Is raising current lvl cap to 70 a good or bad idea for the gane

Prev1
Abyss
1651 posts Member
edited January 2016

Is raising current lvl cap to 70 a good or bad idea for the gane 144 votes

Great idea
32%
FudgementPowerlifter450Miss_DollChaseKillzDoomsheepTerrorize89YoYoYoda369EnigmaticienSquareThundergodLordYUGOLOTHBarrokHavokTriggerO8c8h80bleeaauuhNaecabonjeremyj26OtarMerilonAustin 47 votes
Terrible idea
20%
kgwzzxsebxWhipiTQuincy_Tihlus32BlamToolioPreemo_MaginTwinzer0BelgDarthRomeoPanicYodavaderDestarkPitchblack47IG69RogerfanPindasauskanonRogan_Ban84DanTomD0SRARE 30 votes
Great idea under the premiss they also massivly increase credit rewards
46%
DavoRheenDarkHavenPhyneasTSiTaSTop_QuarkJJHSenpaiBishopilyanorTheRenegadeDaeghaacoldmugLargKelleinTowaniioniancat21GBodzioGDarkcloudShentuDragonBriggermamba 67 votes

Replies

• Great idea
    Sounds good to me
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I think there is legitimate pros an cons. Im withholdng my view till ppl comment more and share views
  • Great idea
    Why would it be a bad idea? More content, yay.
  • Great idea under the premiss they also massivly increase credit rewards
    With current escalating leveling costs, it prob will cost over 1 Million from 60-70, over 2 Million from 1 to 70. I am definitely for new content and levels for sure, just hope I don't have to be a Credit Bajillionaire to maintain my current roster, lol.
  • Terrible idea
    I'll be the standout for now.

I want the increase but I'd rather make sure everything in play currently is working as intended and we get more teams at max level and feedback collected en masse so that we can achieve balance and bug fixes.

Otherwise, I'm keen. Maybe we can get more diversity in squad comps over time but I don't see that as likely yet because the GW/Arena heroes are so easy to farm and the cantina shipments aren't too terribly slow to farm.

As of right now, we will just see level 70 Sid, Lumi, and Phasma lol.

The other points in the release seem good though.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Why would it be a bad idea? More content, yay.

The main draw back i foresee is lack of credits overall. Its tough enough to maintain the ammount of needed toons as is mich less needing to further them all 10 lvls.

I dont even know what training a toon from lvl 60 to lvl 70 will cost so i am only speculating BUT im afraid they are doing this cap increase hastily.

My fear is backlash. I know theres plenty who are rdy for an increase an even more that want it but im afraid of all the crying about the cost to train from 60 to 70.

I made this post to get ppl chatting about it now before we have it so the devs can read concerns and gather pre-feedback.

Goal is for this to be a contructive and helpful poll for them to use to ensure a good implementation of a much needed update
  • DaHell? In case you lived under a rock theres chapters and sections that SHOW max level is supposed to be 70. Look at all the shard locations, all the locked chapters, all the blacked out features... 60 to 70 was inevitable just depended on when.
    Be prepared to spend 1 or 2 million credits for the next 10 levels.
  • Scoregasms wrote: »
    With current escalating leveling costs, it prob will cost over 1 Million from 60-70, over 2 Million from 1 to 70. I am definitely for new content and levels for sure, just hope I don't have to be a Credit Bajillionaire to maintain my current roster, lol.

hopefully they'll curve the credit prizes in either GW or chapter wars, or maybe both. But if anything the credits rewards do need an overhaul.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Ranivoos wrote: »
    DaHell? In case you lived under a rock theres chapters and sections that SHOW max level is supposed to be 70. Look at all the shard locations, all the locked chapters, all the blacked out features... 60 to 70 was inevitable just depended on when.
    Be prepared to spend 1 or 2 million credits for the next 10 levels.

Exactly, we knew it was coming lol, just did not know when is all but since it was announced, i posed the question in the poll above. In not fully even sold on it being a good move yet overall. The fact thats its wanted does not make it a good idea ;)
  • Just don't level everything...levels don't give you much bump anyway. Just level to the next gear or ability you need to fill and stop there.
    I'm so bored at level 60 so please get those levels out...
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Just don't level everything...levels don't give you much bump anyway. Just level to the next gear or ability you need to fill and stop there.

I get the feeling that that will be the only option although the purpose of this post/vote is to express concerns etc so devs can properly plan.

We all want it haha, i just personally want it done rite or i dont want it cause it would cause more headache then fun.

Keep the constructive discussion going :)
  • This is not a voting matter. Its happening whether you like it or not. Players are gonna make new discussions and cry or praise the upcoming update no matter what.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Crittik wrote: »
    This is not a voting matter. Its happening whether you like it or not. Players are gonna make new discussions and cry or praise the upcoming update no matter what.

No one said anything otherwise. Be constructive or dont comment please. I did a vote out of curiosity since i see comments randomly on both sides and since they announced they are doing it, i wanted to provide a dedicated post for constructive discussion so the devs can read up on concerns etc if they choose. This is meant to be constructive so please keep it that way.
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Great idea
    The poll Can't be objective .
    Cause their always be people far in the game and News one .
    So in majority the News one Would say disagree now .
    But When they Will be near of the goal they Will change their mind.
    What we have to Know is that more the Time pass more people Will get the 60 Target and there Will be less and less News player .
    So the game have to go one and progress to give content to the people at the goal , only for 2 reasons , give motivation but to give a sort of reward of the achivements and fidelity.
    Post edited by Enigmaticien on
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    The poll Can't be objective .
    Cause their always be people far in the game and News one .
    So in majority the News one Would say disagree now .
    But When they Will be near of the goal they Will change their mind.
    What we have to Know is that more the Time pass more people Will get the 60 Target and there Will be less and less News player .
    So the game hasar to go one and progress to give content to the people at the goal , only for 2 reasons , give motivation but to give a sort of reward of the achivements and fidelity.

Agreed for sure. Im interested in the cap'd players that say potential bad idea mostly tho. Dan i think made excellent piints above as a cap'd player.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Great idea
    There is no negative to raising the level.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    There is no negative to raising the level.

Wel played haha
  • Great idea
    The game will forever need to expand in order to be viable long term. In my opinion the leveling and shards occur too fast. I'm in the mid 50s in less than a month of fairly consistent gameplay. It seems most people on the forums want infinite energy, all the characters and all of them at 7 stars. The game is fun when we all have different characters and have something to work towards. When this moves to max level 70, I hope it takes longer than a few weeks to get there unless you're a massive spender. I'd rather see longer gameplay with more energy, but longer time frames to level. Otherwise in 6 months this poll will be asking, "Is raising current lvl cap to 120 good or bad idea for the game."
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Starworks wrote: »
    The game will forever need to expand in order to be viable long term. In my opinion the leveling and shards occur too fast. I'm in the mid 50s in less than a month of fairly consistent gameplay. It seems most people on the forums want infinite energy, all the characters and all of them at 7 stars. The game is fun when we all have different characters and have something to work towards. When this moves to max level 70, I hope it takes longer than a few weeks to get there unless you're a massive spender. I'd rather see longer gameplay with more energy, but longer time frames to level. Otherwise in 6 months this poll will be asking, "Is raising current lvl cap to 120 good or bad idea for the game."

Pretty valid, i too am far more worried about how fast you can get there. I was waiting on this point to be brought up :)
  • it does seen a little early. the game is barely 5 weeks old, id rather have them iron out the bugs first.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    it does seen a little early. the game is barely 5 weeks old, id rather have them iron out the bugs first.

There is work to be done no doubt but while the game is new to us, remember that the beta testers have been cap'd since before it even realesed so it is prob time for a small bump i think.
    Hopefully they take their time an do it rite
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Nooooo!!!

Honestly as a F2p, I hope they don't increase the level cap that quickly as it allows me to farm more characters :smiley:

Don't shoot me or scold me please, I'm just sharing my thoughts :blush:
  • Terrible idea
    I'm against raising the cap unless the new and old content is actually polished. Otherwise it's just going to be another race to the cap and then people will start asking to raise it again because there's nothing to look forward to. CG really needs to release content that can scale.

From a players perspective, having the cap right now allows me to put my resources into accessing a wider range of characters rather than pouring all of it into 5 core characters, this will lead to a better meta game and variety in terms of builds and strategies.

Think about it, if they set the standard of raising the cap under 2 months from launch, all they will be doing is preparing for the next level cap raise instead of broadening out and polishing the game so that it has content that enables the players to develop their roster and a sense of achievement. If they want to run this game for the long haul, they should be focusing on deepening the gaming experience instead of raising the cap which will only keep people quiet for a few more weeks, and set the expectations that it will be raised again once people start complaining.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Honestly I don't even know why this is a poll, it's going to happen regardless of what people think, good or bad. All the stuff is already there in placeholders and stuff.. Look at some of the lvl 6 abilities or gear 8 stuff they all show requirements for things above our current cap...

The real question should really be are they going to raise the level cap beyond 70!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Terrible idea
    It's too soon to raise the level cap. Ild rather they finely tuned the game and increased AI efficiency for PvP. Ild prefer to use resources to acquire more characters than lvl up at the moment.
  • i think that by raising the cap now, youre just going to see more level 70 chewie, jc, lumi, sid, dooku teams instead of makng people unlock some of the other characters and exploring new synergies and strategies.
  • Of course we'd be wanting more credits.
    At 1.1 million or so from 1-60, and probably another 1.3-1.4 million (maybe? Didn't do the math exact) 61-70, this forum would be highly flammable if credit rewards weren't also increased.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Great idea
    I think it's a good idea in the future, but they should bring in a few more characters and make the current characters which are only p2p farmable. Other than that it's great, yay for more power
    Want to see @EA_Jesse opinion