Crate of Crystals Telling me $50 but charging me $80!

I was rather disappointed when i saw this. I thought to myself wow awesome $50 for the crate of crystals as you can see below:

23r8qop.png

But then as i went to pay for it it showed up on my google play that it was 79.99 as shown below:

2vwwvn7.png

Due to it being $30 extra i declined it. I was very disappointed as i really wanted it and felt that it should have been $50 due to it being advertised this way. How do i go about this and how will this be resolved?

Kind regards

Replies

• Options
    Who would i need to speak to in regards to this also ?
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity is your Google Play account Australian?

$79.99 is the price I see for that same bundle and I'm in Australia. Looks like the game is picking up the US pricing for the crystals but when you go to pay it's reverting to the Australian prices.
  • Options
    So Australians are being charged $30 extra for the same bundle when the exchange rate wouldnt even be quarter of that difference.

WOW. What is going on!
  • Options
    Yeah, it sucks but I'm kind of used to being charged extra just because I'm in Australia.

I just refuse to pay it :)
  • Options
    I would definately be sold on paying 50. But 80 :( i feel like because they advertised it to me at 50 then thats the price. You cant just advertise one thing and get google to charge at another at 30 dollars more. Crazy!
  • Options
    Anyone?
  • xsebx
    40 posts Member
    Options
    File a complaint with the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau). They fine companies for this type of bait and switch marketing.
  • Options
    xsebx wrote: »
    File a complaint with the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau). They fine companies for this type of bait and switch marketing.

Yea thats true. I think i might do that and see where i get with it. However i may not if they address this issue and do something about it :) im sure people have read this and gone WTH!

Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    in Canada this bundle is $57.99
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »

But that would be fair though wouldnt it? Due to the exchange rate.
  • Options
    DarthYoda wrote: »
    Fantazy wrote: »

But that would be fair though wouldnt it? Due to the exchange rate.

I guess the display on the phone depends of regional settings? I don't know how Apple/Google stores handle these exchange rate calculations.

The Australian sales price is surprisingly outrageous.

current exchange rate from google finance is
    50 USD = 68 AUD
    50 USD = 69 CAD

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I know so Australians and or other countries are possibly getting charged way too much compared to americans. I call favouritism but not only that i call this unfair.
  • Options
    Do Devs, supports or admins not check these topics?
  • Options
    Its £39.99 in GBR
  • Options
    They check, they just don't care.
  • Dirlyn
    160 posts Member
    Options
    it's due to the exchange rate on the different currencies... they SHOULD state all prices are in US dollars, and that the cost will be exchanged to your countries currency when you purchase.... quite simply... this is false or misleading advertising... but it made sense to me when I made my first purchase that there was a currency exchange happening, and I'm Canadian, and I know how much the exchange will total up to once converted, and it was correct. It's discouraging, but not entirely unfair since you get the option to confirm your purchase before it goes through. A little disclaimer in-game that explains the prices are listed as US dollars, and it'll be fine.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.