Purple ability mats

Shoumpa
12 posts Member
What is the quickest way to acquire purple ability mats? Its taking me ages to get them.

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Challenge, GW, Cantina battles and buying them for raid points or via shipments (for crystals)?
    Not sure about the last one tho and that's definately not worth it in my book.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Pull out your wallet drop $10 buy it in shipments immediately, or grind/stress for a month or 2. I honestly prefer the stressful route. I'm going for a bald look and nothing makes me loose hair quicker then the rng this game produces.
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    GW and Cantina. And not spending them as soon as you get them. Max out the characters you regularly use, then save them up. I have about 350 of them banked now. When I decided to level up some extra characters for Raids, I had plenty to use without worrying about running out.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    Challenge, GW, Cantina battles and buying them for raid points or via shipments (for crystals)?
    Not sure about the last one tho and that's definately not worth it in my book.
    Never saw them in shipments but they are in Arena shipments for 700 arena credits per shot. Easier to farm in cantina and GW
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Challenges is most profitable, I got them in Cantina and GW too. Not a problem anymore...
  • Yeah...they're not in shipments. Wish they were. Or better yet that we could buy them with GW gems. Because I have a ton of them and basically no one I want to farm.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Higher level cantina drops em at a high rate.

In my rough estimation:
    One energy fill on level 1 cantina drops about 0.3 purple mats.
    On level 6 about 2.1 mats. They add up quick.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Cantina, GW and challenges. The highest challenge drops something like 8-12 for three rounds.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    GW and Cantina. And not spending them as soon as you get them. Max out the characters you regularly use, then save them up. I have about 350 of them banked now. When I decided to level up some extra characters for Raids, I had plenty to use without worrying about running out.

350? you are joking right ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    Chirpa cantina node been dropping them like crazy
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    leef wrote: »

I am not even sure if that is possible unless you have been playing since November and only ever maxed out 5 toons (or bought a lot of Aurodiums).
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Higher level cantina nodes can be hit or miss but I got 9 in two refreshes Old Ben's highest cantina node on Sunday. Normally I get one or two in the same amount of energy. RNG is RNG...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member

Sorry... 348. :) Only 275 on my 2nd account.

Not joking. I have about 10 characters maxed out. I'm totally F2P. Complete GW every day, do one Cantina refresh, and do the ability mat challenges when they come up.

I used to have the issue of not having enough, and then stopped just spending them as I got them once I got my arena and GW teams maxed out. Now, once I get a character to 7*, I start to level them up and as I do, I upgrade their abilities as they become available. I definitely get more purple mats than I can spend this way. No point in leveling up and upgrading a 3* character. Wait until they are actually useful, then add the ability upgrades.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Not joking. I have about 10 characters maxed out. I'm totally F2P. Complete GW every day, do one Cantina refresh, and do the ability mat challenges when they come up.

I used to have the issue of not having enough, and then stopped just spending them as I got them once I got my arena and GW teams maxed out. Now, once I get a character to 7*, I start to level them up and as I do, I upgrade their abilities as they become available. I definitely get more purple mats than I can spend this way. No point in leveling up and upgrading a 3* character. Wait until they are actually useful, then add the ability upgrades.

not trying to rain on your parade, but what is the purpose of having 348 purple mats now, as a direct result of not having enough earlyer in the game ? Decreasing the demand because the supply is too low is a solid strategy, but when you end up having a mayor surplus something is going wrong.

that said, spending purple mats on toons you dont use is obviously a bad idea.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Higher lvl Cantina and GW. Other than that it's a waste of what you got.
  • Shoumpa
    12 posts Member
    Thanks heaps guys.
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member

not trying to rain on your parade, but what is the purpose of having 348 purple mats now, as a direct result of not having enough earlyer in the game ? Decreasing the demand because the supply is too low is a solid strategy, but when you end up having a mayor surplus something is going wrong.

Nothing in particular, except when I decide to ramp up a new character, I can instantly max out all their abilities. I did that last night with Ventress once I got her to 7* and up to level 70, and still have 348 left. No point in spending the ability mats until the character is actually usable. Until Raids came along, I didn't really bother to level up a lot of new characters, as I could easily beat GW with my main squad and mostly use the same arena team. Now I'm working on taking the high damage characters I have unlocked and sitting at level 1 and building them up one by one so I can use them in Raids.
  • GruyloRen wrote: »

Nothing in particular, except when I decide to ramp up a new character, I can instantly max out all their abilities. I did that last night with Ventress once I got her to 7* and up to level 70, and still have 348 left. No point in spending the ability mats until the character is actually usable. Until Raids came along, I didn't really bother to level up a lot of new characters, as I could easily beat GW with my main squad and mostly use the same arena team. Now I'm working on taking the high damage characters I have unlocked and sitting at level 1 and building them up one by one so I can use them in Raids.

Bull
  • GruloRen's strategy works... I had nearly 200 until I got vets up to scratch skill wise.

High cantina nodes are where its at for me. Just farm vets/any other char from 16 energy cantina node and you'll get more than you need, less than you can use.
  • Don't worry OP...... You will be level 85 soon enough and get plenty .... Then you can whine about omegas with the rest of us..... Lol
  • This is a 2 year old necro guys.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    This is a 2 year old necro guys.

A good advice is still a good advice. ;P

To the OP, stop spending them unnecessarily. I.e. if you are playing this game still lol.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Thread closed. Let's please not necro threads, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.