Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• aGlint
    54 posts Member
    kind of sickening that there is no announcement about these changes, all the time and $$$ to build a squad to realize your squad no longer has even a remote chance......
  • TooL
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm not leveling useless toons anymore for a neutered yoda...6* is it
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • I'm done playing this game.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Yoda was ridiculously hard at 70. A lot of us went through hell to get him. It is only reasonable that he is scaled with he current level cap and gears.

Really not helpful.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Yoda was ridiculously hard at 70. A lot of us went through hell to get him. It is only reasonable that he is scaled with he current level cap and gears.

Why. It's not like you can go back and play earlier levels with him. Once you beat a stage that's it. So why should he get harder? Everyone that has him 7 starred now didn't have to do this.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    Well it must get very unique to each person then because I have those five guys level 78 level eight gear or higher and I can't even put a dent.
  • Arrowest
    11 posts Member
    Just did on my third try.
    Yoda came with JKG and old Ben.

My team was:
    76 VIII Barris lead
    76 VIII JC
    76 VIII Eth Koth
    77 IX Luminara
    77 IX QGJ

None of my toons have omega abilities, all maxed at 7
    I went for JKG first, then Ooda and last old Ben. By the time i killed JKG, Yoda killed Eth Koth, than JC and Barris died right before yoda. QGJ and Lumi took old ben easily after that.
  • He was bad last one, before they adjusted it. I wager they will again. Sadly I had to beat the gremlin before they adjusted.

It took me many tries. Evasion lead is your best bet. I tried Lumi and Tano both, I found Lumi better. If you have Ben he'd be best lead I think based on my experience.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    with some rng, yoda is ok.
    ECW6cqm.jpg

QGJ at 78, lumi at 76, barriss at 75, eeth koth and jc both at 70. only qgj was gear X, the rest were at gear VIII.

None of my characters were omega-ed and that includes QGJ.

Ignored eeth koth, attacked barriss and yoda.
  • This is just very grrrrrrrrrr...not cool
  • Yoda was ridiculously hard at 70. A lot of us went through hell to get him. It is only reasonable that he is scaled with he current level cap and gears.

Not true. You got the benefit of getting Yoda earlier. Others have been waiting ever since the first time the event came out to get Yoda to seven stars. It has been a waste of time and energy, and it has rendered the content useless. Who cares if you can fight Yoda when there is no possible way to win? I am honestly glad that I have stopped paying money for this game over two months ago. It just gets worse and worse. There is never an improvement or a good change to the game.

Yoda was hard at level 70, it only makes sense that if you put in more time and energy to get to even higher levels, that the event should get easier. What is the point of leveling up, if the difficulty stays the same?
  • This is ridiculous. I've worked on maxing 5 Jedi at the expense of gearing up my arena team, only to find 7* Yoda is impossible to obtain (I'm level 77, all Jedi are lvl 77, gear 8 & 9). I'm getting 2 shotted by Yoda with Barriss (L), QGJ, Lumi, Con and Eeth. Heals can't keep up.

EA, many of your players have waited so long to unlock Yoda and you throw this rubbish at them. If you want people to quit in frustration this is the way to do it.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    I don't think they raised the difficulty on Yoda, actually he is slower than he was last time around. I beat him in about 30 minutes today.

Yes it takes some luck, if they focus down a toon you are toast. But if you can take out the adds and still have 5 toons you should be in great shape to beat him.

Personally I say though don't even bother if you draw qgj lumi or old Ben for his allies
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Well, I think this is deja vu! The forums were in an uproar at level 70 because yoda was extremely hard at 7 stars. Now he has been adjusted to the current level cap and guess what, he is extremely hard. The thing is a lot of the people didn't ever attempt him at 7 stars last time so they don't know how truly difficult he is. Then you have some people who were prepared and researched the fight and have had no trouble beating him at this level. Just like last time.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    He apparently self-heals as well. I brought him down to red with a few hits to go and he self-healed back to green within two moves. Not really sure if this is even possible now... this is only on tier 6.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I don't think anyone is allowed to complain until they have done at least 100 tries as that is how hard it was originally. If it can be done by L75 Jedi gear Viii then that would be very fair. If it's l80 gear Viii still fair. If it needs gear ix then that makes it less accessible than before.

I'm glad they didn't leave it as is or it would have been boring.

It sounds like people finishing it are mod way through the 70s in gear Viii.
  • DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Mika wrote: »
    Just got 7* Yoda in my first attempt with Barriss, QGJ, JC, Ahsoka and Lumi and it didn't seem to be hard at all. Yoda was way slower than I thought he would be and didn't even hit that hard. He was with Mace and Plo Koon which I totally ignored and just attacked Yoda

What are your guys levels and what order did you use them in?

I used the same team as Mika.

I'm level 78 but most of my team was under 70. All G8 except QGJ who is G9.

He had Lumi and Anakin with him. They were really just a distraction. Killed Lumi very quickly and then got rid of Anakin. Just had to keep myself healed up at all times because he does hit hard. He also steals Lumi's heal over time so if you can avoid using that do it. I had to use it so just made the fight longer.

He did kill JC, and then Ahsoka with one shot. They were the two lowest level though.
  • He can 1 shot 7 star Tier 8 Ahsoka & Jedi Consular and pretty 2 shot everyone else including Barriss. Also as someone else mentioned you pretty can't use your heal with Luminara or he'll steal it and give it to his whole team. I can barely kill 1 add before my whole team is dead.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Salamiwami wrote: »
    Meh, I didn't think it was that bad. Got him on the third try. QJG and Lumi both level 77 plus Eeth, Barriss, and JC only 70.

What gear level were you at. This is basicly what I'm going in with with Ashoka instead of Jc
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member

Yoda was hard at level 70, it only makes sense that if you put in more time and energy to get to even higher levels, that the event should get easier. What is the point of leveling up, if the difficulty stays the same?

EXACTLY THIS!!!!
  • To the ppl that are killing his adds first, how is yoda not slicing your guys up in the mean time?? He 2 hits anyone on my team who are all gear 8. Levels 78-72
  • This is absolutely ridiculous. I cannot express how frustrating it is to be close to 7* last month, look forward to getting it this month and then be completely screwed over with ridiculous buffs. Buffing 7* I understand, but to this extent and without a heads up? Just plain unfair
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    My answer is yes, it's a no.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Yoda is a reward for a challenge. The difficulty has increased, because player power increased with the level cap, this is to keep him a challenge. If they didn't want Yoda to be a challenge, they'd let you farm him in LS/DS/Cantina.

Players are clearly beating him, it is not impossible. it seems like he is as hard as he was at level 70.

if they reduced his speed, they probably nerfed the overall difficulty of the event.
  • Kinnick
    83 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    EA be like

"Good, good. Let the hate flow through you."
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    This is the same bull from EA, sell us on a character then nerf him and make him near impossible to get.

I don't mind a challenge but this increase in even 6 star difficulty is UNACCEPTABLE

He is only obtainable once a month and to buff him this much that most can't beat him is ridiculous. Thanks for making me feel like I wasted time 7 starring Jedi for nothing.

This is why people hate the devs is over stuff like this that is a complete surprise to us. Add in the terrible raid reward system and @CG_JohnSalera is slowly killing this game by screwing up one good feature at a time. Every time they take one step forward they screw up 4 more to keep progressively making this game worse ...
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    I was suprised to have beat 7* Yoda on the first attempt.
    His allies were Mace and Plo.
    My team was Barriss, Lumi, JC, Qui Gon and Ashoka (who was the mvp and last Jedi standing).
    Just focused on Yoda until dead, then Mace, then Plo.
    Yoda killed Barris during the fight, but Mace was a bigger problem, killing Lumi, JC and Qui Gon.
    Ashoka finished off Mace and won a close 1 v 1 duel against Plo
  • Crooked bar stewards
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • SRG
    17 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Well, I think this is deja vu! The forums were in an uproar at level 70 because yoda was extremely hard at 7 stars. Now he has been adjusted to the current level cap and guess what, he is extremely hard. The thing is a lot of the people didn't ever attempt him at 7 stars last time so they don't know how truly difficult he is. Then you have some people who were prepared and researched the fight and have had no trouble beating him at this level. Just like last time.

The main problem is not about the difficulty (probably the same than before) but about the cost !

It is wayyy more expensive to level up 5 jedis at level 80 (or around) than to level up 5 jedis at level 70.
    That's totally unfair for ppl not having been ready last times (for ex. because they are new players).
  • Arrowest
    11 posts Member
    Macellis wrote: »
    To the ppl that are killing his adds first, how is yoda not slicing your guys up in the mean time?? He 2 hits anyone on my team who are all gear 8. Levels 78-72

I had lumi heal first, then deffued yoda with QGJ when he stole the healing. After that i used barris healing, and consular's to keep my toons alive.
This discussion has been closed.