What is with some of these item stats?

Something that's been bugging me is the stats on certain high level items....

Like how a purple item that you need 20 shards for and can't use til lvl 48 only gives +10 to all three main stats when a blue item that can be equipped at lvl 35 gives +25 to all three stats with far less material.

Or how an item that can't be obtained until the last node in light side stage 5 is a mark 7 item but only gives +5 physical damage...

Seems bugged or completely arbitrarily done with no real logic behind the game makers programming.

Replies

• Options
    This is seen throughout most games. Upgrades get worse, prices get higher. The reasons are...

1. Newer players are less likely to spend money then a veterans.
    2. The longer it takes to level up your team the longer devoted players will play the more money they'll get.

The goal for EA is to make a enjoyable game you want to spend money on. Doing things such as this make them more money, yes it will make some people quit. But it's more beneficial for them then anything else.
  • Options
    Or the one that requires 20 and gives you 5% tenacity lol. Thankfully there is at least 1 slot in each tier that gives a lot of bonuses.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Well, when you improve the gear level, the stats from the gear becomes permanent. So the higher gear is like buying an $800 gpu upgrade for your computer, and not like buying a new computer.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Or the one that requires 20 and gives you 5% tenacity lol. Thankfully there is at least 1 slot in each tier that gives a lot of bonuses.

I think it adds 5% tenacity, if so thats a pretty strong bonus. As long as its not like five percent OF say 15% or whatever im good with it
  • Options
    Cleaner wrote: »

I think it adds 5% tenacity, if so thats a pretty strong bonus. As long as its not like five percent OF say 15% or whatever im good with it

Usually in these games it's a flat addition. So +5% to 15% gives 20% total.
  • Options
    I like the system. It means I can gear up to gear 4-5 and have a fairly usable character. I can then grind more to eek out a few more stats. It closes the gear gap so you don't have to keep a gear 5 on the bench because it's worthless till you get to 7. You can still play that gear 5 with good results until you can finish it. For example, would you rather have a character has 100 health at gear 1, 400 at gear 5 and 700 at gear 7, or a character that has 100 health at gear 1, 600 at gear 5 and 700 at gear 7? The end result is the same, but at mid gear, you still have a usable character in option 2.