People of the forum - stop asking for removal of content!

Prev134
Seriously! Stop!

Stop asking for the removal of content and features. If you don't like a feature then you don't have to use it. If you don't like a game mode then you don't have to play it.

If you don't like raids then don't join one. If you don't like GW then don't play it. If you think challenges are a waste of time then don't do them. Etc etc.

Just because you don't like a feature doesn't mean that the player base as a whole doesn't like it either.

Some people like the challenge that GW provides, so let them play it in peace.
Some people like to retreat in raids and try out new squad combinations, and to keep restarting for the best possible rewards, leave them to go about their business, this doesn't concern you at all.

My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Replies

• The level of entitlement is absolutely disgusting.

inb4 #millenials

inb4 #millenials

Lol, millenials are the worst!
    I at least try to be constructive when throwing my opinions, but it always comes down to that, how ppl get from what they read and if the message is clear enough and ofc there is a lot of misunderstandings with language/generation etc.. Barriers.
    I think worst ppl are those who just scream their opinions and dont even try to listen to others bc in these matters like how a game is supposed to be, it really comes down to different points of view. So there really are no right answers to everything, so at least can we keep it civilized and clean?
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    They removed the ability to sell items, and now we're left with hundreds and hundreds of challenge gear.

Removal of features is 100% bad for the game and the majority of the players.
  • Guess I really got your panties in a twist, eh? Maybe go restart a raid a few hundred times, that might help you relax :wink:
  • They removed the ability to sell items, and now we're left with hundreds and hundreds of challenge gear.

1.Having that stuff doesnt actually hurt and i hope it means there is going to be some kind of use for it in the future.
    2.I remember that they said it was removed so that ppl cant sell useful stuff by mistake, rewards were bad and i think it was a good call back then --> less complaints about how i accidentally did that, give me my stuff back! ( this is from their point of view ofc)
    Praying for gear shop! :)
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahaha
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    I generally agree, though think removing the sell feature was fine. Didn't get much for them anyway. In that instance, the real problem is we need a way to combine the items to make the higher level ones.

But other than that I agree completely.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    if you don't like the posts of people asking to remove stuff then don't read them?
    Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the entire player base doesn't.

• Usho
    586 posts Member
    No
  • They deleted my new star rarity thread. Now I'm thinking it must be true that they are going to release a new star rarity later this year. So, the current star would be useless anyway. You will need platinum stars to promote character beyond 7*.
  • papnwors wrote: »
    if you don't like the posts of people asking to remove stuff then don't read them?
    Dayuummm! You served it on a bacon wrapped platter son!
    +1
  • papnwors wrote: »

Everything posted in this forum is a suggestion for changes to the game. The Devs read this and make changes accordingly. So, if a thread is created and I and others like me don't voice my disagreement with the thread topic then it may be implemented in game.

For example the removal of selling items update was mentioned about a week before it happened in a thread I participated in.

Instead of debating it with John so that he knew how much people would dislike the change I remember saying something like "Well I'm sure you know what you're doing, it should be for the betterment of the game."

I should have argued more instead of not voicing my opinion enough. I could have potentially prevented the change from happening.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    papnwors wrote: »

Everything posted in this forum is a suggestion for changes to the game. The Devs read this and make changes accordingly. So, if a thread is created and I and others like me don't voice my disagreement with the thread topic then it may be implemented in game.

For example the removal of selling items update was mentioned about a week before it happened in a thread I participated in.

Instead of debating it with John so that he knew how much people would dislike the change I remember saying something like "Well I'm sure you know what you're doing, it should be for the betterment of the game."

I should have argued more instead of not voicing my opinion enough. I could have potentially prevented the change from happening.

so basically its a bad thing if you cant/dont voice your opinion enough? but its also a bad thing if other do voice their opinions ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member

I was trying to be sarcastic more than anything.

Besides that, the devs pick and choose what to read here and they don't change things that have literally 1000s of posts and replies on so I wouldn't worry to much about functions etc being removed from some random posts.

Big problems like the credit crunch, precraftgate etc have never been acknowledged at all.

If you want to get a devs attention you go to the unofficial Reddit forum so I wouldn't be too concerned with what people post here, it carries zero weight in the bigger scheme of things.

inb4 #millenials

K thanks.

That's what you do. Not nice is it?
  • leef wrote: »

so basically its a bad thing if you cant/dont voice your opinion enough? but its also a bad thing if other do voice their opinions ?

When I speak I believe I am representing the players, suggesting changes that are for the betterment of everyone.

When they speak they are repressing less than 1% of the playerbase. If you did a poll of how many people want the ability to have Raid battle retreat removed and polled all players then less than 1% would vote for that change.

Everyone is welcome to make threads that they think will make the game better, but in my opinion it shouldn't only benefit a very small percentage of the playerbase.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    ... as the Devs would read or even ever code, what we are suggesting.

Honestly, most of the ppl just dont care what we all post here on forums.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.

inb4 #millenials

K thanks.

That's what you do. Not nice is it?

Saying 'K thanks'?
    Doesn't bother me.
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Remove the trolls. They. Are the. Worst!

I mean, what's Ugnaught take good for, anyways?!
  • Achilles wrote: »
    ... as the Devs would read or even ever code, what we are suggesting.

Honestly, most of the ppl just dont care what we all post here on forums.

Protection was created due to one of many threads that I was a part of. In fact I believe I was the first person to suggest an armour bar in the forum.

This change was made due to the fact that there were too many OHKOs and battles were decided after the first few moves.

The Devs heard there was a problem. They took ideas on how to fix said problem and implemented them in game.

So, you're wrong.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

When I speak I believe I am representing the players, suggesting changes that are for the betterment of everyone.

i'm pretty sure they believe they are doing the same thing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

i'm pretty sure they believe they are doing the same thing.

Well when someone says 'remove retreats in raids because it takes too much time and annoys me' they definitely don't believe they are doing it for the benefit of others.

inb4 #millenials

Oh uh Fox News watcher Alert!

inb4 #millenials

Oh uh Fox News watcher Alert!

Actually I despise the use of that term. Because I am a millenial and I am usually arguing against the person who is being called a millenial.

It usually just makes me think that the person calling someone a millenial is a grumpy old man sterotyping all younger people as having the same level of entitlement. When actually that couldn't be further from the truth.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    They removed the ability to sell items, and now we're left with hundreds and hundreds of challenge gear.

Seriously now, you think there is one person that asked for the sell shop to be removed? Is there one person that asked for the credits from the challenges to become nothing? They did this on their own to put a barrier on your progress.
  • Alexone wrote: »

Seriously now, you think there is one person that asked for the sell shop to be removed? Is there one person that asked for the credits from the challenges to become nothing? They did this on their own to put a barrier on your progress.

I wasn't saying that these changes were made due to player feedback, I was using them as examples of the removal of features which were bad for the players.

• Actually I despise the use of that term. Because I am a millenial and I am usually arguing against the person who is being called a millenial.

It usually just makes me think that the person calling someone a millenial is a grumpy old man sterotyping all younger people as having the same level of entitlement. When actually that couldn't be further from the truth.

There is nothing wrong with being called millenial/gen xer/boomer or whatever your generations name is. What I despise is when people cast sweeping generalities about a whole generation. I'm an Xer and do not do revisionist history. Millenials are no more entitled than my generation. I'm sure unbiased boomers would say the same thing.

Many people age and do not like or are unable to stand change. This is why they always disparage those younger than themselves. I made a vow I will never be like this. The world continually gets better.

• StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    @Alexone Here is a whole thread of people saying how useless the feature was. Never technically asked for it to be removed, though.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6914/now-that-mining-droids-are-no-more-do-you-ever-sell-anything/p1
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @StarSon It's not really a full thread of people saying how useless it is. Some are saying that, didn't read the whole thing. But it's pretty funny they act after reading that thread and not the one regarding 'raid rewards' inequality. Pretty funny indeed!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Then again, if those people there would have anticipated the credit crunch, don't think one of them would've said anything about it anymore.