AI Bonus Frustrating

Whiskey
97 posts Member
edited January 2016
I still don't know if this is a bug or working as intended but the AI bonus or whatever you want to call it is out of control. For example, Daka alone can wreck my team WHEN IN THE HANDS OF THE AI. I have three potential ability blocks, so let me save you the time of saying to control her, as none of them land. She then proceeds to stun lock two members of my team every, single, round. This creates a compounding effect as the AI then gets more turns as it continues and other buffs are used. I actually had a game where I got to make three moves total. Fun times.

Now this was just the most readily available example. I don't think Daka needs a nerf. The exact same scenario can be applied with different toons and their abilities when USED BY THE AI. Notice I'm being very specific. I understand the need for compensation for the AI otherwise there'd be no point to arena (at least in its current form), but it's not fun the way it's working, just annoying to deal with rngesus so stacked against the player.

Replies

• Options
    Who does your team consist of? Could be a reason which lies in the team u have made
  • Options
    Sometimes sid, lum, vader, maul, poggle. Ren for maul, and/or phasma for poggle.
  • Options
    Is this Galactic War or Arena? I have noticed in Arena they get their stuns and debuffs, dodges, etc more often.
  • Options
    It's all random guys. There is no AI bonus.
  • Dagnorus
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Comment edited for EA TOS violation. Swearing and profanity not allowed in the forum.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    It isn't random...they buffed ai in a big way...I have seen opponent ai move twice before my fully starred and geared toons...and they didn't have a speed buff. Happened with an opponent Sid and Lum against my team....I do have a cookie cutter main squad at the moment, their team was about the same, yet they were hitting harder and moving much faster than mine.
  • Options
    According to the CG John guy the AI gets no increased probability.

And based off my personal experiences my characters seem to have BETTER odds to apply detrimental effects than the AI. Do I run into bad stretches? Yes , but that's probablity. You get runs and streaks of bad and good luck. You might get ten stuns in a row that don't land, but out of the hundreds that you've used that streak is insignificant.

Having the streaks of bad and good luck actually reinforce the fact to me that it is truly random. If it was consistently 3 stuns successful, one unsuccessful, or whatever, again and again than that would be suspicious.

• Doj
    27 posts Member
    Options
    O8c8h80 wrote: »

This is not random.

In DS 5A on clone chewie, the ai chewie destroyed 5 characters. Within 1 Sid turn meter, the ai chewie had 3 attacks, 1 taunt, and 2 self heals.

Completely unbalanced the game now.

• Doj
    27 posts Member
    Options

And based off my personal experiences my characters seem to have BETTER odds to apply detrimental effects than the AI. Do I run into bad stretches? Yes , but that's probablity. You get runs and streaks of bad and good luck. You might get ten stuns in a row that don't land, but out of the hundreds that you've used that streak is insignificant.

Having the streaks of bad and good luck actually reinforce the fact to me that it is truly random. If it was consistently 3 stuns successful, one unsuccessful, or whatever, again and again than that would be suspicious.

Maybe @CG_JohnSalera can explain the increased turn meter buff? The probability might not have increased, but other turn mechanisms have changed.
  • Options
    Doj wrote: »

This is not random.

In DS 5A on clone chewie, the ai chewie destroyed 5 characters. Within 1 Sid turn meter, the ai chewie had 3 attacks, 1 taunt, and 2 self heals.

Completely unbalanced the game now.

That is supposed to happen to make the levels a bit challenging. This dont happen in pvp or gw.
    If you cant pass this level, you need to gear up.

• O8c8h80
    119 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    [/quote]
    Maybe @CG_JohnSalera can explain the increased turn meter buff? The probability might not have increased, but other turn mechanisms have changed. [/quote]

That is one thing I would like an explanation on. I've asked questions about out this and never got an answer from an official source. According to reddit there is some slight variability to speed and how it relates to turn meter calculation.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    sorry to burst your bubble but this is NOT random. I've been playing for over a month and it is CONSITENTLY happening. The PvP/GW ai teams consistently get WAY more stuns/multi attacks as compared to my same characters with similar levels/gear. If it were random I would notice some VARIANCE in the occurance of Duku getting his 2 attacks and stunning characers, or Daka's consitantly stunning 2 characters per attack. As to suggesting there is a SLIGHT variability of speed it appears to be more then just SLIGHT.
  • Options
    Like this last arena match just now. My sid attacked 6 times, all six were dodged. No to on had any sort of evasion buff. This happens regularly. Meanwhile, every thing the AI threw stuck.

Very frustrating. Did get one or two glitches in my favor though; got the triple arena award today, and got 4* star barriss from a bronze pack, though not sure that's a glitch.
  • Options
    I'm guessing the reason most of us are realizing it now is that we have maxed level or are close to maxing out at level 60. It's more than likely that the game is programmed to give a slight advantage to the AI as you advance in levels, but as we got to the highest levels it becomes some so skewed that it is glaringly obvious. Plus they figure players dedicated enough to play to level 60 will probably put up with more difficulty (and possible pay more) than a newer player.

Also, since this game is only a couple months old, a huge chunk of the players are hitting the max at the same time and basically we are play testing it, LOL.
  • Options
    I was using Sid, Doku, Vader, Daka, Lumi. Opponent team in arena was down to Dooku, in the yellow. My team is all epic gear and I had Vader and Lumi left, in the green. Guess who lost the match because enemy Dooku went 9 attacks total at that point. And, he dodged almost every attack. I don't even care about PvP, but I'd like to clear GW again some day because of shenanigans like this in every single GW between battle 8-11 where the enemy destroys my roster no matter what I do. My ability blocks don't land hardly ever, whereas the AI lands 90%. AI Sid dodges 90% of all attacks and I usually run one, sometimes two Jedi. Many, many times I field a mirror team and still get wiped. Yes, I know how to retreat, sub in n out, put in lower tier characters. The end result is always the same. Frustration.

I only have 11 level 60s in epic gear. Looks like I need to get more.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    There are plenty of irrational posts in this topic, but I agree at least that the AI definitely appears to have a major advantage in GW. Not obvious enough in the Arena if it exists there at all, however there seems to be some heroes benefiting from higher/lower than described probability on certain stats and abilities.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    This is indeed frustrating.. Understand that EA is a business and needs to make more money.. But the proc chances should exactly be like what the percentages descriptions are..
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options

John is either a liar or there is a bug he doesn't know about. The AI has increased tenacity and greatly increased potency.
  • Options
    There is most definately a speed boost, I used to have 4/5 of my charactersnin arena go first before any of the enmy AI, now all of the enemy AI go before 2 of mine do, then it cycles back to them. Very frustrating. The AI gets to go several times before my charcters get to go once. Its extremly annoying since I have a bunch of glass cannons.
  • Options

The game predetermines outcomes before you enter the match. There is nothing "Random" here.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @ philbert_tkd That has been stated a lot of times which is not true. GW with force close is an example of this. If it really was pre determined and the game decided I should lose, force closing and replaying the battle with a slight adjustment proves this to be wrong. I don't want to argue with you or get another response as if I'm sucking off EA so don't bother replying if that's your intend.
    I'm trying to be constructive and there is proof it's simply not pre-determined unless you make the same moves over and over again.
    Anyway the AI definately seems better than they should be, also might explain why Leia is "broken" since I have the feeling this is related to the issue.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @ philbert_tkd That has been stated a lot of times which is not true. GW with force close is an example of this. If it really was pre determined and the game decided I should lose, force closing and replaying the battle with a slight adjustment proves this to be wrong.

Wrong.

The other day my Dooku could not get first attack off on any character, either lightsaber or Force Lightning. They dodged/resisted both attacks. Jedi, Sith, both. No matter who I chose. The game determined this.

In addition, in your example, you are missing a serious flaw:

You enter Galactic War, you try ability A, it will respond with B every single time. But if you choose B, it will respond with C, because it has determined what it will do based upon your actions before you make them.

So while your "strategy" is changed, the game had already determined what will happen before you employ it.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @ philbert_tkd

You are right there but if it was predetermined and I used strat A and finished the game with that strat, chances of me losing with 4 toons vs 5 toons is quite high. I can't win at that point. However if I take option B and everyone survives, I did win in the end, eventho with option A I would have lost.
    Altho I do get your point very well, it's not predetermined as being a guaranteed win or loss.

I also think it's part of the code. Hence the retreat option.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting