About that Mk5 Furnace in my shipments

Powda
525 posts Member
So... Mk5 Furnace finally hita my shipments and I almost bought it, but I stopped... It's going to cost me about $16 CDN for the crystals needed for a furnace.

The problem isn't paying the $16 for a furnace. I wouldn't mind it for this character... It's the other TEN that I need after this one.

I'm so spiteful towards EA/CG for making furnaces so difficult to acquire and making me require *SO MANY* of them that now I don't wanna give you my money.

I can't be alone here... What would it take to sway EA's opinion on this? I'd HAPPILY spend money of I felt like I was getting a better value for it.

Replies

• Options
    Spenders going on strike is the only way to change it.

But that won't happen, so don't bother.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Powda wrote: »
    What would it take to sway EA's opinion on this?

There is absolutely no way to sway their opinion this. The gear/guild update was probably the cheapest, nastiest, and most shameless targeting of a player base I've seen by a software company. The game model is now officially 'pay or stagnate'.
    But to be fair, we all knew how EA rolls. We all knew what we were signing on for when we picked this game up. No point acting shocked I suppose.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Spenders going on strike is the only way to change it.
    I have not spent since the update. I don't like the price on the gear. I am hoping something changes by the time I groom several alternate toons. If I save enough crystals for just one furnace, I'll buy just one furnace. No problem. Do I still need 10 more? Sure... but I also need 10 more 7S toons for raids and arena, so no worries, here.

Whenever I feel like spending on gear (if it's even possible... hello droid callers), I want to have the right toons ready to upgrade. Spending on w/e 5-6 toons I happen to currently have near max? Nah. Not worth it, when the gear is this hard/expensive to get. I'll wait to see how other people fare on their gear up experiments. So far it looks like my next gears are going to go on Rey.

.... So I have to get a Rey, first. :)
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    As rarely as it shows up no doubt they're making 10x more money from people refreshing shipments than actually buying it.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have checked religiously since they were discovered in shipments, 4x daily, and I have never seen one. Have kept my crystals above 1600 waiting for one, which is probably why it never came. I bet it is coded to show up far more frequently when players have < 1600 crystals