Can we please get a response on the current problems with guilds/raids?

Prev1345
Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited May 2023
CG communication appears to go in waves, and right now we are in a "trough". It's now been half a month since guilds were released, and unless I missed it, nothing has been said formally about plans to fix some of the serious issues affecting guilds and raids, with the exception of an adjustment to the reward table almost two weeks ago.

The main issue was, is and will continue to be that the entire system is designed to tear guilds apart rather than bring them together. Specifically:
- The reward curve is too steep, with top 3 finishers getting much more than middle finishers who get much more than those on the bottom. This is the #1 issue, as it creates tension within the guild and promotes competition rather than cooperation.
- Determining rewards solely on the basis of DPS.
- Uneven phase difficulties where some are clearly easier than others, allowing some players to have a major advantage as we compete with each other for prizes.
- Lack of control over raid parameters other than tier and start time. In particular, not having refresh time 24 hours after raid start causes distortions and allows some players to get more fights than others.

I'm tired of trying to work around this system to create an even battlefield for my guild. I'm tired of having to choose between running up the score in the easy phases so I get better rewards, or not doing this and getting worse ones. I'm tired of having to watch the raid bar to see what phase we are in. I'm tired of having to choose between finishing the raid faster and finishing the raid fairly. I'm tired of endlessly trying different start times to find something that is fair for everyone because the system itself makes it impossible.

The T7 raid is also a major issue. End game content should not be finishable by any guild in under 1 hour forcing them to then have nothing to do for the following 47. Please address this ASAP, letting us know what you plan to do. If you make it harder that will make things more difficult for me and my guild, and will delay us getting Han Solo, and I am fine with that. I'd rather have something to work towards than be bored all the time.

The raid is the only actual real game content in this game, and should not become another grind. If this otherwise excellent content becomes a joke due to terrible balancing, I am going to have a hard time continuing to justify the time (and money) spent grinding everywhere else.

Thank you for listening.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Irul
    55 posts Member
    +1
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Agree. Just wanted to add, that raid do not solve precrafting problem, rather getting the situation much worse.
  • +3
  • +1. I cant agree more with the OP. Let guilds and raids be team based so we can build friendly communities vis secretive groups.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    The taunting pigs in the first phase is one of the biggest problems. Not only are many in the guild lacking characters who can tackle this, but others are skipping it because damaging the taunters doesn't contribute to the damage. It's very poorly designed and I hope they change it.

I often feel we're being trolled by the devs. It's almost like they want people to be **** off.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    +1 Of course you're right. Not sure about tier 7 until we do one. But I've seen the no1 rewards for tier 7. The guy receives almost a full piece lol. Everybody needs same love. Why block f2p progress?
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    +1 Because we had some showboat in a raid today I felt the need as the leader to go in and do 2k damage so more people could get a crack at the thing. Of course I'll now come in last place whatever that winds up as and I'm only 20% to one piece that I need for Rey after all this time. This needs to be balanced, it needs to allow everyone to showcase their teams without worry that they're hosing guildmates.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    The gap between the tiers v and vi is a bit of an issue, in my view. Tier vi takes in days whatever tier v takes you in hours.
  • Well written and fully agree! As a first an easy step, members who couldnt participate in a raid should be automatically ranked behind the players who participated, even if it is only rank 50.

The biggest struggle for guilds at the moment is not to plan how to finish raids but keep people in the guild happy despite the unfairness of the whole raid reward system. This is completely against the community that a guild should become.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Kabbes wrote: »
    The gap between the tiers v and vi is a bit of an issue, in my view. Tier vi takes in days whatever tier v takes you in hours.

It might seem that way, but most likely your guild isn't ready yet for tier 6.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »
    The taunting pigs in the first phase is one of the biggest problems. Not only are many in the guild lacking characters who can tackle this, but others are skipping it because damaging the taunters doesn't contribute to the damage. It's very poorly designed and I hope they change it.

I often feel we're being trolled by the devs. It's almost like they want people to be **** off.

You know some people do their most/best damage on the Pigs. Some of our members play non-stop during that phase.

I don't find any of the problems you are facing in your guild with ours. We freely share info to get better, and we celebrate our top DMG dealers since they make the raids go faster, and we pick their brains on how to get better ourselves. The guild is a mix of all pay types and we all do our best to raid and use whatever rewards we get to get better. Remember the more DMG you top players deal the faster you can complete raids and everyone gets rewards. The top DMG dealers get better chances and more of a drop, but if your top 3/5 do 65%+ of the raid DMG, should they not get something more for it? And these top players usually have the roster to cleanse Deathmarks and better face raid mechanics that not all members might have, so do they deserve the same reward as someone doing 1% DMG?

If you keep raiding everyone will amass enough currency to get the materials they need to upgrade, but the top DMG dealers will do it quicker, but that would help you complete more raids faster anyway, so I must be missing the problems others seems to be having.

O
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Orions wrote: »

You know some people do their most/best damage on the Pigs. Some of our members play non-stop during that phase.

I don't find any of the problems you are facing in your guild with ours. We freely share info to get better, and we celebrate our top DMG dealers since they make the raids go faster, and we pick their brains on how to get better ourselves. The guild is a mix of all pay types and we all do our best to raid and use whatever rewards we get to get better. Remember the more DMG you top players deal the faster you can complete raids and everyone gets rewards. The top DMG dealers get better chances and more of a drop, but if your top 3/5 do 65%+ of the raid DMG, should they not get something more for it? And these top players usually have the roster to cleanse Deathmarks and better face raid mechanics that not all members might have, so do they deserve the same reward as someone doing 1% DMG?

If you keep raiding everyone will amass enough currency to get the materials they need to upgrade, but the top DMG dealers will do it quicker, but that would help you complete more raids faster anyway, so I must be missing the problems others seems to be having.

O

When someone can barely do anything in a phase because it takes specific characters to get to the pig captain, that's a problem. Tier VI specifically. One person in our guild tried and got 0 damage. lol
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Please understand that not all of the issues mentioned are specifically ones with my guild. Many are based on extensive reading of difficulties that many guilds and guild leaders are having.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member

When someone can barely do anything in a phase because it takes specific characters to get to the pig captain, that's a problem. Phase VI specifically. One person in our guild tried and got 0 damage. lol

Hmm. Our guild hasn't done a Tier VI raid yet... we're alternating between IV and V to give everyone a chance to play, but on Tier V, my droids / GS one or two shot the Orc Pig guys. My issue is that I don't have a character who can clear the deathmark yet, so I'm working on Ackbar.

I like the raids so far, aside from the lousy loot. Only thing I'd probably add is a notification when a raid is started so you don't have to go to the Guilds page to check.
  • I think a raid tier should have X amount of treaure chests per raid. Treasure chests are divided up evenly among participants. Guild currency can be based on damage dealt: i.e. The higher contributors get paid more for their job.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • +1000 R.e. the raid reward system.

Can't comment on T7, haven't reached that stage yet.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    I agree that the rewards based on how much damage you do is wrong, as it just makes it hard(er) for those that can't do as much to catch up.

As for when characters reset, there is no way that can ever be guaranteed to allow the same number of attempts for everyone, regardless of when the reset is.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    My biggest complaint is the reward system. It's basically saying "even your best will never be good enough.", because of how it's set up. Your #1 highest damage player in your guild will more than likely always be in the top 3. By the time you've caught up to them in damage. They'll be 4 times further ahead than you.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    Kabbes wrote: »

It might seem that way, but most likely your guild isn't ready yet for tier 6.

We can do tier vi in 2 days (or possibly 2 days plus 15 minutes after the second refresh). But we can do tier v in less than a hour. That's a big gap.
  • @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

@Qeltar is right 100% and any information on planned fixes to these issues will go a long way right now.
  • DaKraken
    121 posts Member
    @Qeltar always has the best posts man.
  • DaKraken wrote: »
    @Qeltar always has the best posts man.

Well he is one of the few who can speak for the community so they definitely need to listen.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    good luck
  • SWSean
    6 posts Member
    +1 we are alot of guys that is very close in dmg so reward goes to the fastest player after a reset that is not fun and we are 5 that compete for top 3 but number 4 and 5 gets almost same as 6-10 even though they do double the dmg. Please at least make the rewards a little more even. In 5 which we play ( casual mostly dolphins) the top 3 gets 2 chests a great and a good while 4-10 gets 1 good. It should be 1-3 gets a great and a good, 4-6 gets a great, 7-10 a good
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    Completely 100% agree with everything you posted. +1
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    a rank 39 player in heroic received full uncraftable gear. i ranked 10 and got 25/50 pieces. the difference in han shards though...another story
    mighty chlorians
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Guys - the system won't change. It's not ideal but it is good because it rewards the whales.

Whales are important without them the game would make no money and we won't get more raids.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I haven't been on the forums much - but I agree with Qeltar 100%. The current raid rewards system is still terribly broken and there has been no "official" communication on the issues surrounding it.

Once again, my simple question for the devs is "Would you want to be in a guild with family and friends given the current raid rewards system?"

There are two possible answers - one is no, given that they are not truly cooperative nor do they build community. The other would be dishonest.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Goosy wrote: »
    Guys - the system won't change. It's not ideal but it is good because it rewards the whales.

Whales are important without them the game would make no money and we won't get more raids.

In the other thread guy wrote, that if whales will go much further than F2P, they simply stop playing as they can reach anything in game for free. F2P players just leave in frustration. So, now, possibly, you right, but it is very bad tactics in the long run.
This discussion has been closed.