Raid "Stop" Button

Kelthuzad
343 posts Member
edited May 2016
Dear Devs,
we tried our first T7 Raid today and we were astonished:

- 7 Members using 1 Team (DPS+Ackbar) was enough to get through Phase 1.
- We opened it for all Members using 1 Team / 1 Attempt each
(Of course 10-20% used a bit more, but the majority didn´t)
- We suddenly entered Phase 4 (32 Members participated) and now we had to hold off all members.
- We are an International Guild (a lot of dolphins and f2p, a few whales only that didnt even participate).
- We want to ensure everyone can participate and get a reward in the end.

T7 feels easier than T6 to be honest - but our biggest problem is: we could do it in 60-90 minutes with 30 Members only. We don´t want to be that fast, it shall be fun for >>everyone<<

Now my suggestion:

Could you perhaps implement a "freeze function", a "stop button" or sth similiar so the Guild Leader or his Officers could stop the Raid and "continue it" when our last members have a chance to join (or a general function we could activate ingame, like: 1 succesful attempt each 2-3 hours,...)?

This would help (international) Guilds a lot. And it would make our life much easier instead of hundreds of messages with members, shouting "STOP" and so on. We havent finished our Raid yet, all members are waiting since 5 hours for 2 people to wake up in the US. It was more work holding off our members killing Rancor than planning this raid. That was annoying.

Many Greetings
Kelthuzad

PS: for Guilds reading this - if you can do T6 within a day don´t be afraid of T7. Most of us are level 77 now, 80% toons are gear 8. I just used 2 Teams and in 2 attempts only 6 toons died. Watch "Team Instincts" Video and check some general information like the game plan of "Imperial Intelligence".
Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
Post edited by Kelthuzad on

Replies

• Options
    Or making it so that if a raid was completed in a certain amount of time (maybe within a few hours) everyone in the guild should get rewards.
  • Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to add weekly guild contribution and guild shop currency made to the DPS for a total raid score then some of this issue would be solved ,they wouldnt get to dps the raid but they still would get an reward
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Dear Devs! I still hope you do read this, and may i please add something to my "Raid Stop Button" in Raids? There is something i really do not understand at all, so let me explain this please.

We are one guild, consisting of all kind of players from all over the world. Our common goal is finishing a Raid - why would i need a guild else? So yes, either you need all guild members to have strong rosters, or you need a few Whales and Dolphins to finish T7 phase 4. But why do WE have to limit battles for everyone? Why do WE have to hold off members doing another attempt for hours (so everyone has a chance to participate and hopefully do a good dmg attempt in phase 1-3)? Why do WE have to wait for all members to join the raid - really complicated if 1 or 2 parts of the world are normally sleeping or wake up soon? Whales and Dolphins in general finish
    top10 - and they get more currency, more credits and more shards at the end of a raid. Isn´t it honourable enough being the first on your "internal" raid leaderboard? Why do Whales who do not care about spending a few hundred bucks for a new char or a few hundred bucks for buying credits - why do they have to get most credits in the end? Why are guild members who couldn´t participate in time (yes, some have a real life and might be off for a day or two) not rewarded a bit? Hey, i mean they worked for the guild, they contributed, spend their energy, did what they could. Why are they punished for missing a raid? There is so much discussion in all guilds, so many things we have to organize ourselves outside the game - this game has turned into a half-time job if you are leading a guild. Wasn´t it supposed to be a mobile game? Right now i am sitting in front of my PC, trying to communicate with my guild members via discord, because it would rob more and more hours a day on top trying to explain and manage everything on my phone. Don´t get me wrong, doing a Raid is really fun for all - but please rethink your participation and reward system.

It is teamwork - please reward us as a team
    I wouldn´t mind if the top 3 or 10 in a guild get a few more shards and salvages, but couldn´t you reward everyone in a guild and not only the ones that participated? And couldn´t you perhaps reward all of us with the same amount of credits and currency? Do top 3 guys in a guild or whales in general really need more credits? Or wouldn´t f2p guys ending up on the last spots be really happy about getting the same amount of credits as Whales? We all did what we could, we all worked for the guild so we can launch raids. But the ones who are really strong right now will get even stronger. The ones that are only f2p will get weaker and weaker compared to top players. The ones that couldn´t participate are really sad. Once a raid is launched WE are forced to organize it - but it´s really hard to keep an eye on everything and if we want to be succesful as a guild everyone has to discipline himself/herself, or we have to hold off everyone. Gents, it is a mobile game. People would like to log in and have fun and not feel like "Big Brother is watching you" - and we as guild leaders do not want to be "Sauron´s Eye", watching every step member do during a raid. Let everyone enjoy this game, let them do their attempts, and reward all guild members as a team - even the ones missing. Let whales be whales and they can go bananas, let free to play and hobby gamers miss a raid - but reward them (if you can´t change it to same rewards for all maybe reward them a little bit. Again, give us something like a "Raid Stop Button" (so we can stop the raid, wait for missing members and open it again for them, afterwards stop it again until official ALL IN for all) - this would also be good preventing selfish people of "pre-working" and dealing damage to the Rancor. Because once we shout "ALL IN" they just finish their battle in seconds and start with a next team. Also something really annoying. But we can´t do anything against it - we would need a stop funtion to prevent people doing this. Our fault? No. Your fault? No. But you could help us making it more enjoyable for all without US leaders being like NSA, tracking everything.

Just another thought: if member couldn´t join the raid - wouldn´t it perhaps be possible we could somehow "sign up" for the next raid in time? Or could a guild leader (having enough guild bank coins) start a kind of pre-raid? He choses an official starting time, for example in "2,4,6,8,10,12 hours" - now everyone has at least time to "sign up", and if he or she misses his attempt later on they are listed in the end and get a reward?
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly, earning coins for raid is teamwork of all members, there is no reason why it should be "stolen" by few players which complete raid before others have even chance to particiate in it, so no reward for them,even if they wated to take part.
    Lets give last position reward to all members which didnt paeticipiated in raid, if they pass certain contribution in coins to prevent giving it to freeloaders.