is too much to handle, but with badluck he can be very ridiculous.

I lost an arena match to him in a 3v1 situation just today. I had lum, sid, and a half life talia. Talia had to take her turn and couldn't heal to avoid a bogus counter attack... attacked with talia taking some 1k hp. He counters and props bonus. Kills her. Now his turn. Shocked lum (~3k damage) procing stun on both lum and sid. Great both miss their turns. Now he just hits lum for a crit with a bonus attack... she's dead.

I go from obvious advantage to an even playing field of 1v1 of sid vs dooku. And I lose.

Sometimes with poor luck he can seem a bit unfair. All and all he's fine i think, just annoying at times. The thing that bugs most is his initial attack procing a double stun.

Glad i could make someone create an acct haha but seriously yea, all can be excessivly annoying in their own way under their own certain circumstances for sure.

I think in general with good ol' ****, ppl struggle becaus ethey just dont know how to handle him or have toons that are an effective counter or effective at handling him.

My issue is when ppl ar enot prepaired to handle him and cry OP (not at all sayin thats happening here).

Is dooku unique? Yes
    Is he a great starter toon? Definatly
    Is he viable at endgame? Potentially
    Can he be a bear to contain? Certainly
    But is he OP? Not even close.

For him to even be considered one of the better toons in game he would need a serious buff in some way imo. Hes just setup like a glass cannon that cant hit hard enough to be a bother so hes an extreme liability imo. Hes one of my fav toons for my opponets to use. I see him and an feel instant advantage.

I will note however that like all toons he has his strengts (his lightning hits hard an he has a solid stun) and some nice synergys. I keep him lvl'd and max gear'd and do use him even in arena on occasion depending on the team i feel like running that day.

Dooki is one of the most fun to use too i think. So he def has his place on my team, just dont see alot of action due to so many better options out there
  • So many Dooku threads. He isn't that hard to fight at higher levels as your team will easily out star him and so many heroes can almost one shot him and others actually do one shot him.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Agreed dan, i think mostly as i said that ppl are tryin to get him nerf'd is all. They dont have what they need to deal with him and rather then work at it an expand theor options they want the easy fix.

This thread so far i feel is semi-productive tho and not a "OP cry fest" like most of em haha
  • If Dooku had say 25%+ health he could be OP. As it stands he is way too easy to kill. I have to pull him when I go against the full 7* teams in GW as he will die or take too many focused heals in the first two rounds. And that's maxed gear and 4* (5* in about a week or so)

I just swap in a stun character for him. He is great against the lower teams but can't keep up against the 7*. Once people see how he does then, people will cry foul asking for a buff on him lol.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    If Dooku had say 25%+ health he could be OP. As it stands he is way too easy to kill. I have to pull him when I go against the full 7* teams in GW as he will die or take too many focused heals in the first two rounds. And that's maxed gear and 4* (5* in about a week or so)

I just swap in a stun character for him. He is great against the lower teams but can't keep up against the 7*. Once people see how he does then, people will cry foul asking for a buff on him lol.

Agreed haha, i think a buff is a far more valid argument then a nerf when it come to dooku. His durability is his achilies for sure. Tough to counter alot an be effective when you get 1 or 2 shotted hahahaha
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Once you able to complete GW, you'll realize Dooku is only good at one thing and thats beating a newbie team.
  • Should i get him to a 4 star just got him unlocked about a week ago, but its taking too long i havent even used him other then in challenges that need a support character. And have been farming him thoroughly since the start of november

All my other characters are 4 star getting close to five, is it better to just give up on him and work on fives instead since his shards are more easily obtainable?
  • Dooku will always have a place and I still use my 4* Dooku alongside 6 and 7 star heroes and he does okay. I just haven't found his replacement yet with all of his control and utility. His damage is a secondary feature and he's pretty squishy though.

Just make sure to max his gear and his abilities and he will hold on for a long time. 90% of the healers are Jedi and his stun/ability block comes in handy even if he dies after he gets a couple out.
  • I found a new love with Dooku, pairing him with Poogle ;D all those buffed counters.
  • From what I've experienced, Dooku is garbage to have as an ally. However, under AI control on defense, his Proc Rate, as well as all AI characters, seem rather high. I've never seen an ally Dooku perform as well as the AI versions. Maybe his niche is being the AFK King.