Critical changes needed in next update. (long)

Replies

• WhipiT wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »
    isnt the top 200 in a soft launch server all close to 22000? I started beginning of december and the #200 in my server is a lvl 57 with a 6 star sidious. Should be around 17000 or something. And whipit maybe became a target because he is well known on this forum and everybody like to try and beat him.
    Still there are modders out there, the only way to counter it and keep stuff client sided is to add replays.

Replays are a freaking awesome idea..and if a modder attacked you..you could just forward the replay to customer service. That's the level on my server for 200 right now is 17kish. Few days ago I was ranked 200 with a 14k Talia lead team at 192 and a 15ish k chewie team at 202 I dropped from rank #1. That's what I was pointing out.

The advantage I have is I have like 4 accounts lol. So I have 17k teams at my disposable. And I can't beat a 7* 22k team on my best day with my 17k team. Its just not possible. That gives me a unique insight on how limited teams are to be able to overcome a 5k power difference. With that knowledge it's easy to see the rampant modding.

I fought a modder on our server today :/ his Sid was hitting 5k without crits or buffs.

That sounds like the AI was hacking lol! The only modder I know of in our top 10 at this moment is Lobby. He is ranked #4 with a 17k power team with a gear level 4...4* phasma lead. He's getting better. Last week he was 14k power with chewie as lead and ranked #1 when I logged on.

I think I know who you're talking about, but until there is proof, I won't mention any details but as we can see, he's one of the few. Always remember, hacked players without money will still have to play daily and make improvements to their teams so, they don't get much for free anyway. Also, on defense they don't hold position so overnight, they could drop hundreds of spots in PVP. I wouldn't worry, time will weed them out when they get bored....

Strangely enough, he doesn't drop in pvp. He's been climbing and somehow holding his position for the past couple weeks and now is in the top 5. Even though I've faced him numerous times and killed his team with 4 mins easy to spare. Others must know how easy he is to beat and attack him too, yet he still managed to reach the top 5 and stay there.
  • Crittik wrote: »
    Exactly! All we need is replays!

I understand that full replays would be a technical burden and more of a long-term dream. But I'd be totally happy with just the basics like:
    1. Fight length
    2. Opposing team (gear, star and ability level) this one would need some debate as it could result in some cookie cutter squad mimic teams.
    3. Perhaps a shot of the ending health of the heroes

What I'm getting at here is that we would know if something was being modded AND it gives a bit of information like abilities that can really add to a power rating. A 22k team with all abilities at One should be beaten by a 19k team with maxed abilities.

I'm sure discussion and debate would be needed but a compromise on those lines would go a long way to preventing cheating and help illustrate game balance.
    Fabzorz wrote: »
    isnt the top 200 in a soft launch server all close to 22000? I started beginning of december and the #200 in my server is a lvl 57 with a 6 star sidious. Should be around 17000 or something. And whipit maybe became a target because he is well known on this forum and everybody like to try and beat him.
    Still there are modders out there, the only way to counter it and keep stuff client sided is to add replays.

Replays are a freaking awesome idea..and if a modder attacked you..you could just forward the replay to customer service. That's the level on my server for 200 right now is 17kish. Few days ago I was ranked 200 with a 14k Talia lead team at 192 and a 15ish k chewie team at 202 I dropped from rank #1. That's what I was pointing out.

The advantage I have is I have like 4 accounts lol. So I have 17k teams at my disposable. And I can't beat a 7* 22k team on my best day with my 17k team. Its just not possible. That gives me a unique insight on how limited teams are to be able to overcome a 5k power difference. With that knowledge it's easy to see the rampant modding.

It sounds like the problem might be you. Pretty much every day I take my 17.5k team to a top 5 finish on my server. :) This game is very, very easy.

Try that on my server. You would get rolled by the AI. You're on a new shard.

What does it matter? You think people haven't paid to get all the characters on other shards? I play with plenty of high value accounts, including a friend's account who has all the chromium toons 7*. The only toon that poses a problem right now is Leia at 7*. The AI otherwise is predictable.

It sounds like the problem might be you. Pretty much every day I take my 17.5k team to a top 5 finish on my server. :) This game is very, very easy.

Or he's Mr L in our shard ;)

I am Fabzorz in my shard.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Moded APKs are not good for the game's survival at all.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Lool. Replays would not be a technical burden hardly at all.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Who abandons their own officially forum for an unofficial one.
    well we dont exactly have much freedom here...

i do most of my discussion elsewhere as well just check the forums for official announcements
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member

What does it matter? You think people haven't paid to get all the characters on other shards? I play with plenty of high value accounts, including a friend's account who has all the chromium toons 7*. The only toon that poses a problem right now is Leia at 7*. The AI otherwise is predictable.

It matters because on a new server you could easily get to top 5 with 17k power. On established servers you could possibly turn that trick if you six and seven starred the most powerful chrono only characters. But wait if you had 6 and 7 star characters you wouldnt be 17k would you? A team of 17k power is mediocre at best and like I said would get rolled by the AI around rank 50ish. But not here to argue you're absolutely right it is an easy game. But that has nothing to do with the discussion.
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Great thread. Sadly I was only able to read about half the posts, but still wanted to add my voice as well as throw in a thank you to WhipIT for starting this thread.

I spent over $200 during my first month of this game which, in retrospect is a concern. It's especially concerning when I look at what I purchased.

1. A $4.99 starter pack that included dooku - That was a great buy! Unfortunately, it's one of the few purchases I've not felt cheated on (that is figurative, as I most certainly made the decision to make each of these purchases of my own free will, and could have choosen to pass but didn't).

2. $210 worth of crystals...hold on, what? Yup, that's right. I know there are many spending more than me, but my realization I had done this, followed by what those $210 had netted me was the beginning of my disillusionment with the game.
    - I bought approx. 5 chromium 8 packs from which I received one toon I genuinely wanted, and that was Sidious. No Barriss, no Ben, no Kylo, not one other 4 star. No 8 pack contained more than 3 toons total, so mostly I received shards.
    - It should be noted, that I am counting toons I already had and therefore received shards for as having received toons, not shards for that part of the shipment.
    - I do think the crystal subs are a reasonably good deal, but as mentioned and addressed, have temporarily dried up. Also, I have been spending way more crystal than what I get from subs, quests, etc and would like to continue buying larger crystal packs, but just can't continue to justify the cost at what I perceive to be a disproportionately low value

My overall take is that shards are too expensive and packs are outrageous. I was shocked when I saw toon packs for $35 and from their they just went up. My 2 cents? Lower crystal prices so people can play more for less, improve the drops from chromium packs and take a reality check on your character bundles. For that matter, I would much prefer to see individual toons for $5-10.

I've spent what is, to me, a lot of money on this game, and I'm willing to spend more, I just can't afford to continue spending under the current pricing structure.

You guys seem to be making plenty of money with the way things currently are, so this probably doesn't count as truly constructive, but I needed a place to vent my frustration and this thread seemed a good location since others were expressing similar concerns.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Yendor wrote: »
    Great thread. Sadly I was only able to read about half the posts, but still wanted to add my voice as well as throw in a thank you to WhipIT for starting this thread.

I spent over $200 during my first month of this game which, in retrospect is a concern. It's especially concerning when I look at what I purchased.

1. A $4.99 starter pack that included dooku - That was a great buy! Unfortunately, it's one of the few purchases I've not felt cheated on (that is figurative, as I most certainly made the decision to make each of these purchases of my own free will, and could have choosen to pass but didn't).

2. $210 worth of crystals...hold on, what? Yup, that's right. I know there are many spending more than me, but my realization I had done this, followed by what those $210 had netted me was the beginning of my disillusionment with the game.
    - I bought approx. 5 chromium 8 packs from which I received one toon I genuinely wanted, and that was Sidious. No Barriss, no Ben, no Kylo, not one other 4 star. No 8 pack contained more than 3 toons total, so mostly I received shards.
    - It should be noted, that I am counting toons I already had and therefore received shards for as having received toons, not shards for that part of the shipment.
    - I do think the crystal subs are a reasonably good deal, but as mentioned and addressed, have temporarily dried up. Also, I have been spending way more crystal than what I get from subs, quests, etc and would like to continue buying larger crystal packs, but just can't continue to justify the cost at what I perceive to be a disproportionately low value

My overall take is that shards are too expensive and packs are outrageous. I was shocked when I saw toon packs for $35 and from their they just went up. My 2 cents? Lower crystal prices so people can play more for less, improve the drops from chromium packs and take a reality check on your character bundles. For that matter, I would much prefer to see individual toons for $5-10.

I've spent what is, to me, a lot of money on this game, and I'm willing to spend more, I just can't afford to continue spending under the current pricing structure.

You guys seem to be making plenty of money with the way things currently are, so this probably doesn't count as truly constructive, but I needed a place to vent my frustration and this thread seemed a good location since others were expressing similar concerns.

@Yendor Great..great post! I totally agree.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    CptKloss wrote: »
    WhipIT: "rediculous" ehhh... that weakens your otherwise good argument.

They have to defend the non defend-able position of competitive client-side game in 2016... because what are they going to say? "Yeah it's weak but we won't be able to change it because of the development cost, so expect undetectable cheating to be a part of this game".....

Just read this gem. Kudos. One of the best posts Ive read on here. Made me laugh.
    The advantage I have is I have like 4 accounts lol.

this explains why the drab rhetoric. it's becoz they got you by the balls, lol.

4 accounts is not an advantage, it's an addiction!
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    woodchuck wrote: »
    The advantage I have is I have like 4 accounts lol.

this explains why the drab rhetoric. it's becoz they got you by the balls, lol.

4 accounts is not an advantage, it's an addiction!

Right lol! I'm having to quit for a while tho heading out of country for a couple months have to focus on work. But Ill restart them when I get back Im sure.
  • pics or didnt happen.
  • As @WhipiT said, the mods are easy to find. I've seen them, I know one person that we banned in our Facebook group promoting the mod and it's some kid from a third world country. Yeah it's that easy to find and use.

Please seal and move stuff to server side. Only a few people need to re-engineer the code to make it work and distribute it, but if the critical game info is on server side, it'll be more frustrating to them and they won't make much of an effort.
  • @CG_JohnSalera

I'm sorry, I have to ask...

Why did you answer every inquiry in the OP's post except this gem?
    * Taking Dooku out of the starting character pack was a unfair move. Its so rediculously unfair that new players are penalized and not allowed to have all the advantages Dooku provided to a bulk of the player base in leveling and GW. Greedo? Seriously?

To me and many others this is an EXTREMELY important issue as it is essentially game crippling in many ways. Greedo is total and complete useless garbage (with crap synergies because he's a scoundrel no less).

Frankly, Dooku makes Dark Side missions that much faster and easier and is a _significant_ boost to Arena battles (at least in the early stages).

My server popped just before the Dooku change so we have a mix of have's and have not's... It's not cool. Not at all. Had all these people legitimately 'earned' Dooku would be one thing but to have the option for a starter pack with him while others did not?! We are all supposed to have the same opportunity to purchase packs after we first log on.

Frankly, you should have at least made it so that no one post-Dooku would be on a server where someone was given the opportunity for him. It not only affects Arena but GW as well (where he is a major pain in the **** to fight and a major boost to have on your team). Heck, the GW gains of having him alone give those folks even more advantage without 'paying' for it and much less for 'earning' it.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are stuck farming a couple crap nodes that have pathetic drop rates (with limits on how many times you can do them) or praying we get a 4* Dooku out of a Chromium pack that has the option to drop him out of like 100 toons... Yeah, right. 1-2 shards a day... yeah. Maybe in 5 months the 'missers' will have a 4* Dooku.

Fix it. Now.
  • Nice topic.

On the first page many good points that can help the game. This feedback from the Dev team as little as may be helps see where they stand on community support and "fixing" the current issues.

Adding a bit to the discussion:

Cheating:
    -So how the game client works is not going to change as per what @CG_JohnSalera hinted. Will there be any fast track measures to tone this down? The argument of hackers will hack or cheaters will cheat is just gonna kill the game on slowly for the people at the top ranks. Having this problem only on the top10-top20 and given the many "servers" players are located make it a non issue with most of the player base but critical with the top players spending.

-Someone wrote about replays and not being a technical burden, they are. The Dev team would have to get a team to do cheat reports and create guidelines to follow to handle these reports Apart from how difficult/costly it would be to do at this point.

-Someone also mentioned Guardian Cross. Good timing. That game was great, for a while. Probably the game I've spent more money in and sadly a game that fell real fast on it's face. Cheaters ruined it but there is a great difference with many fremium IAP games and SW:GoH, probably the reason @CG_JohnSalera might not be too worried this early. It's that this game has no IN-GAME economy. We don't sell/trade toon chards, toons, loot for the in-game currency we can buy(crystals). In most high IAP gross selling games there are structured economies that people who spend more on the game get items and sell them down for ingame currency, having this created other issues like duping items and other sort of hacking (i.e Guardian Cross, Dark Summoner)

PVP:
    -Balance the game entirely. From Windu & Ewok to top chromium loot:
    People will mix and match better and even spend money on building teams aroun characters they have from the get go.

-Overhaul the A.I:
    The attacker most of the time has the advantage and the AI plays real bad. You could get a team with higher power level but with the toons that have horrible AI and will lose easily.

-Overhaul available "synergies":
    Currently you get these from certain abilities of players and the leader of the squad. Some teams currently exists like Nightsisters, Ewoks and Droids that could benefit from better team synergies instead of forcing a Jedi team with Gun Di or Lumi as leader or a Sid, Phasma, DM team.
    The First Order synergies are a good example of to follow. Make use of the character classes(Human, Sith, Resistence, Dark Side, Light Side) or character traits(AGI, STR, INT) or the Episode those characters are from. Having all Jedis, all INT toons, all Episode IV toons, etc give bonuses so people mix up and match their squads

-Events & New Content(weekly, weekends or however it may be):
    "You have missions, why do you want events?" Becuase PvP in Arena is boring and pretty much meaningless when you reach certain level until ranks and AI work differently. GW is pretty much the same as Arena but with a linear difficulty mapped out for you. Actually GW is in a better state than Arena in my opinion. People complain becuase it's hard but it's supposed to be hard until you have like 2 full teams of capable characters.
    New content keeps people spending and playing and some sort of events that rank people by either the loot obtained, fights won against X, or simply having people make Dark vs Light challenges in a small weekend storyline and have a payday with loot or premium content for top finishers/ranks or the side that won. You have one of the biggest movie franchises with a long line of backstory. Won't be hard to come up with something Disney aproves....or maybe.
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member

Qeltar wrote:
    Tone down the increased AI proc rate. Frustration =/= challenge.

I've seen this rumor of "cheaty AI". There's *nothing* like that as far as I know. I've even seen people accuse us of ramping up AI proc rates in order to get people to spend more. Not sure why folks assume us to be that manipulative / immoral, but unless there's some crazy bug, there should be no difference in proc rates between player and AI. I'll ask someone to confirm this early next week.

some nice **** tehre when u guys have no idea how ur game is designed. its totaly clear that this is broken and needs to be fixed. when units 5 lvl below mine and blue geared atack first always dodge and hit my epic lvl 60 team to Mars.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Yendor wrote: »

I've mentioned these points repeatedly in multiple threads. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get anyone to truly open a dialogue about this.

The issue with hackers and the cost of IAP in conjunction with what you get in return are hands down the two biggest problems facing this game. If both are not brought under control this game will die, regardless of the Star Wars IP.

I've tried communicating this very constructively, repeatedly, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. @CG_JohnSalera
  • SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    Nice topic.
    -Someone also mentioned Guardian Cross. Good timing. That game was great, for a while. Probably the game I've spent more money in and sadly a game that fell real fast on it's face. Cheaters ruined it but there is a great difference with many fremium IAP games and SW:GoH, probably the reason @CG_JohnSalera might not be too worried this early. It's that this game has no IN-GAME economy. We don't sell/trade toon chards, toons, loot for the in-game currency we can buy(crystals). In most high IAP gross selling games there are structured economies that people who spend more on the game get items and sell them down for ingame currency, having this created other issues like duping items and other sort of hacking (i.e Guardian Cross, Dark Summoner)

Would you happen to be someone I know?

I was Mystogan:)
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016

It matters because on a new server you could easily get to top 5 with 17k power. On established servers you could possibly turn that trick if you six and seven starred the most powerful chrono only characters. But wait if you had 6 and 7 star characters you wouldnt be 17k would you? A team of 17k power is mediocre at best and like I said would get rolled by the AI around rank 50ish. But not here to argue you're absolutely right it is an easy game. But that has nothing to do with the discussion.

You have a very distorted ideology on "new shards". They're just as developed as the old beta stuff by now. I'm on a "new shard" and it's level 60s in 6/7* Tier VII for days. The difference in PvP difficulty is all but null at this point.

Whales exist and they're everywhere and I'm one of them too. I had 7* of basically every character in a matter of days, months ago, and I'm just one person out of several that did the same on my server. And my 23k power team now gets knocked down by 18k power teams, daily. Because as Fabzorz said, this game is easy. Anyone can beat my team in it's current incarnation and it's admittedly somewhat to do with the Barris nerf / Sidious buff (I put all my eggs in a jedi JREAM team beforehand) but I'm not surprised when I log in and see myself many spots lower each day now. Them's the breaks.

But to say a 17.5k team can't beat a 22.5k team? Aren't you supposed to be one of the people in this forum that claims to know a lot about this game? I am surprised you consider this to be true.
  • @Naecabon with the new Yoda character coming out with two Jedi leader abilities, you will have a huge lead in the near future
  • @CG_JohnSalera

I'm sorry, I have to ask...

Why did you answer every inquiry in the OP's post except this gem?
    * Taking Dooku out of the starting character pack was a unfair move. Its so rediculously unfair that new players are penalized and not allowed to have all the advantages Dooku provided to a bulk of the player base in leveling and GW. Greedo? Seriously?

To me and many others this is an EXTREMELY important issue as it is essentially game crippling in many ways. Greedo is total and complete useless garbage (with crap synergies because he's a scoundrel no less).

Frankly, Dooku makes Dark Side missions that much faster and easier and is a _significant_ boost to Arena battles (at least in the early stages).

My server popped just before the Dooku change so we have a mix of have's and have not's... It's not cool. Not at all. Had all these people legitimately 'earned' Dooku would be one thing but to have the option for a starter pack with him while others did not?! We are all supposed to have the same opportunity to purchase packs after we first log on.

Frankly, you should have at least made it so that no one post-Dooku would be on a server where someone was given the opportunity for him. It not only affects Arena but GW as well (where he is a major pain in the **** to fight and a major boost to have on your team). Heck, the GW gains of having him alone give those folks even more advantage without 'paying' for it and much less for 'earning' it.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are stuck farming a couple crap nodes that have pathetic drop rates (with limits on how many times you can do them) or praying we get a 4* Dooku out of a Chromium pack that has the option to drop him out of like 100 toons... Yeah, right. 1-2 shards a day... yeah. Maybe in 5 months the 'missers' will have a 4* Dooku.

Fix it. Now.

Come on, mate, take it easy..
    I'm a total "freetoplayer" and i started playing this game since the end of november.. In my shard 90% of players has dooku, but i haven't him.. Yes, Dooku is a great toon to have early on, but i can say you can simply avoid wasting your energy to farm her shards..It's better Work on Sid and Luminara, for sure..

Alex Garrick Lev 60, rank 20-50
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Naecabon wrote: »

You have a very distorted ideology on "new shards". They're just as developed as the old beta stuff by now. I'm on a "new shard" and it's level 60s in 6/7* Tier VII for days. The difference in PvP difficulty is all but null at this point.

Whales exist and they're everywhere and I'm one of them too. I had 7* of basically every character in a matter of days, months ago, and I'm just one person out of several that did the same on my server. And my 23k power team now gets knocked down by 18k power teams, daily. Because as Fabzorz said, this game is easy. Anyone can beat my team in it's current incarnation and it's admittedly somewhat to do with the Barris nerf / Sidious buff (I put all my eggs in a jedi JREAM team beforehand) but I'm not surprised when I log in and see myself many spots lower each day now. Them's the breaks.

But to say a 17.5k team can't beat a 22.5k team? Aren't you supposed to be one of the people in this forum that claims to know a lot about this game? I am surprised you consider this to be true.

@Naecabon May I ask do you have a 17k team of f2p characters? Have you tried with that 17k team to beat a fully synergized 22k power 7* team? I know you haven't or you wouldnt make a useless post saying it could be done. Guess what dude? I do have a 17k team of f2p toons. I know for a fact a team of 4* & 5*(17k power)f2p characters cannot over come a synergized 7* team. I find it funny people considers themselves know it alls about how they "think" things work without the tiniest bit of experience in said situation. It is a super easy game but it is also limited by game mechanics. If you believe your point is so valid take 2 weeks and starrt a f2p with Chewie, talia phasma or Poe. And show me a video where you challenged a legit full 7* synergized team and won.

So what you lose ranks? Who doesn't? Thats not the point of the discussion and proves none of your point. So please before you post out your rear have some actual experience in what your talking about. Thanks.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    zip 17k vs. 22k

Whip, here is some first hand experience.

wkGYFMZ.jpg

My acc. is Dooku+5$ crystal pack bought. I arrived in the game with a guild I've been playing CG's other game for a long time, which is to say we had enough experience at boosting eachother through shared experience and cracking numbers. Luckily I managed to talk with a soft launcher at the end of first week who divulged important information about how the endgame will look like. I never bought chromes and never received a char from bronzes I didn't already have (only significant contribution is getting Lumi for extra 25 shards)

I started to dump a single refill in pvp starting from 3rd day I think. Since top spots didn't seem achiviable this was only to boost the rate I get Sid shards. I started to hang in top 50 on daily 5 fights still not pushing my luck further. At this time the top spots were already obscure from my outlook. There were 16k-20k peeps there while I was only 11k. The day I had 16k I started taking a chance, this should be 2 weeks or so ago, not sure. Due to necessity of choosing beatable teams I noticed not all going for spots were monstrous. Indeed there being reasonable teams populating middle spots of top quality teams enabled me to squish in there. I came to a point I was in 20 without being able to use all my fights. Just to gain experience I started to hit 18k-20k folks. While the odds weren't against me I was able to beat them from time to time. 17k, hey this is going well.

I think due to your p2p perspective skew, you may not be grasping how much of an advantage focus fire vs. AI spread fire is. I got 3-2-1 consecutively. Right now I'm at 20.4k, I've been top 3 for a week. I've identified one very low chance to beat team (leia+), one impossible leia+pilot- this is Ewokrampage. Everyone else is fair game for me and I'm willing to take chances since at the worst it'll be a 50 refill which is far compansated by the rewards and I'm getting to learn unique strength/weaknesses of each team.

Lastly p2p in my guild was already going to top spots on other servers which is no surprise. I encouraged all low spender, f2ps to do the same as me telling them how achiviable it is with easy to get toons and disciplined play. Voila, now we are all doing it. 17k vs 22.5k -I dunno. 16k vs 20k p2p full chromium; yes, thank you very much.

Awesome post @Top_Quark ! And very valid points thank you so much for sharing! But if you are using Phasma as lead, fives, luminara and Dooku I have that exact same team on my alt account called ILOVEKRISTIN and it holds rank better than my 1k usd invested account. Its just a awesome combination and arguably the best f2p team comp in the game atm.. I even made a post last week on how powerful that combination is here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3083/whipits-f2p-team-for-arena#latest

But that is not the norm for f2p players. Most f2p don't have Dooku or fives. And without those two toons the combination falks flat as phasma lead special doesnt proc half as much.

The f2p teams at 17k Im talking about are all 4 and 5* free characters. Sid, lumi, phasma chewie, Talia etc. I have an account like that as well thats I have zero USD in. I think its around 16.5k power and I hit a brick wall around rank 100 where I can not advance. And it has nothing to do with skill. It's a very linear straight forward way of playing 3 buttons. It's funny kinda people think CG designed 4* teams to beat 7* synergized teams. If that was the case no one would spend money as there wouldn't be any advantage in doing so. Truth is there are many advantages to spending money. One advantage is a 17k normal f2p team doesn't have a chance against a full 7* synergized chrono card only characters.
    Post edited by WhipiT on
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    So you're saying

@Naecabon May I ask do you have a 17k team of f2p characters? Have you tried with that 17k team to beat a fully synergized 22k power 7* team? I know you haven't or you wouldnt make a useless post saying it could be done. Guess what dude? I do have a 17k team of f2p toons. I know for a fact a team of 4* & 5*(17k power)f2p characters cannot over come a synergized 7* team. I find it funny people considers themselves know it alls about how they "think" things work without the tiniest bit of experience in said situation. It is a super easy game but it is also limited by game mechanics. If you believe your point is so valid take 2 weeks and starrt a f2p with Chewie, talia phasma or Poe. And show me a video where you challenged a legit full 7* synergized team and won.

So what you lose ranks? Who doesn't? Thats not the point of the discussion and proves none of your point. So please before you post out your rear have some actual experience in what your talking about. Thanks.

Let's see... in one post you've managed to make it seem like a) you're the only person that's capable of knowing how these match-ups go, that b) a team needs to be all 4* to be 17-18k power, and c) that we know nothing about "how things work" in this game.

First, before you actually think you're in some odd way more adverse in this game, please understand you're, at best, on equal footing with a lot of us. Just because we haven't been posting in this forum as much as you or just because we haven't played since before the official release, means nothing in regard to our time spent comprehending the inner workings of this (relatively) simple game. There isn't a vast well of endless knowledge relating to this game, it's very straightforward with very easy to understand mechanics and both numbers and results do not lie. I've played with a wide variety of teams, I've seen a wide variety of teams rise up on my PvP cluster and enter the top 100 tiers, and I can say, yet again, that 17-18k teams have infiltrated the top tiers of the 22-23k teams with ease, and they're almost ALL free to play teams. Sidious, Luminara, Chewie, Dooku, Vader, Boba Fett, the list goes on - there are plenty of extremely capable toons in the F2P areas.

Do they defend well? No, of course not. We crush them and take our spots back. But the point here, originally, was if those teams are able to beat teams 4-5k power higher, and the answer is yes - they can. This is not an opinion and claiming "we don't know anything about this" just highlights a blatant arrogant elitist attitude that holds little water in an intelligent conversation.

The fact is, the AI sucks. It's easy to beat and with proper execution based on comp vs comp teams can weasel their way in and win. They don't ALWAYS win, but so what? They still manage to do so. If YOU cannot manage to do so, that's on you, but plenty of others do.

I would advise you to reconsider this ridiculous positioning of claiming to be the end-all-be-all expert on a topic you clearly need to explore some more. You're standing on a pedestal very specific to your own personal circumstances and experiences and making blanket statements for the entire crowd. It doesn't suit you. Stick to what you know and what you express well - stuff about what the characters and abilities do and stuff. Don't preach about what other people can / cannot do and/or are / are not doing.

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Also, the dev that posted in this threat stated "We never considered increasing the friend's list beyond 35 because no one ever really asked about that and it seemed a non-issue." Paraphrasing of course but... what!? How can you in one breath say you guys do pay attention to the reddit too, and then in that same breath say no one asks for a friends list increase? Other games i play have OVER ONE HUNDRED people allowed on friends lists, and it's because we are a generation of gamers connected to a LOT of our friends via very easy to navigate social media. I have friends, family, acquaintances, people I meet on reddit/these forums, and this isn't even including the people that send me invites by challenging me in the game itself... and if you think 35 is going to easily cover that list, well... No. No it does not. I can't accept a new friend until I figure out what weakest link friend to cut off of my list. I shouldn't have to be making those kinds of decisions.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016

That is a similar point to mine as well. Time has been all our enemy as the cap sits idle.

I am one of those teams that can challenge the top teams. I'm just under 20K power now and have faced those special pay for teams and won matches. It's this that makes weeding out the hackers difficult. Unless you have the obvious types, where you see 3* teams surrounded by 6,7s looking out of place, you're kind of stuck. I guess EA could review logs but can they guarantee the accuracy of game times, damage per turn, etc?? I'm uncertain...
  • SaVaGeTnK
    108 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So you're saying

The fact is, the AI sucks. It's easy to beat and with proper execution based on comp vs comp teams can weasel their way in and win. They don't ALWAYS win, but so what? They still manage to do so. If YOU cannot manage to do so, that's on you, but plenty of others do.

This.

That's why the attacker will always have the advantage to win. The AI is horible and people can't rely on defense to hold their positions because characters make bad decisions, some worse than others, and you learn how to predict some of those.

Also by now most of you know the first few turns in a Sid, Doku, Phasma filled match. Most of the time the enemies Dooku attacks with lightning then you go with your Dooku then your fast toons then enemy uses Sid's AoE. It's like reapeating a game of chess the same way until someone messes up and you know the turns by memory.

Power levels are misleading they don't account for many things characters can do and how dumb the AI is for those combined characters.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So you're saying

Let's see... in one post you've managed to make it seem like a) you're the only person that's capable of knowing how these match-ups go, that b) a team needs to be all 4* to be 17-18k power, and c) that we know nothing about "how things work" in this game.

First, before you actually think you're in some odd way more adverse in this game, please understand you're, at best, on equal footing with a lot of us. Just because we haven't been posting in this forum as much as you or just because we haven't played since before the official release, means nothing in regard to our time spent comprehending the inner workings of this (relatively) simple game. There isn't a vast well of endless knowledge relating to this game, it's very straightforward with very easy to understand mechanics and both numbers and results do not lie. I've played with a wide variety of teams, I've seen a wide variety of teams rise up on my PvP cluster and enter the top 100 tiers, and I can say, yet again, that 17-18k teams have infiltrated the top tiers of the 22-23k teams with ease, and they're almost ALL free to play teams. Sidious, Luminara, Chewie, Dooku, Vader, Boba Fett, the list goes on - there are plenty of extremely capable toons in the F2P areas.

Do they defend well? No, of course not. We crush them and take our spots back. But the point here, originally, was if those teams are able to beat teams 4-5k power higher, and the answer is yes - they can. This is not an opinion and claiming "we don't know anything about this" just highlights a blatant arrogant elitist attitude that holds little water in an intelligent conversation.

I would advise you to reconsider this ridiculous positioning of claiming to be the end-all-be-all expert on a topic you clearly need to explore some more. You're standing on a pedestal very specific to your own personal circumstances and experiences and making blanket statements for the entire crowd. It doesn't suit you. Stick to what you know and what you express well - stuff about what the characters and abilities do and stuff. Don't preach about what other people can / cannot do and/or are / are not doing.

You mad bro lol? Sounds as if exposing cheaters aggitates you for some reason..

You assume a lot of things about me. So let me explain to you as if you were a child what I meant and I mean no disrespect I think your reading comprehension is lacking. So maybe if I break it down you might understand.

Team A is 17k power.That means the average power level is close to 3300 around 4-5*. Just as an example lets say it's an android completely f2p team. It has Phasma, Sid, Luminara, JC and lets say they farmed Boba from cantina.

That teams average crit would be around 3k max. Luminara might crit 4k. There average HP would be 7-8k. Now a legit non modding f2p player only has limited crystals so chances are those toons are not even in epic tier of gear fully not to mention how would they 3 star the mission nodes to even farm some of the epic pieces.

Now team B is lets say an average spender has invested 200 usd. Most all on my shard in the top 75 have bought character packs, chrono cards and epic geared there whole entire squad.

They can crit from 3k to 11k. There average HPs are from 8k to 14k. They arent reliant on healers as much so unlike the 17k f2p team they can go full dps or one healer comps. Almost all the 22k teams have some form of chrono only toons that are deemed OP....princess is common...lando is common....tie pilot is common...list goes on and on.

That f2p character doesnt have a chance to crack the top five the AI is very biased towards these elite toons with multiple procs making it even harder. Its a 3 button game. No one said it was hard. Its also very basic rock/paper/scissors.

If you're telling me you could take that 17k team above and crack the top 5 of an established server full of whales..you sir are far from equal footing with me and give the impression that you either A. Are defending the modders or you really just have no clue what you're talking about. Or B. You're just trolling......I have a completely f2p 16.5k power team on an established server. I know EXACTLY what they can and can't do.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    Another change that'd be nice is if they actually didn't gimp your squad and boost the other squad in arena mode unless what I continually see happen is somehow a result of every single team I face being owned by a hacker/cheater which seems all but impossible. What I see is rubberband like AI (as I seem to see less of this against higher level teams than me than lower opponents where my team takes a nosedive) and I don't think this needs to exist.

EA needs to just grasp that ratings and such should be all that matters in their games. I see it in EVERY EA game where they decide that even if you have built up something better than the opponent you're facing, you should still be hampered in some way. It's so frustrating and is a slap in the face of players. In this game, my 90% Dooku jedi stun chance shouldn't magically drop to less than 50% (not including resist chances which drops it to about 25%) simply because I am in the arena. If it is going to drop to under 50% then it should also drop to under 50% for the SAME (or worse since my Dooku is at the max elite level) Dooku character on the opposing team when they target my jedi. Does it? No as it is pretty much a 100% stun chance when it isn't resisted by my jedi character.

It's this type of stuff that takes out the supposed player skill aspect of the mode because boosting the opponent while nerfing the player's team isn't a sign of player skill. It's just cheating by another name and honestly, I have more respect for players who may have hacked their way to a great team than a company cheating me with their programming.

I think what people need to do if they are putting money into the game and have issues is to simply....not put money into the game. Show some self restraint and don't make the company you have issues with profit from said issues and actually give them incentive to fix the issues since we all know these companies only care about money.

It's as though so many have become conditioned to being forced to spend money on something that may be in a way jerking them around and simply can't say no. I have not put a dime into this game. Now if the game didn't have the issues I see and I actually felt things were fair, would I put some cash into it? Yes I would. As it is, I am not going to reward a company for blatantly jerking me around because they feel it offers some artificial challenge and is also surely done to get the gullible to think it is their team that is the issue and to go and spend money to better it.

As for a real pvp mode, I think that is a good idea for those who are into that AS LONG AS it isn't a requirement for the daily objectives bonus or completely replaces the current arena, meaning you would still be able to get arena credits for shards. I am not a guy who is competitive or needs to show off my manhood in mobile or video games so I don't take part in pvp stuff and don't want that to be forced on me. That there is cheating/modding now in what seems like every game that has some type of pvp element is also another good reason why I don't wish to waste my time in pvp modes.

I think this is a fun game at the core and I like the ability to collect a lot of characters and build them up (even if it is going to take an incredibly long time) but there are things that really bug me.