Nerf this, nerf that

Prev13
CronozNL
2869 posts Member
Can we stop crying for nerfs again?
Why do people want to nerf characters they don't have or can't beat in Arena?
Don't you think about your guildmates and your raids or is everything around here Pv(AI) related?
The nerfcries are and have always been Arena related.
Every meta has the same nerfcries where people fight whales at gear lvl 10, come here and complain about how hard it is to beat.
Is this even being taken seriously? I also encounter gear lvl 10 toons which practically defeat all my toons 1v1.
Do I need to make a nerf topic for each of these toons that outperform my own?

Otherwise we can go back to 1990 and have it pokemon style where there are 2 attacks to chose from and some are supereffective against others. Generic dmg of 5k on each toons as max.
439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting

Replies

• PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    Ban Nerfing Period .....
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Makes their day better if they cry for nerfs. They forget arena is only one part of this game. For some, it is everything.

There is disparity tho between gear levels. And because of that disparity, people are asking for nerfs. MK5 furnaces need to be cheaper and so does all the gear in there. That way the f2p will get them faster and will have a chance to close the gap between power levels. Also the gear disparity is not really fair in raids either. Or in GW. Lol
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Don't you think about your guildmates and your raids or is everything around here Pv(AI) related?
    Every meta has the same nerfcries where people fight whales at gear lvl 10, come here and complain about how hard it is to beat.
    Is this even being taken seriously? I also encounter gear lvl 10 toons which practically defeat all my toons 1v1.

Otherwise we can go back to 1990 and have it pokemon style where there are 2 attacks to chose from and some are supereffective against others. Generic dmg of 5k on each toons as max.

Well said. When you're up against a toon that is two or three gear levels above yours, expect to be smashed the same way your G7 toon would smash a G4. It's pretty basic stuff.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    I wanna nerf my girlfriends mouth... It's too brutal.
  • Back to 1990 sounds great! ;)
    I agree on that ppl shouldnt cry for nerfs even more so if they compare their under*/geared toon to opposing maxed toon its just foolish, patience we should all get to current cap and max our toons and then look if there really are some broken ones, now we cant really tell, cant we? :)
  • dtmike1 wrote: »
    I wanna nerf my girlfriends mouth... It's too brutal.

Dude... Dude... Dude... No nerfbat will ever be able to stop that. Sorry to say, but "GF" right now is the strongest toon in this game... So OP that it even carries over to RL! Sorry bud, you invested in that toon... You'll have to deal with the consequences! ;)
    CronozNL wrote: »

The question the Devs should be asking right now is:
    1) what lvl is the player asking for the nerf?
    2) what are the reasons behind calling for said nerf? Numerical points/bullet points should be the only way a nerf cry can/should be accepted!
    3) what is the lvl difference between the players, as well as gear?
    4) can the points be argued? Once again in bullet points/numerical points.
    5) only if a strong enough case can be set forth... Only then can a nerf be considered!

Cause these "I can't beat this team, it must be op" comments are getting out of hand & to the point where useful, RL money invested, 3 month grinding hard node units are getting beat to doodles because some id10ts don't have the mental capacity to get past them.

I think it's only but the right way to go about it!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    @ThewhiteonE
    Exactly, giving valid points and having a reasonable discussion about a character is more constructive than:

- RG & Rey are OP cause I got smashed by them in Arena

Typical reply:
    - L2P

The people asking for nerfs on RG and Rey (e.g.), do they know it will affect the raids also? Since T6 already takes a day or 4, more nerfs will increase it.

Also Rey gets +15% dmg on both specials with omega mats and at gear lvl 10 that's a lot of dmg. After the nerf, the specials bring the dmg to her old self before she got "nerfed" already dmg wise.

Just an example, same goes for RG. He is a stable factor for many people their raids. Nerfing toons doesn't only affect Arena anymore, it affects more aspects of this game.

Nerfing Rey, RG, GS, Leia and even Fives (those are the ones I found in here), will mean everyone has to go Ewoks if they wanna min/max raids.
    Heck I even saw a nerf Ackbar post because someone had troubles in Arena beating it. Ackbar is tier 1 raid wise. He is good for Arena but not T1 in example. Nerfing him will affect the raid more than the Arena.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    I thought some characters deserved nerfs, but after reading your post, I realize that I was wrong all along. I would like to apologize for all I said previously.

You're right. We shouldn't be allowed to call for nerfs.

I'm sorry for all the complaints I made. I'm just going to shrug it off, and enjoy my 10-characters meta.

After all, why would we try to make the game diverse? It's much better to all have the same characters. Actually, I think we should even limit the game to the meta toons, so people don't waste resources on useless characters. It's for the greater good after all.

We should also remove arena! Right now, it only causes problems. Let's make this game PvE exclusive, that way, there won't be any people complaining!

I agree with all of you! Change is scary, and it has been proven, change never brings anything good.
    A static environment where things are always the same is much better. Yay!

Let's make fun of people circlejerking! They all ask for nerfs, haha those newbs should learn to play! We, the people who know better and have all the current meta toons, know better!

This is so much fun to face the same arena teams every single fight, there's no surprise, no excitement, it's just a RNG show! I'm so glad I don't have to put any thought into this game haha. Imagine if we had to create different strategies and adjust our teams to actually beat different opponents! Looooooool dude, that'd be so boring.

Thanks for opening my eyes dude! You really put things into perspective!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @Sikho I think you are under-estimating some characters and i am 100% sure you don't know what the meta is at level 80 for gear 10!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Sikho wrote: »
    I thought some characters deserved nerfs, but after reading your post, I realize that I was wrong all along. I would like to apologize for all I said previously.

I'm sorry for all the complaints I made. I'm just going to shrug it off, and enjoy my 10-characters meta.

After all, why would we try to make the game diverse? It's much better to all have the same characters. Actually, I think we should even limit the game to the meta toons, so people don't waste resources on useless characters. It's for the greater good after all.

We should also remove arena! Right now, it only causes problems. Let's make this game PvE exclusive, that way, there won't be any people complaining!

I agree with all of you! Change is scary, and it has been proven, change never brings anything good.

Let's make fun of people circlejerking! They all ask for nerfs, haha those newbs should learn to play! We, the people who know better and have all the current meta toons, know better!

This is so much fun to face the same arena teams every single fight, there's no surprise, no excitement, it's just a RNG show! I'm so glad I don't have to put any thought into this game haha. Imagine if we had to create different strategies and adjust our teams to actually beat different opponents! Looooooool dude, that'd be so boring.

the correct term is "circlewhining" but thanks for adopting it :) Also thanks for the apology, i'm sure you ment well at the time, but it is a good thing you now understand how it works.

Every change made in the game was accompanied with a large amount of complaint threads. So if you look at it like that, you are probably right change is scary and never brings anything good. The game is far from a static environment btw. The meta shifts with and without ea/gc intervening.

Nerfing toons will make other toons the best toons to use (wich will need a nerf eventually, circlewhining) Basically creating a new meta with OP toons but also giving a big f u to the players who grinded out the toons that get nerfed in the process.

The assumption that nerfing the best toons in the game gives more diversity and room for strategy is just plain wrong. Finding a way to overcome the "OP" toons is what i would like to call strategy. You actually chose the words current meta. That on its own shows that the game is evolving, and the meta never stays the same. Now a days in the arena offence has quite a large advantage over the AI. This means you can bring alot of different toons into a battle and still be able to beat the meta teams. The lack of diversity is due to the fact that people tent to invest in a sure thing toon instead of gearing up odd ball choices. Quit asking for nerfs, gear up unusual toons and wreck meta teams !

The problems with rey gear10 is a perfect example. She is one of the best toons, so obviously you try to gear her instead of some mediocre toon. Now she is geared up to 10 and beats the living s out of everyone. But does she need a nerf ? or will eventually even out when all the other toons are also gear10 ? @ThewhiteonE made some good points on determining how valid a nerf request is, maybe ppl should consider those before asking for nerfs.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    I cause too much damage to pig boss and the rancor... Nerf me.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

The meta shifts with and without ea/gc intervening.

Yeah you're right I mean look at all the meta shifts!
    End of healing meta = Nerf of Barris and buff of Sidious
    End of Poe meta = Nerf of Poe and change of the speed system
    End of the speed meta = Addition of protection and nerfs to fastest characters
    End of the evasion meta = Lol they didn't make any change so it's still here
    End of taunt/dispell meta = Lol they didn't make any change so it's still here

As you can see your statement is true, the meta can change without EA, and the best thing is that you provide facts alongside your claims, so keep going that way champ, you're doing it right!

You're also right about Rey, I mean look at that:
    http://swgoh.gg/abilities/

She only has the first and third best damaging abilities, how dare they make her so useless, she needs to have more damage on top of the best speed in the game and amazing durability because of foresight.
    She's not even tier 4 at the moment, it's obvious a lot of toons are better than her.

Once again thank you so much for bringing up facts and statistical analysis to your points, it really shows that you thought that through and that you're not just spouting nonsense.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The no1 reason you are not seeing diversity is because it takes 3.5 mill credits to get a character from 1-76 and because it takes a really long time to acquire a character! You think if i would have all characters i would run QGJ? Funny!

Again look at Rey's health + fortitude and compare it to gear 10 Ct 5s for instance. Is it less than half or am i seeing things? When all characters will be gear 10, Rey at gear 10 will have the same effect against them as Rey at gear 8 did.

The problem is that no amount of rational would convince you out of your pointless nerf campaign you got into, so i am going to stop here.
  • WayoftheGods
    138 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Nerf Herder?
  • KingKen
    362 posts Member
    +1 CronozNL
    Requiem Leader
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    Again look at Rey's health + fortitude and compare it to gear 10 Ct 5s for instance. Is it less than half or am i seeing things? When all characters will be gear 10, Rey at gear 10 will have the same effect against them as Rey at gear 8 did.

Why are you comparing a glass canon to a tank exactly?
    Rey is the best damage dealer, period. Who the heck cares if she has less hp than Fives?

I'm going to use a metaphor so you understand:

There's a peach, two times bigger than all the other peaches.
    I'm saying "Hey, this peach is way than all the other peaches! There must be some GMO involved"
    And you come to me, all excited, and yell:

"BUT THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE, LOOK, IT'S STILL SMALLER THAN A WATERMELON!!!" with this smile of contempt you have when you think you're right and the other is wrong.

Do you realize how absurd you sound?

Well the peach here is Rey, and the watermelon is Fives. You're comparing what cannot be compared.

But once again, most of your comments are irrelevant and pointless, so I don't know what I'm expecting.

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    I see you edited your post to add this:
    The problem is that no amount of rational would convince you out of your pointless nerf campaign you got into, so i am going to stop here.

Though I understand your frustration, I'm sorry to say that you failed to bring up any rational point in this debate. I mean I showed you that Rey simply is the best glass canon, and backed it up with lvl 80 Omega gear 10 stats.
    You only compared her hp to a tank...
    And that's it. You're not making any sense...
    This is ironic, but also kinda sad. Do you even realize you're not making sense?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

As you can see your statement is true, the meta can change without EA, and the best thing is that you provide facts alongside your claims, so keep going that way champ, you're doing it right!

She only has the first and third best damaging abilities, how dare they make her so useless, she needs to have more damage on top of the best speed in the game and amazing durability because of foresight.
    She's not even tier 4 at the moment, it's obvious a lot of toons are better than her.

Once again thank you so much for bringing up facts and statistical analysis to your points, it really shows that you thought that through and that you're not just spouting nonsense.

with and without
    Stating facts about nerfs by ea/gc that caused or didnt cause meta changes doesnt proof that the meta doesnt shift without ea/gc intervening. If you dont understand that the game will evolve even without ea/gc intervening i feel sorry for you.

and what are you talking about with rey ? yea she is good, i allready said that. your point being ?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I see you edited your post to add this:

Though I understand your frustration, I'm sorry to say that you failed to bring up any rational point in this debate. I mean I showed you that Rey simply is the best glass canon, and backed it up with lvl 80 Omega gear 10 stats.
    You only compared her hp to a tank...
    And that's it. You're not making any sense...
    This is ironic, but also kinda sad. Do you even realize you're not making sense?

captain obvious over here. Yea she is the hardest hitting character in the game, nobody ever said she wasnt.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @Sikho Is your avatar a selfie? Leia is a better attacker than Rey at least for defense, but i think overall. FOTP and GS are decent and i feel a wave of 'nerf' is coming once GS gets leveled up to 79. Rey may be one of the best attackers...so what? She is balanced if you compare her to what i suspect will always beat her in offense (her counters), CT 5s and co. Oh wait...i forgot you want to nerf people not because you cannot beat them, but because you think you are seeing them everywhere. Much sense that makes 'Sikho the nerf guy'! That will be your name from now on.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    And make no mistake, pre-fortitude i was one of the biggest believers that Rey and Leia should be nerfed. After fortitude and with the addition of this gear, i changed my mind. Because unlike you, i can do that. I listen to reason.

You are asking for nerfs not because you don't beat those guys but because you don't like to see them. Who are you to tell me what i can and cannot run? If i want to run QGJ and you can beat him I DO NOT CARE that you don't like him! Same goes for Rey and for anybody you will ever mention in your pathetic nerf atttempts from now on!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    You even cut the most important part out of my post when you quoted me. That was the main reason you are seeing the same characters. Because people read on forums, they get informed about how much it costs to get something up to level 80 and then they farm those characters! If it would cost less, it would be better. And i am sorry...but the level of diversity post fortitude is much much higher than before. Dooku lead 18/20 was not my idea of diversity. Now i see Phasma, Poggle, Luminara etc. Not to mention the different team comps. So you make no sense no matter how much i want to listen to you!
  • PardeyGirL wrote: »
    Ban Nerfing Period .....
    PardeyGirL wrote: »
    Ban Nerfing Period .....

Needed repeating

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member

with and without
    Stating facts about nerfs by ea/gc that caused or didnt cause meta changes doesnt proof that the meta doesnt shift without ea/gc intervening. If you dont understand that the game will evolve even without ea/gc intervening i feel sorry for you.

It has always happened like that. Why would it change now? They even made the grind heavier, this will only enforce a static meta. The only way it changes is through wide game changes. I don't really understand what you mean. The game doesn't evolve without EA/CG. We evolve our rosters, but that's not the same thing as the
    game.
    I guess you meant the meta? Maybe on the very long term (we're talking months here), but even then, it's not very likely. As it was proven in the past.

and what are you talking about with rey ? yea she is good, i allready said that. your point being ?

The problems with rey gear10 is a perfect example. She is one of the best toons, so obviously you try to gear her instead of some mediocre toon. Now she is geared up to 10 and beats the living s out of everyone. But does she need a nerf ? or will eventually even out when all the other toons are also gear10 ? @ThewhiteonE made some good points on determining how valid a nerf request is, maybe ppl should consider those before asking for nerfs.

Just answering your previous questions.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    @Sikho
    And you don't think that nerfing dmg on 1 character will cause other characters to take over? This is an endless cycle and eventually we will end up with all dmg dealers nerfed.

Then tanks come to mind because they survive better and deal more dmg compared to dps.

Why not make other characters more viable by boosting them. Nerfing characters from the meta will only pop up a new meta in which you will come here and complain about and I already know who is next in line: Old Ben.

You also know that Leia is a chromium exclusive and Rey is farmable for everyone. Taking away both will upset both F2P and especially big spenders. Leia is the only exclusive viable toon for them atm. So you nerf Rey and make Leia queen of the hill for high spenders only. What is the result? People scream to nerf Leia after because they can't outdps her.

The most weird part about all these nerf cryers is that they only look at dmg. The ones wanting nerfs on GS or Rey have 0 gamesense and don't know other toons that work well with them, are the reason they are able to deal dmg.

Take rey i.e. She needs 3 turns on defense before she can use her special. 9 out of 10 times, AI will spam the skill without any buffs up = less dmg.
    I really don't see the problem in the current meta. Once more toons become viable, meta will shift like Old Ben replacing Dooku.
    I'm suprised to read only nerf Rey, GS or Leia topics where Old Ben is the one with amazing hp, special and leadership. Why do dps always get the blame?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It has always happened like that. Why would it change now? They even made the grind heavier, this will only enforce a static meta. The only way it changes is through wide game changes. I don't really understand what you mean. The game doesn't evolve without EA/CG. We evolve our rosters, but that's not the same thing as the
    game.
    I guess you meant the meta? Maybe on the very long term (we're talking months here), but even then, it's not very likely. As it was proven in the past.

huh? so asking for nerfs, getting them, will actually enforce a static meta ?
    and i still dont get what you are trying to say about rey...
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Dude.. I love the arena, it is the only way for player like me to farm before i get my paycheck at the end of the month and invested a little on this game.. Seriously, without the arena i cannot even do my cantina refreshes everyday, i cannot even do my refreshes for energy to farm gear or toons everyday! Can you please think before you actually speak bruh?

I dont have rey, or RG in my roster.. But for month.. I've been rocking the top 20 chart in my shard (and been in #1 Many times) but i do have a selection of toons that i can work with to deal with the leia, RG, and rey madness in my shard.. And the people in my shard! Is very competetive, and i love them for that, it is what make this game fun! the idea of growing stronger and farming different set of toons to work with in dealing with the competition are what got me into this game..

Seriously bro.. If you are what you say you are, A PRO.. And not a newbie, deal with the arena competition, and not crying about wanting it to be remove in this forum.. I love the arena, you dont go make a stupid request on wanting it to be removed
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    game.

huh? so asking for nerfs, getting them, will actually enforce a static meta ?
    and i still dont get what you are trying to say about rey...

Your point = We don't need nerfs, because the players can make the meta evolve by themselves.

My point = We need nerfs (EA/CG action), because if they don't act, the meta remains static, as proven in the past.

Hope it's clear now.

Dude.. I love the arena, it is the only way for player like me to farm before i get my paycheck at the end of the month and invested a little on this game.. Seriously, without the arena i cannot even do my cantina refreshes everyday, i cannot even do my refreshes for energy to farm gear or toons everyday! Can you please think before you actually speak bruh?

I dont have rey, or RG in my roster.. But for month.. I've been rocking the top 20 chart in my shard (and been in #1 Many times) but i do have a selection of toons that i can work with to deal with the leia, RG, and rey madness in my shard.. And the people in my shard! Is very competetive, and i love them for that, it is what make this game fun! the idea of growing stronger and farming different set of toons to work with in dealing with the competition are what got me into this game..

Seriously bro.. If you are what you say you are, A PRO.. And not a newbie, deal with the arena competition, and not crying about wanting it to be remove in this forum.. I love the arena, you dont go make a stupid request on wanting it to be removed

This was all sarcasm. I did not seriously suggest to remove arena.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Nerf or not, the Devs shouldn't have lied to us when they said they were going to nerf fast, powerful toons.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @Sikho What is the meta Sikho the nerf guy? Enlighten me...what are the best 5 toons in the game? The meta means you can't beat these guys in defense yet they don't have trouble beating you in offense. So what are they?