Many characters need more groupings/factions *various spoilers*

I've been trying to think of an out-of-the-box squad, and I'm realizing that many character have holes in their groupings. To name some:
There should be a "Separatist" designation
Sid should have Empire and Separatist
Chewie should have Rebel
Ahsoka should have Rebel
Maul and Savage should be part of the Nightsisters, although they should rename it.
If Savage is a Sith, Asajj should be too
Poggle should be Separatist
Vader, Rey and Han have Human, but theyre the only ones. All humans should get it
MagnaGuard should be Separatist
Dooku should be Separatist
Old Ben should be a Rebel
Maul should be a Separatist
Boba should be a clone
Asajj should be a Scoundrel
Finn could be First Order (debatable)
HK should be a Scoundrel
Lando should be a Rebel
Nute Gunray should be a Separatist
Han, Chewie, and Leia should all be Resistance

Replies

• I've been trying to think of an out-of-the-box squad, and I'm realizing that many character have holes in their groupings. To name some:
    Chewie should have Rebel
    Ahsoka should have Rebel
    Maul and Savage should be part of the Nightsisters, although they should rename it.
    Vader, Rey and Han have Human, but theyre the only ones. All humans should get it
    Boba should be a clone
    HK should be a Scoundrel
    Lando should be a Rebel

1) Darth Sideous is the clone wars version, there is no empire yet nor is he Emperor.
    2) Chewie is clone wars Chewie, a few decades before the rebel alliance and half a century before the resistance.
    3) Old Ben isn't a rebel, he's a hermit, outcast, he never aided the alliance bar episode 4.
    4) Maul isn't afflicted with the separatist movement, he was discarded before these events and a team of his own with Savage during them.
    5) The Finn used is after he deserted so.
    6) HK isn't a scoundrel. He's an assassination protocol droid whom has a master he follows with unquestionably loyalty, he isn't a rogue.
    7) The Lando used is cloud city Lando, when he dealt with the empire. More empire aligned than rebel at that point.
    8) Both Han and Leia are the episode 4 versions so again predating the resistance.
  • 1. The Jedi aren't anything but Jedi. While they serve in defense of the republic, they aren't sworn members of it.
    2. I do agree that all humans should be humans, maybe a small (balanced) like "+x speed due to ease of communication" this could be extended to other "races" as well.
    3. I would also enjoy tiered leadership bonuses and party synergy bonuses. Like "if 2 or more humans are in the group, X buff; 3 or more, x+y buff; etc." and then a smaller buff applied to the party for having that member included.

While I haven't studied the lore as in depth as many of you, I enjoy it a lot and I need to dive into some of the canon outside of the movies.
  • I've been trying to think of an out-of-the-box squad, and I'm realizing that many character have holes in their groupings. To name some:
    Chewie should have Rebel
    Ahsoka should have Rebel
    Boba should be a clone
    HK should be a Scoundrel
    Lando should be a Rebel

1) Darth Sideous is the clone wars version, there is no empire yet nor is he Emperor.
    2) Chewie is clone wars Chewie, a few decades before the rebel alliance and half a century before the resistance.
    3) Old Ben isn't a rebel, he's a hermit, outcast, he never aided the alliance bar episode 4.
    4) Maul isn't afflicted with the separatist movement, he was discarded before these events and a team of his own with Savage during them.
    6) HK isn't a scoundrel. He's an assassination protocol droid whom has a master he follows with unquestionably loyalty, he isn't a rogue.
    7) The Lando used is cloud city Lando, when he dealt with the empire. More empire aligned than rebel at that point.
    8) Both Han and Leia are the episode 4 versions so again predating the resistance.

I understand the Finn, HK, and Maul arguments. The problem with the others is that most will not get another character. Lando, for example, is very unlikely to get another version, so his current version should be updated to reflect his entire life. The same goes for Chewie and Leia. Old Ben will probably get an Obi-Wan version, but he did assist the Rebels in SW Rebels.
    Chewie should have Rebel
    Ahsoka should have Rebel
    Boba should be a clone
    HK should be a Scoundrel
    Lando should be a Rebel

I understand the Finn, HK, and Maul arguments. The problem with the others is that most will not get another character. Lando, for example, is very unlikely to get another version, so his current version should be updated to reflect his entire life. The same goes for Chewie and Leia. Old Ben will probably get an Obi-Wan version, but he did assist the Rebels in SW Rebels.

Oh don't worry, they will release the same characters multiple times, they do with their other game. One Character springs to mind, Leilena, 5 versions of her so far in HoDA. And she's not the only one, every costume change or appearance in sequels etc was reason enough to get the same character again and again.

So you can fully expect to see, General Solo, Old Solo, Rebel Solo, Endor Solo, Hoth Solo, Tortured Solo, Carbanite Solo, Blind Solo. Not even an exaggeration either.
  • okay, i havent see3n anyone make a note about this but...
    this is still a soft opening for the game! Theres even secret files in the *.apk that show 10 more characters and starfighters.... Dang dude the game only came out a month ago relax....
    Chewie should have Rebel
    Ahsoka should have Rebel
    Boba should be a clone
    HK should be a Scoundrel
    Lando should be a Rebel

Oh don't worry, they will release the same characters multiple times, they do with their other game. One Character springs to mind, Leilena, 5 versions of her so far in HoDA. And she's not the only one, every costume change or appearance in sequels etc was reason enough to get the same character again and again.

So you can fully expect to see, General Solo, Old Solo, Rebel Solo, Endor Solo, Hoth Solo, Tortured Solo, Carbanite Solo, Blind Solo. Not even an exaggeration either.

Okay then. I was expecting two, maybe three characters for the same person max. I guess that does nullify most of my complaints.
  • also go to the SWGOH website, they show variations of Luke, Solo, etc. And even show a level in Jakku! cant wait for next update!
  • Oh don't worry, they will release the same characters multiple times, they do with their other game. One Character springs to mind, Leilena, 5 versions of her so far in HoDA. And she's not the only one, every costume change or appearance in sequels etc was reason enough to get the same character again and again.

Not really a fan of having multiple versions ofa character... Never played HoDA, but it's not like the Star Wars universe lacks characters and I rather see new faces than the same old ones with different outfits. But if this is inevitable, I guess we can expect to see an exclusive slave outfit Leia? Lol :D