Mace Windu...

Prev1
So is he good and how should i build my team around him, any ideas?

Replies

• Options
    I like him his special is good for breaking taunts and stuff
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    He isnt good, dont build a team around him.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    He is a good 2nd or 3rd tier team player. He probably should not be your primary team unless you do not have anyone better.
  • Options
    I quite like him. He does decent damage, his debuff attack is a lifesaver when coming up against a team with Stormtrooper Han to keep from falling into that trap. He's farmable in cantina battles, slowly but surely. His leader ability and his passive are pretty terrible though, I haven't bothered levelling them up. I have him 4* gear 6 level 54 and use him in my main team
  • Options
    Pros: Can do alot of damage
    can remove buffs
    Tanky

Cons: SLOOOOOWWW
    needs defense buff up to maximize damage
    SLOOOWWWW

If you use him, you gotta build your team to maxmize his abilities and leadership. Would be hard to use him with no synergy. so i guess it really depends on what you have available to use. a 7* mace would do better than a 3* tie pilot.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Mace is good as a B Team hero only. His damage is meh, his ability only strips one buff, and it's often resisted. If he's on your team in arena it will basically be 4v5 on defense and not much better on offense.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    can remove buffs
    Tanky

SLOOOWWWW

If you use him, you gotta build your team to maxmize his abilities and leadership. Would be hard to use him with no synergy. so i guess it really depends on what you have available to use. a 7* mace would do better than a 3* tie pilot.

Thats kinda an inaccurate assessment lol ...........
    Mace cant "do alot of damage" lol he hits like a girl (he is a tank so its to be expected i guess)

On that note* hes a tank yet has............
    1) No taunt
    2) Subpar health
    3) Crud for damage
    4) His buff removal is one of the most unreliable abilitys in the game
    5) slow turn meter

Pros......
    Yea he is just terrible so nothing comes to mind sorry lol

I would easily argue him as one of the most worthless toons in the gane and easily the too in most despirate need of a MASSIVE buff or realistically a complete retooling/redesign from the ground up
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    So is he good and how should i build my team around him, any ideas?

Run away
    Hide
    Pray he never gets unlocked or made available for you to use on your team

That is the very best possible advice you will EVER get about mace windu (which is severly sad because mace was one of thebgreatest jedi ever yet in this game, ewoks and tusken raiders are far superior smh. Its an absolute travesty that needs remedy'd ASAP)
  • Enterprise4691
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    With Ima-Gun Di, Mace could gain the defense buff to support his first skill.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

That does not negate the fact (yes its a definate fact) that he is arguably the worst toon in the game.

No ammount of buffs can salavage him sinply cause you'd be buffing the worst player in the game lol. Simple solution, just pick ANY other character and your doing better then you would be using Mace. Sadly hes that bad. He should be one of the best but hes not even ine of the worst lol he is the worst hahahahaha
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Ima grants defense up as is. There is literally no reason to use Mace on any team for any reason other than you just absolutely have no other good choice.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Ima grants defense up as is. There is literally no reason to use Mace on any team for any reason other than you just absolutely have no other good choice.

Finally someone who gets it
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    He isnt good, dont build a team around him.

Apologies, someone else gets it too :)
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    can remove buffs
    Tanky

SLOOOWWWW

Mace cant "do alot of damage" lol he hits like a girl (he is a tank so its to be expected i guess)

1) No taunt
    2) Subpar health
    3) Crud for damage
    5) slow turn meter

Pros......

I would easily argue him as one of the most worthless toons in the gane and easily the too in most despirate need of a MASSIVE buff or realistically a complete retooling/redesign from the ground up

You can buff him to do +145% damage
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    can remove buffs
    Tanky

SLOOOWWWW

1) No taunt
    2) Subpar health
    3) Crud for damage
    5) slow turn meter

Pros......

That's still meh. You'll be going out of your way to buff his damage to be on par with the base of attackers who also have better utility. His unique and leadership abilities suck on top of it.
  • Options

Ima gun is best used as leader for his skill. Aayla and fisto are tailor made for this leader ability and work better than anyone else in this line up. The other 2 spots you would want healers, JC and lumi. You want the healers as this is a anti AoE form.

Fisto and qgj are the 2 Jedi that can fit into just about any line up. Fisto has a ton of health and hits hard. Qgj is one of the fastest characters in game, hits hard, specials have fast CD, and he has a special to remove all buffs, not just 1.

Mace brings nothing to compete with the ones mentioned.

If this is about f2p only. I would stick with jawa over mace. Atleast jawa AoE does damage.
  • Options
    Well my 5* Mace is doing great in Arena and PvE, so whatevs to you guys =P

No regrets here!
  • Options
    Mace windu has terrible damage even with defence up, terrible defence, terribly useless skills and is very slow. His only value is his hp which is still average at best for a tank. I would literally take any other tank/support over him.

In making mace windu the developers literally took a giant dump and named it after the most powerful warrior currently in the game.

In short: don't use him, Ever.
  • Options
    I used him until lv 45 or so because I doesn't have anything better but he did what I needed him to but now I'm lv 59 and only use him in some challenges
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Bigboy2004 wrote: »
    I used him until lv 45 or so because I doesn't have anything better but he did what I needed him to but now I'm lv 59 and only use him in some challenges

Exactly

Even a toona s worthless as mace has a place but better options are literally everywhere, just get one and bench him. You wont regret it
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    comandaben wrote: »
    Well my 5* Mace is doing great in Arena and PvE, so whatevs to you guys =P

No regrets here!

I guarantee you that no matter what toons are currently unlocked on your bench, you have well over 10+ that easily out class mace. You use him cause hes geared an they arent. Thats all. Its not that he does good for you, its that you just have yet to gear/lvl anyone stronger then what your mace currently is.

To recap, mace aint doing well for you, hes hurting your team lol hes just your current best option otherwise you'd have ditched him long ago.

My advice is to click characters, close your eyes, point to a random one thats not lvl'd or geared yet and start working on it. Whatever it is, it will out lass Mace with minimal effort (which again is sad because mace was one of the most powerful jedi ever and tgis game does him no justice at all)
  • Options
    can remove buffs
    Tanky

SLOOOWWWW

1) No taunt
    2) Subpar health
    3) Crud for damage
    5) slow turn meter

Pros......

That's still meh. You'll be going out of your way to buff his damage to be on par with the base of attackers who also have better utility. His unique and leadership abilities suck on top of it.

Well thats the thing, hes not an attacker, hes a tank. If they increased his base damage too much his damage potential would be too high along with his survivability and then he would be the new FOTM. You cant compare a tank's damage to something like a leia or FOTP. Also people seem to neglict him bringing 20% offense and 9% crit to a jedi team. He's just hard to build a team around especially with the speed meta.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    can remove buffs
    Tanky

SLOOOWWWW

1) No taunt
    2) Subpar health
    3) Crud for damage
    5) slow turn meter

Pros......

Well thats the thing, hes not an attacker, hes a tank. If they increased his base damage too much his damage potential would be too high along with his survivability and then he would be the new FOTM. You cant compare a tank's damage to something like a leia or FOTP. Also people seem to neglict him bringing 20% offense and 9% crit to a jedi team. He's just hard to build a team around especially with the speed meta.

Jedi teams are terrible in pvp. They have the most hard counters. His being a tank is a mislabel or cruel joke, which is the point of comparing him to an attacker. He has none of the aspects that define a tank in the gaming world. Even with his defense up buff he's laughably squishy.

My Poe and Finn are 6 actual levels, 3 gear levels, and 2 ability levels below my Mace. They have better DPS, better utility, and sadly the difference in hp isn't enough to make a difference. If I were to put them on par power wise, Mace would get wrecked across the board.

I applaud your defense of Mace. But he's awful.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I thought this was legit, but I'm starting to think this is a troll. But I'll bite one more time.

Mace has a good leader ability. You know who else has good Jedi leader abilities?

Qgj speed
    Barriss health buff and heal each turn. Not just jedis either
    Lumi Eva buff and heal each turn. Not just jedis either.
    Ima gun counter attack.

All 4 leader abilities are better than mace. Take out ima gun, and them are most of the leaders you see in all PvP brackets

Trust me. I would love for mace to be better. Even be the first anti sith character. But in truth he is about the worst.
  • Options
    can remove buffs
    Tanky

SLOOOWWWW

1) No taunt
    2) Subpar health
    3) Crud for damage
    5) slow turn meter

Pros......

And here you have just stumbled onto the second part of mace windu's downfall... He shouldn't be a tank, he isn't anything like a tank in the lore so why is he one in this game? He is the most legendary swordsman in the jedi order and yet he barely scratches anything with his attacks. Windu has supporting abilities that makes no sense for a tank such as an 'on death buff' even though he is ALWAYS the last to die due to his hp and barriss like damage, meaning people leave him to last anyway because he's never a threat.
  • Options
    Hey hey be nice he has ONE AND ONLY ONE use. To sub in a weak hitter who can take a few hits in GW during mop up to help reset your cooldowns on your actual useful toons.
  • Options
    Mace really should be a light side Darth Maul, as he stands he is more like Darth FuzzyBunnySlippers. :/

I will say his lightsaber has a very cool color!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Mace really should be a light side Darth Maul, as he stands he is more like Darth FuzzyBunnySlippers. :/

I will say his lightsaber has a very cool color!

Yea Gotta toss credit where its due an he does have one of the coolest sabers period. Now if only the devs wouod pay attention to us and fix him so he can finally do that bada$$ saber some well deserved justice hahaha
  • Options
    In the movies, he kill famous hunter junko fett without a sweat, beat sid sideous without any injury, a strongest swordman in the jedi council. A legendary jedi master who leads other hundreads jedi to wars.

In this game, i smiled whenever i saw him in the other teams. His damage is so low, he is slow and his skill is so meh, his repel is always being resisted.
    Even ewok scout or snow trooper can do more harm than him.

I have a theory that maybe in the beginning the devs had made him too strong just like the windu in the challenge but he is too op so they reworked and nerfed him down to such an absolutely useless character.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Why does everyone think he actually beat Palpatine in ROTS? Palpatine purposely lost to Mace because he was 10 steps ahead of the Jedi at that point. He knew the appearance of his imminent death combined with Anakin's visions of Padme's death and the promise to teach him to prevent death would push Anakin over the edge.

The movie makes it pretty obvious and the novelization of the movie makes it blatantly clear. The book even makes it clear that Yoda was no match for Palpatine by the end.

As far as the game goes....Mace sucks. I only use him in the tank challenge.