Clutch Raid Characters for Each Phase

Which characters do you consider must-haves for each of the raid phases, or simply excellent for the raid overall? While PVP is of course still very important, upgrading and building up characters for the raids also appears to be of significant priority (GW taking a distant third in this regard).

Off the top of my head, based on my limited experience with Tiers V and VI:

OVERALL

Poe Dameron - taunt is an extremely valuable ability in the raids, both helping to reduce damage and divert attention away from Deathmarked characters or squishy cannons. Expose offers a nice damage bonus when you can get it. TMR, though it gets resisted a lot of the time, is also key for an extra few hits. Lastly, Offense Down is golden, improving survivability of a team by almost double, as even the fierce Rancor ends up helplessly tapping away while you pummel him with shots. Poe has all of these and substantial amount of HP/protection to whittle away.

Yoda - foresight all the time, at least when the raid enemy is above 50%. The ability to spread that foresight, and the all-important Tenacity Up, throughout the match. The ultimate support character for the raid.

Rey - just unbelievable damage output in every phase, bolstered by whatever support you've got running through the other characters on the team.

Phasma - Another excellent support choice. Her leader ability allows you to get some random hits in, and when that triggers a heavy-hitter like Rey or Leia you'll be happy for the luck. Victory March helps you take the initiative and the guaranteed crits are fantastic for the characters who can exploit it. Lastly, the various debuffs she doles out, speed down and defense down, are valuable in any phase, and especially in phase 2.

Ackbar/Ewok Elder/Rex - With all the annoying debuffs doled out over the raid phases, it really helps to have characters who can remove them quickly. These three also have separate value as healers and supporters, and are great to have in a team.

Fives - Just a really beefy character who helps whittle down the opposition, and another reliable source for that very important speed down debuff.

Thinking on Phase 1 to 4, eager to hear the opinions of the experts.

Replies

• Options
    Ackabar, HRS, GS, Fives, and Luminara are a great group for the 2nd and 3rd phases. You need someone to slow the Rancor in those phases (Fives) and a way to constantly hit via turn meter manipulation (HRS, AA). I like to keep a healer (Lumi) to get the punishment time longer, though once the 15 turns are up and he goes Enraged nothing can save you in my experience.

Ackabar is great for Phase One as well, as are Ewok Elder and Rex for debuff cleansing.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    chewbacca, ewok scout, tusken raider,teebo,qgj for turn meter reduction.(thanks for telling me this guildmates :) )

lobot if you want another debuff cleanser for phase 1.

sun fac is awesome in phase 1.Dispel on basic, heal upon dispel,taunt.

@Drew_Fornier you cannot draw fire away from deathmarked targets with a taunter. Deathmarked targets take priority over all other characters,even taunting ones.
    Post edited by Zekex on
  • Options
    Cheers Zekex. Of all toons, Teebo is not mentioned LOL.

By the way, all these tm reduction only work T6 and below. T7 is a different ball game.
  • Options
    @Zekex hmm. I've noticed that the taunter draws fire away from the deathmarked target in my games but that could just be wishful thinking. Next raid I'll test this to confirm.

Teebo's TM reduction is, in my experience, fairly unreliable due to the high tenacity of the raid enemies, or at least the Rancor. Great if you can get it, but I wouldn't make it the linchpin of your strategy.

My personal account of healers is that they're fine at T5 and below, but aren't as helpful in T6 due to the massive damage output of the raid enemies. Especially the Rancor, which is notorious for one-shotting characters who've lost some of their protection.

Agree with the other suggestions generally, especially Ackbar. Rex and Sun Fac are too difficult to obtain for F2P so I can't even consider them. :(
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My buddy rolls full ewoks and RG and does about 2.5 mil dmg on the guards ( t V raid). It's all turn meter manipulation and cleanses.
    He used ewoks and fives for last phase rancor, speed down and turn meter for 1 mil damage.

Everyone else just profits LOL
  • Crasky92
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Taunt does work to draw fire away from death marked...