Some characters are just hard

TACPness
13 posts Member
edited January 2016
Rey... even in the cannon to date there is nothing that should make her hit so stinkin hard as she does. This is rediculous. BTW Darth Maul would have destroyed her, Kylo, and Finn at the same time. I don't like these new characters.
Post edited by Hozilla on

Replies

• Options
    Darth Maul was a trained Sith assassin...even Luke and Obi-Wan would have lost to Maul when they were barely trained padawans.
  • Options
    Darth Maul was a trained Sith assassin...even Luke and Obi-Wan would have lost to Maul when they were barely trained padawans.

Exactly! This is just so stupid! I'm also tired of arena fights starting off with the enemy getting the first hit automatically two or three people. It's insanely **** game design leaving you STARTING at a disadvantage immediately!!!
  • Options
    AI was buffed due to 90% of the people on the forms complaining how easy to is to beat.

Now lower lvls ( I'm guessing your not maxed lvl ) are having issues with the new ai as they don't have the characters to compete GW, and if they are f2p they don't have the characters to win in the top brackets.

Everyone will not be pleased with the ai no mater what they do. Some want a challenge, some want the ai to set there and do nothing. Me? Luckily I have the roster to compete in every aspect in the game.

Side not. Rey is one of the fastest characters in game. Sid, qgj, daka, and leia are also knowen to be fast characters. If these are the characters that are going before you, the are designed to be the first characters to go, which is why so many have them.

And about Rey. She is also one of the hardest characters to get so you shouldn't see many of her.

Using logic about how powerful a character is in a game like this will not work. Besides Rey, tie pilot is one of the hardest hitting characters in game right now.
  • Options
    My point is they don't even try to stick to cannon. Might as well make a Jawa that can one shot a 7*
  • Options
    Your logic makes no sense. If characters in this game were as powerful as in the films then there would be no balance. Sid would slay most teams of 5. How do you think a Jedi counselor would go against Vader? It's a game where all chars can be useful. Except MW for some reason...
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Most stuff I've seen is pretty canon. Skills and description wise. Even sid and Asohka her moves were taken from The Clone Wars show which was amazing. If you're talking about a certain char being stronger than another which makes less sense lorewise, I agree a little bit. In due time things will get changed for better balance.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    TACPness wrote: »
    Rey... even in the cannon to date there is nothing that should make her hit so stinkin hard as she does. This is rediculous. BTW Darth Maul would have destroyed her, Kylo, and Finn at the same time. I don't like these new characters.

Since you can't field a character twice, think of every character as unique even though they are no-names. If you see a Jawa, well that Jawa is 'the very best like no ever was.'

And I think Rey might get tuned down a bit as she is rather uncommon and people are not using to seeing her and hence the lack of feedback on her. People do agree that she hits hard but since she is not as common as Barriss was there's no outcry regarding her, same with Leia tho she needs a bugfix rather than slight tuning.
  • Diego
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do you understand the point of this game or that it is a game? Its not a battle simulation with predictions on what each characters power rating would be based on the movies.

If you want the characters to behave how you think they should write some fan fiction or go back to your action figures.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Vomiting wrote: »
    Your logic makes no sense. If characters in this game were as powerful as in the films then there would be no balance. Sid would slay most teams of 5. How do you think a Jedi counselor would go against Vader? It's a game where all chars can be useful. Except MW for some reason...

Lol true!
  • TACPness
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Diego wrote: »
    Do you understand the point of this game or that it is a game? Its not a battle simulation with predictions on what each characters power rating would be based on the movies.

If you want the characters to behave how you think they should write some fan fiction or go back to your action figures.

This considered clever talk wherever you are from? How bout an ewok that one shots every character? Would you complain then? OR how bout you move along and keep your opinion to yourself eh? I do t force you to read or comment.
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I watched the movie and um !!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!. Rey is an extremely powerful Jedi. She appears to be much more powerful than Luke was almost even after he trained under Yoda. Rey is highly gifted and would wipe her butt with Maul if trained. But guess what, this is a game and you can't just make all the powerful toons in the movie overpower everthing else. Its a "dramatization" of sorts so this argument is invalid. Your argument should just be that maybe it's not a good idea to make all the new toons released overpower and make older toons look worthless... I definitely would agree with that even if the star wars fans who spent time watching the clone wars would disagree with me concerning Maul... Padawan Obi wasted him.. If the game made all toons match thier cannon counterpart Sidious could waste a whole team of Jedi by himself.. Yes he held back with Mace...LOOOL
  • NUTS
    41 posts Member
    Options
    STOP CRYING.....figure out the metrics and play the GAME
  • TACPness
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    NUTS wrote: »
    STOP CRYING.....figure out the metrics and play the GAME

Another awesome quote from an person that should have merely moved on. If time travel ever becomes possible I hope someone goes back in time and hands your dad a condom
  • Options
    I had to laugh at the above post, Rey being powerful? Did you even watch the movie dude? Also a blaster hit to the right place is a one shot kill so you're jawa complaint is foolish along with your desire for characters to have the same strength as they do in the movies/comics. Sidious would destroy over 90% of the characters by himself. Everything is canon, the only thing that would not be canon is a non Jedi using the force etc..
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    My knowledge of the force may not be as steong as most so i need to ask.............

(Plz dont cast me into exhile)

Whats canon? Everyone keeps referencing it but this is the first i have heard it.......
  • Options
    Another word for official.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Mostly used in anime shows where they have canon episodes and e.g. filler episode which has nothing to do with the main story. In the case of star wars, a lot of EU (expanded universe) that got written has been declared non canon so not official addition to the story anymore.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I think Rey was only Gear 1/2 in the movies thats why she looked weak.
  • Options
    Best reply of the year!

Anakin Skywalker should be the most powerful character in game. Conceived by the force and all that.

I hear once he is 7* he stops being such a whiny head case and gets himself together.

Vader should be weaker because.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Arillian wrote: »
    Best reply of the year!

Anakin Skywalker should be the most powerful character in game. Conceived by the force and all that.

I hear once he is 7* he stops being such a whiny head case and gets himself together.

Vader should be weaker because.

I wish they buffed Anakin and Windu, they just seem so mediocre. Of course if Anakin's smite procs it's amazing for the team, but you know it'll rarely if ever proc on defense.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    AI was buffed due to 90% of the people on the forms complaining how easy to is to beat.

Now lower lvls ( I'm guessing your not maxed lvl ) are having issues with the new ai as they don't have the characters to compete GW, and if they are f2p they don't have the characters to win in the top brackets.

Everyone will not be pleased with the ai no mater what they do. Some want a challenge, some want the ai to set there and do nothing. Me? Luckily I have the roster to compete in every aspect in the game.

Side not. Rey is one of the fastest characters in game. Sid, qgj, daka, and leia are also knowen to be fast characters. If these are the characters that are going before you, the are designed to be the first characters to go, which is why so many have them.

And about Rey. She is also one of the hardest characters to get so you shouldn't see many of her.

Using logic about how powerful a character is in a game like this will not work. Besides Rey, tie pilot is one of the hardest hitting characters in game right now.

Luke is pretty hard hitting too!
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • shh_hut_yuh_muh
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    *Post has been removed due to a violation of our terms of service.*
  • TACPness
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    *Post has been removed due to a violation of our terms of service.*
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    It's Friday night/Saturday morning....I do believe people are boozing and cruising the forums.
  • Options
    It's a game. People got angry at the Barriss nerf and want Darth Sidious to wipe out everything in pvp. I don't see people complaining why ewoks are so weak when they took down a stormtrooper army in the movies.

Chill ppl, chill :p
  • Options
    If there was a move that made two trees swing into the enemy...
  • Options
    If there was a move that made two trees swing into the enemy...

That sounds legit