swgoh.gg - Is it safe?

RamaGiizis
59 posts Member
edited May 2016
Hey guys!
Recently SWGOH.GG has been updated: now you can sync your roster with site's database providing your Player ID (not the ally code); is it safe to give away that kind of information?
An answer from the staff would be higly appreciated! @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_LucifersDaddy
Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
Post edited by Alita on

Replies

• We are using it and feel safe.

Additionally, there are a fair number of TI registered. If they are going to hack anyone's account, it will be them.
  • I don't know why you would want to put your stuff there anyway. I actually really dislike that people have the ability to see my roster.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Been confirmed safe by a dev on Reddit. Lol, nobody can steal your stuff with your playerID.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • I don't know why you would want to put your stuff there anyway. I actually really dislike that people have the ability to see my roster.

You mean you dislike that people can see your roster in game as well?
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    SWGOH.GG is produced by a member of Instinct. I would say the site is not malicious. I think @Naecabon could probably offer more insight into his comrades site!!!

It's good information though, very current, has all the protection stats!!!
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    I wouldn't think it would be unsafe, but what's the point of syncing your roster?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It's safe. Sep, a member of TI, created it. He also works for Curse, so he knows what he's doing. It's the best resource site out there for this game.
  • GizOne
    150 posts Member
    I don't know why you would want to put your stuff there anyway.

@cosmicturtle333 it's useful for my guild officers, to plan when we'll be ready to start a t7 raid, for example.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    GizOne wrote: »
    I don't know why you would want to put your stuff there anyway.

@cosmicturtle333 it's useful for my guild officers, to plan when we'll be ready to start a t7 raid, for example.

@GizOne This sounds like it would be useful for a guild's site, not a public one. Are there reasons it would be beneficial to someone to sync their rosters outside of guild usage?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    It's definitely worth syncing your account to the website and it's a much easier way to look at a guild member's roster. The in game UI is too clunky as usual..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • It's a fantastic site. Super informative, always up-to-date and easy to navigate. I always wondered do they profit from it? They must have a put a ton of work into it.
  • RamaGiizis
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't know why you would want to put your stuff there anyway. I actually really dislike that people have the ability to see my roster.
    You can sync your roster there and make it private: no one else would see it. For me, that's useful cause sometimes I like to plan ahead or theorycrafting but I don't wanna open the game just for it. (@cosmicturtle333 @StarSon)
    Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Throwing my 2cents out there.. Sep is a great guy and has made a great site. I wouldn't be worried at all about syncing your account.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Throwing my 2cents out there.. Sep is a great guy and has made a great site. I wouldn't be worried at all about syncing your account.
    +1
  • also, if you're worried about people seeing your roster, you can set it to private.
    Unlisted: Profile is viewable only by those with the link and is not included in public lists, guild lists and leaderboards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    only if your toons are g8

gotta have protection
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bluerock
    224 posts Member
    I can't prove anything, but I sync'd on swgoh.gg and now it burns when I pee.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Bluerock wrote: »
    I can't prove anything, but I sync'd on swgoh.gg and now it burns when I pee.

That's because you sit when you pee.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    This is a great addition to a great site.
  • Doesn't matter when it's java, and java is not iOS friendly. Also doesn't work when you can't synch your data. Tried three attempts with various "i" "I" "l" and "L". Needs to have a delete account selection. If I can't use it, I don't need it keeping a record of my email.
  • Do not Necro old posts. :/
This discussion has been closed.