Heroic tier problems

Prev1
Lambi
473 posts Member
I hate to admit this, but TI is right. Heroic raids are just too easy. We are a mix guild with 25ish FTP, 5 whales, 20 dolphins. Our biggest issue is that we are clearing before people can get involved.
As it stands, our top ten can probably clear it on thier own. I'm glad that heroics are available to everyone and all, but we finish raids 39/50 due to time zone issues.
Would be cool if you made the last 0% free dmg for the remaining 48 hours of the raid or even just a buff to HP and make it another tier.

Replies

• Options
    What about the people who are FTP and only have 10 max toons that are in guilds who don't have whales or dolphins but minnows. Stop complaining about heroic tier and ruin it for the FTP guilds who hope to get to heroic tier in a few months.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You only need 10, your FTP guild could clear it without a problem.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    But if you are really worried about it hurting FTP, let's ask for another tier that can fix the problem.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Could just wait till everyone gets a chance before you kill it.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    This is a serious problem though, 11 people aren't participating because it does so fast. How is this problem no different than your complaint
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    The way you describe it it must be easier than t6? Your description sounds similar to the guild I'm in and we're on day 3 of that.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I am not saying it is not a problem. My guild has very mixed group. We are now where near able to run T7 raid. We run a bunch of T5 and could easily kill it before everyone gets in. Our stronger players wait and maybe only run 1 or 2 battles and leave it till reset giving everyone at least 13 hours to try to do some damage.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    T6 is harder by alot
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    T6 has double the HP of t7
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    You really should try it. You may laugh at why you haven't sooner
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    We do run T6 and it works out better because we end a phase a day. So no problems with people getting in there. With the way we run the T5 and T6 we can raid 6 of 7 days a week.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    T7 give Han shards though
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    T7 has 1.8/4/4/2. Tier vi has 6/8/8/6 I think.

An A team can do 10% in phase one and 5% in two and three. This is challenging in phase 1, easy in 2 and 3.

As for toon requirements I think you need Rey. Yoda also helps if you are planning to do it with 100 attacks. It is entirely doable by FTP with good strategy with 100 teams and easily with 150 teams.

This causes two problems. Not enough damage available for people to use their toons and no differentiation between the top 200 guilds all of whom will finish the June leader board with 3000 points.

To fix this problem I propose you be able to do laps on the Rancor. Once you defeat the Rancor you earn 200 guild points but it respawns the captain and you do another round with your remaining teams. Still keep the 48hr limit and no refreshes. Give 25 guild points for each addtional phase that's completed and continue to accumulate damage for rewards.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nm
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    Options
    So you don't have discipline in your guild. I was told Team Instinct do a 90 minute pause to let other players hit the raid because the would kill it in about 15 minutes. Perhaps you have to "wait" to other players or rotate the hour at what time is opened.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    noizer wrote: »
    So you don't have discipline in your guild. I was told Team Instinct do a 90 minute pause to let other players hit the raid because the would kill it in about 15 minutes. Perhaps you have to "wait" to other players or rotate the hour at what time is opened.

That's what will be done but it's not very exciting.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    Options
    possible solution is to limit 1 battle every 4 hours, so more people could join in. the time to defeat rancor would have to be adjusted accordingly
  • JiangNan
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Or just make change the heroic tier to same format is the other tiers (5 tries per day, no time limit) and increase the HP to make it harder. Also, they should just give out Han shards on tier 5 but maybe at a lesser quantity. Right now the rewards suck really really bad.
  • Options
    @Lambi what is your average number of 7* toons per person across the guild?
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Whoa, heroic is easier than tier 6? How does that work? We haven't even done a tier 6 yet as tier 5 takes 2 days
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    noizer wrote: »

That's what will be done but it's not very exciting.

Not only is it not exciting but there are some loopholes in doing that. People can get their damage in before the 90 minutes starts, and then just go to town once the guild says go.

We (TI) are trying multiple methods to help slow down heroic and allow more people a chance to complete it and have a fair shot at rewards.

yesterday we completed it in 19 minutes with 42 people... it's great that it doesn't take much time but it sucks that 8 people missed out.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Whoa, heroic is easier than tier 6? How does that work? We haven't even done a tier 6 yet as tier 5 takes 2 days

Health is way less than tier vi and the levels are only a little harder. Most of the damage done to the Rancor is done with the door down so his additional power only matters in phase 4. The pigs are a little harder but most just have increased Tenacity so TMR is not that effective.

So the only difficulty is the 7 star toon requirement. If you can do 250k to the captain and Rancor in Tier vi with your A team and have at least 10 7 stars per member you can with some difficulty take down heroic.
  • Options
    All I see is a lack of disciplinen and restraint in your guild. The hardest part of heroic raid is waiting for others to get a turn in. Try to join a different guild that has 10 players, and you will be waiting longer for guild currency. So you have a choice to wait for your team to get their hits in, or wait for the raid.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    I always love it when those who clear top-tier content come out afterwards to stroke their epeen by asking the devs to "make it harder" (for everyone else). ;)

I do like the "treadmill" ideas to just run the encounter as many times as you can for bragging rights/points though!
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Greg1920 thanks. I have none of those things but good to know lol
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

@Lambi What seems to be the problem with doing this? Is this a brag post?
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Don't ruin it for everybody else that has not had a chance to run heroic yet
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

@Lambi What seems to be the problem with doing this? Is this a brag post?

Pretty much.

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Just plan a pause after phase 3.
  • Options
    Don't start all your raids at the same time, spread the times around and everyone will get a chance, problem solved.