Arena problems and suggestions

AdamW
692 posts Member
edited January 2016
Currently the arena seems clunky, for example, rank 11 can attack anyone from 10 to 2. However, rank 9 can only attack a few spaces in front of it. Imo this is a problem that should be fixed. Either let rank 9,8,7 ect,attack further or reduce the spaces 20-11 can attack. No reason why someone of a lower rank should be able to attack a higher rank than those above them

Also there is an issue with the arena rewards, its flawed. Its not determined by skill so much as its who is able to steal the spot in the last second. Many cant occupy rank 1 and receive its rewards even if they work towards it and power up, simply because they have real life to do and cant be on exactly as the reward timer comes around, or when theyre locked and cant do anything that last second because their target, or they themselves are engaged in battle.

I would suggest breaking this reward up into 4 pieces and distributing them every 6 hours, so people have an opportunity to be rank 1 around the clock.

This is not coming from someone who hasnt been in rank 1, I have been and held it multiple times, I have proof.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    AdamW wrote: »
    Currently the arena seems clunky, for example, rank 11 can attack anyone from 10 to 2. However, rank 9 can only attack a few spaces in front of it. Imo this is a problem that should be fixed. Either let rank 9,8,7 ect,attack further or reduce the spaces 20-11 can attack. No reason why someone of a lower rank should be able to attack a higher rank than those above them

Also there is an issue with the arena rewards, its flawed. Its not determined by skill so much as its who is able to steal the spot in the last second. Many cant occupy rank 1 and receive its rewards even if they work towards it and power up, simply because they have real life to do and cant be on exactly as the reward timer comes around, or when theyre locked and cant do anything that last second because their target, or they themselves are engaged in battle.

I would suggest breaking this reward up into 4 pieces and distributing them every 6 hours, so people have an opportunity to be rank 1 around the clock.

This is not coming from someone who hasnt been in rank 1, I have been and held it multiple times, I have proof.

Thoughts?

There are already different payout times depending on your timezone, everyone gets their award at 6pm in their timezone and regarding the work that people attend to I also believe that 6pm might not be the optimal time, pushing it to say 8pm could be better.

Lastly, I think dividing it 4 hours simply does not work because of the aforementioned reasons, you do not play with people in the same timezone and you'll still get sniped while you're sleeping and even then if I can snipe a higher level/power team it also means I can beat it regularly and choose not to until it is close to payout time and since AI defense is really bad, it is an endless cycle there are only a handful of teams that are out there that can reliably hold #1 the others get sniped regularly.

Now a better implementation could be made into the game that encourages actually holding rankX would be just have bonus like 'Hold rank X for 2 hours for 200 tokens 50 crystals'. But I am not sure whether this can be manipulated or not via changing phone time.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    I like the idea of earning rewards based off of youe time in the rank as well, would be great to get rid of some of the lowball sniping at the last few minutes people do here.
  • AdamW wrote: »
    I like the idea of earning rewards based off of youe time in the rank as well, would be great to get rid of some of the lowball sniping at the last few minutes people do here.

I think you misunderstood, I still believe that the reward system should stay as it is. Holding a rank for an extended amount of time should result in bonuses not the current rewards. That being said I find 'sniping' as a consequence of no real-time PvP. If I can snipe 'Team A' with my 'Team B' at any given time to AI deficiencies and if 'Team A' can beat my 'Team B' at any time, it just means it is an endless circle and there is actually no sniping involved. The term is coined for the last minute actions that people- myself included- are taking but that ensures that I'll get my desired rank if I'm certain that I can win that battle.
  • I agree that the ranks and where you can hit someone from within the top 20 is skewed. If you are sitting at 12 or 11, you shouldn't be able to just jump up and knock out 2 or 3. That's a decent downgrade in rewards at that point.

One thing that does bug me is not knowing who has engaged you or who has engaged an opponent you went after. You get that error box, give me the info. Obviously the game knows that person or myself have been engaged, then give me the name as well. I work in IT and nothing I hate more than those cryptic error messages like "An Error Occurred". Yeah, thanks, I got that much.