So uhh... I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing. Help me build teams with what I got?

I'm not really much of a gamer and most of this stuff is pretty confusing... particularly stats and synergies (pretty much the whole game, right?). Perhaps someone could link me to a detailed guide on how everything works? I'm also having a little bit of difficulty figuring out priorities on whom I should and shouldn't level up. I think I've been wasting my credits by trying to keep more than 2/3 of my characters as high a level as possible.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me build teams based on who I have for PvP, Dark/Light Side Battles, Cantina Battles, and the eventual Galactic War when I get there.

Anyway, here are my characters (My current level is 37):
(Stars, Level, Character)
5* | 37 | Jedi Consular | 1810
4* | 37 | Cad Bane | 1618
4* | 37 | Cpt. Phasma
4* | 37 | Finn
4* | 37 | Jedi Guardian
4* | 37 | Kylo Ren
4* | 37 | Mace Windu
3* | 37 | CW Chewie
3* | 37 | CT-5555
3* | 37 | Kit Fisto
3* | 37 | Talia
3* | 36 | Jawa
3* | 36 | Poe Dameron
1* | 36 | FO TIE Pilot
4* | 35 | Poggle the Lesser
4* | 35 | URoRRuR'R'R
3* | 35 | Princess Leia
2* | 35 | Greedo
2* | 35 | Resistance Trooper
1* | 33 | Royal Guard
2* | 32 | Snow Trooper
1* | 32 | Clone Sergeant Phase 1
3* | 29 | Geonosian Soldier
2* | 29 | Ewok Scout
1* | 15 | Coruscant Underworld Police
3* | 1 | Hoth Rebel Soldier
1* | 1 | IG-86 Sentinel Droid
1* | 1 | Nightsister Initiate

Any help would be great!!!

Replies

• Ls chewie, jc, fives, finn & later lumi.
    Ds phasma, kylo, talia, poggle & later daka/sid

Arena: phasma, kylo, fives, sid, lumi.

These top 5 max gear
    Balance 5 ls/ds gear vi
    Others gear v

Extra credit & droid goes to mace, bane, poe, fisto, leia. They can lag behind max 7 lvl below.

Genosian soldier, Guardian & royal guard to low 40.

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Although they are not the strongest hitters, I tend to use Lumi and Jedi Cons in most areas for their healing and they have a good 1-2 hit with their special ability. I would focus on leveling their abilities and gear up.

I would also level up Captain Phasma (he and Lumi can get shards in GW) and Kylo Ren. Darth Sid can also be obtained and leveled easily with Shards from the arena.

Good rotation characters are Princess Leia and First Order Tie Fighter Pilot. If you level them up, they are canons with their shots.
  • Focus on getting Lumi next, she's easy to farm from both missions and GW, and she's incredibly powerful. Rank her leader ability up a few times and it will gain a health regen effect, making her an incredible leader. Honestly, missing her puts a big hole in your team (not that it's not possible to make a good team without her, but you do kind of need her with the guys you have)
  • OopchoAhsa
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ls chewie, jc, fives, finn & later lumi.
    Ds phasma, kylo, talia, poggle & later daka/sid

Arena: phasma, kylo, fives, sid, lumi.

These top 5 max gear
    Balance 5 ls/ds gear vi
    Others gear v

Extra credit & droid goes to mace, bane, poe, fisto, leia. They can lag behind max 7 lvl below.

Genosian soldier, Guardian & royal guard to low 40.

Great, thank you!! Quick question though... What did you mean by "Balance 5 ls/ds Gear VI?" Did you mean just pick 5 aside from the ones who I should Max Gear/Level?

EDIT: Also for the teams that are for LS/DS Missions and Arena, who should I have as the leader for their ability?
  • Focus on getting Lumi next, she's easy to farm from both missions and GW, and she's incredibly powerful. Rank her leader ability up a few times and it will gain a health regen effect, making her an incredible leader. Honestly, missing her puts a big hole in your team (not that it's not possible to make a good team without her, but you do kind of need her with the guys you have)

Yeah, I've been trying to farm her as much as possible in the regular battles. Haven't been lucky enough to get her through Chromium or Bronzium :-(
  • EM650 wrote: »
    Although they are not the strongest hitters, I tend to use Lumi and Jedi Cons in most areas for their healing and they have a good 1-2 hit with their special ability. I would focus on leveling their abilities and gear up.

I would also level up Captain Phasma (he and Lumi can get shards in GW) and Kylo Ren. Darth Sid can also be obtained and leveled easily with Shards from the arena.

Good rotation characters are Princess Leia and First Order Tie Fighter Pilot. If you level them up, they are canons with their shots.

Thanks! I've definitely been focusing on Luminara and Sidious. Now that I have some clue where I should lead my teams, I hope I can improve!
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Leia, ppoggle, jc, phamsa (leader), and ig68. Star and level up ig68. That team should make babies cry but your key person is leia and secondly ig68.

I would try and get luminara from your GW but you have a pretty good dps lineup already. Luminara is just a stronger healer and buffer crit and dodge etc but JC has a much faster heal cd and his fore push also heals him for durability. Basically the ig68 will dps a ton and call in an assist which might proc a phamsa leader assist. Trust me these dps teams wreck and do so even more on defense.

Scratch the luminara, just level up phamsa and JC and ig68 from gw till he's 3* or so. Shouldn't take long if you get 3 shipments daily.
  • This is one thing that fascinates me about this game. You are level 37 and I'm 42, but you have many more characters overall and many that are ranked higher than my best ones.

Makes me think I must be doing something wrong....
  • Rutank wrote: »
    Leia, ppoggle, jc, phamsa (leader), and ig68. Star and level up ig68. That team should make babies cry but your key person is leia and secondly ig68.

I would try and get luminara from your GW but you have a pretty good dps lineup already. Luminara is just a stronger healer and buffer crit and dodge etc but JC has a much faster heal cd and his fore push also heals him for durability. Basically the ig68 will dps a ton and call in an assist which might proc a phamsa leader assist. Trust me these dps teams wreck and do so even more on defense.

Scratch the luminara, just level up phamsa and JC and ig68 from gw till he's 3* or so. Shouldn't take long if you get 3 shipments daily.

Awesome, thanks!! Can't wait to start GW but I wonder how difficult it is.
    Carbrenash wrote: »
    This is one thing that fascinates me about this game. You are level 37 and I'm 42, but you have many more characters overall and many that are ranked higher than my best ones.

Naw I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I bought some stuff :-/

• Carbrenash wrote: »
    This is one thing that fascinates me about this game. You are level 37 and I'm 42, but you have many more characters overall and many that are ranked higher than my best ones.

[/quote]

Lol, ok then. I might buy something just to get caught up a bit...seems if I can improve galactic war I'll get Luminara shards much more easily.
  • Carbrenash wrote: »

Lol, ok then. I might buy something just to get caught up a bit...seems if I can improve galactic war I'll get Luminara shards much more easily.[/quote]

Just as a tip, I might suggest looking for information in the forums on where you should spend your money if you plan to do so. I bought crystals to mainly get the 8x Chromium and I feel like it's a total crapshoot. You'll get lots of variance and mostly shards. I probably spent way too much money on this game, sadly enough. **** you Star Wars and my addiction to you!
  • OopchoAhsa wrote: »

Lol, ok then. I might buy something just to get caught up a bit...seems if I can improve galactic war I'll get Luminara shards much more easily.

Just as a tip, I might suggest looking for information in the forums on where you should spend your money if you plan to do so. I bought crystals to mainly get the 8x Chromium and I feel like it's a total crapshoot. You'll get lots of variance and mostly shards. I probably spent way too much money on this game, sadly enough. **** you Star Wars and my addiction to you![/quote]

What did u get from chronuim I'm getting the 8x chronuim pack but I'm F2P and I haven't spent gems once so I could save up I'm currently at 2475 so I'm really close so I'd like a heads up as to what as to what I might get
  • Don't get your hopes up about the pack, there's not really anything. Special in them unless you buy ALOT
    My recommendation is to use those crystals for refreshes and work with what you have got or what you can farm. There are lots of great farmable characters