Something missing that this game MUST have...

So there is something this game is missing that, frankly, I'm shocked and disappointed it's lacking. It's been in every Star Wars movie, every single episode of every show, and every game but this one... what is this must have thing? The Wilhelm scream! How can you put through a Star Wars game and NOT have a Wilhelm scream... this is sacrilege of the highest order.
Therefore I am asking you to add in a Wilhelm scream to the game and if everyone agrees with me. /sign this discussion and lets make it happen!

/Signed me!

Replies

• Options
    R u 4 real? Can you imagine how annoying that would get?
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    /Signed GOfish52
  • Glarus
    68 posts Member
    Options
    I want it every time Dooku dies.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    It needs to be played when you kill some form of storm trooper like once every 50 kills or so
  • Options
    yeah doesn't have to be every kill or anything. But we need a random Wilhelm scream. It's a Star Wars staple and I just can't imagine why it wasn't added. Make it a special death sound or something but we need to have it.

...and yes I'm "4 real". Like I said doesn't have to be every time you kill someone, but once in a while from any of the troopers would fit nicely and be an awesome touch.
  • Options
    /signed George Lucas
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Drekulviin
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    yeah and when you get evaded by an enemy you should hear Homer Simpson saying "Doh!"
  • Options
    Glarus wrote: »

Haha I woudn't be opposed to that...
    DekeVader wrote: »
    yeah doesn't have to be every kill or anything. But we need a random Wilhelm scream. It's a Star Wars staple and I just can't imagine why it wasn't added. Make it a special death sound or something but we need to have it.

...and yes I'm "4 real". Like I said doesn't have to be every time you kill someone, but once in a while from any of the troopers would fit nicely and be an awesome touch.

:) I think it's because I'm a new-generation fan of star wars (90s born and raised). The Wilhelm scream just feels so... antiquated and cheesy. But if it's something you connect with in SW, I can see why it'd be a nice/cool thing to have. I guess I'll just develop a permanent cringe expression until I stop playing the game. :p
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Glarus wrote: »

Haha I woudn't be opposed to that...
    DekeVader wrote: »

:) I think it's because I'm a new-generation fan of star wars (90s born and raised). The Wilhelm scream just feels so... antiquated and cheesy. But if it's something you connect with in SW, I can see why it'd be a nice/cool thing to have. I guess I'll just develop a permanent cringe expression until I stop playing the game. :p

You know there's a wilhelm scream in each new star wars including force awakens, right?
  • Options
    No way! O.o
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I sense a petition.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    @snake2 you're right! I did a google. Apparently there are a couple, but only one was particularly audible. The rest were mostly obscured by sfx and music. So very very different to the cringy obnoxious ones in the original. XD
  • Options
    Technically speaking, the Wilhelm scream is in every action movie and many many video games. Once you get it in your head you start hearing where it's been added in, like an Easter Egg in everything you watch or play. But it really started as a staple in movies with Star Wars and to me is as Star Wars as a lightsaber. Perhaps that's just me but I'm frankly surprised it's not in Galaxy of Heroes. Especially since they managed to put in Darth Vader's "Nooooo" as his death yell. And if you're going to use that which is perhaps the most hated thing added to Vader in the new films where is the most endearing scream effect in the movies??

All that said, it's just my opinion and I guess maybe I made a wrong assumption that there were others who felt the way I do and were missing it in the game. I'd love to have it added and if you would too lets get this thread going strong. If not I guess we can let it die, just as the trooper who was given the Wilhelm scream sound effect.

• Options
    Haha yeah I cant't believe they added the Nooooooooo. Screams aside, I'd just like to have more star wars music thrown in. Even if it did take up a decent chunk of storage space.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    If they ever figure out how to make a playable R2D2, we'll have a great scream.
  • Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »

+1
  • Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »

Yeah I have to agree. I'm surprised we don't have a R2 yet honestly. He seems like he'd be an easy shoe in for support droid. Give him a small lightning attack for his regular, give him a heal, and maybe an enemy debuff that slows an opponent or something.