Any tips for phase 4?

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
He just goes so bloody fast that everyone dies WAY faster than before. I know part of the problem is not having a lot of TM reduction (working on it) but I am looking for ideas aside from that.

Thanks.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    Time your taunt if you use Poe or Han. Take the first onslaught, do all you can to get him to roar, then bust out the taunt and let it soak up a couple rounds. I find Lumi a good healer here as her HOT promts the roar again saving some damage. Dooku lead I like here also as I find the Dodge rate to be better for his lead in this Phase over the last 2 tier 6 raids, I'll be testing that again today. It is really all timing a nd getting that roar used as often as possible to avoid the hit. The taunts are very helpful. I do prefer Han or Poe here to RG because you control them better and it lasts longer.

Dooku and Old Ben are great leads here as I love the Ofense down when it sticks, the evasion. Self buffing characters are good too. Opress was clutch in one gaining me an extra round. Rancor hit him, he buffed, instead of pounding me and killing ppl he roared and I got a flurry of blows in(literally)
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    Go hard.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, Shawn. I have been trying all those things. Still lucky to get 100k at best on a first try. It just goes downhill from there.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just chuck what you have left at it. If you plan the earlier stages well enough you can beat it no problems. Simply throw in the characters you have left and do a little bit of damage. It all adds up. I'm talking about heroic of course.
    Post edited by Dooku_for_days on
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're taking about tier six+. On tier five last night I did 615,000 on phase 4 with teebo(L), fives, phasma, savage, chirpa.

Obviously could be different for tier six, but other than the obvious turn meter control, the offense down from savage helps tremendously.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks for the ideas, Shawn. I have been trying all those things. Still lucky to get 100k at best on a first try. It just goes downhill from there.

Sorry to hear man. I typically am hitting 200-400k
  • Options
    I save heavy teams for phase 4. Bariss lead phasma fives as a core and then 2 dps that escaped earlier phase. Though on heroic no teams in my guild lasted more than 3 turns. Rancor does too much damage and resists almost everything.
  • J_Low
    18 posts Member
    Options
    On tier V, I was able to put down 990,000 damage with this team

Phasma lead
    Omega fives
    Omega QGJ
    Rey
    Poe

I really rely on Poe's taunt and offense down. Then speed down with fives and turn meter manipulation by QGJ and Phasma. Phamsa lead is great because when he calls any of the other toons, more than just damage is given. Like reys foresight, QGJ turn meter manipulation, fives speed down, and poe's offense down.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I am doing T6, T5 is a joke at my level in all phases. (No offense intended, it is just too easy for someone who has been here since launch.)
    I was just able to get a bit of traction with a Jinn, Yoda, Rey, Fives, GS team.. 200k. Not bad for phase 4, and I even got a couple of key people out. But it goes down fast from here. I'm happy with that and do still have my three taunters to go.
    I should have Chewie in 4 days which I hope will help with more TM and taunting. Really glad they breathed new life into him!
    My ewoks are months off, they are super slow to farm for non-whales.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Also had luck with the seemingly odd team of barris, jinn,rey, fives, poe. The 300k, by far my best, ended only when he got enraged (never had that happen before)

imo Poe is the most underrated char in the raid. He singlehandedly kept that going.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    imo Poe is the most underrated char in the raid. He singlehandedly kept that going.

I agree. When Rancor is below 50% health he is the way to go. Above 50% health? Yoda!