Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Salamiwami wrote: »
    Meh, I didn't think it was that bad. Got him on the third try. QJG and Lumi both level 77 plus Eeth, Barriss, and JC only 70.

What gear level were you at. This is basicly what I'm going in with with Ashoka instead of Jc

Only QGJ is level 9 gear with an omega on his basic. Everyone else is gear 8 with Eeth barely any purples on his skills. Got Anakin and Lumi and just took them out while constantly healing whenever I needed to.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes, he took 2 moves to take down JC. They got me spending crystals to get my final 2 Jedi to 7* and now they laughing while that 7* Yoda meditates just out of reach.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, I get it now... now that Lumi's "heal every 2 turns" is a status effect, when yoda steals this from a character he will do exactly that. be careful not to use lumi's heal until immediately after yoda does his status effect steal special.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    He is doable! No need to panic! lol
  • Options
    Just got lucky on this, and got my 7* Yoda. Here's what I had and did - maybe it'll help others?

Team all at 78 and all at 7*, all abilities maxed with purples (no omegas):

IGD (Lead) Gear 9
    QGJ Gear 8
    Lumi Gear 8
    JC Gear 8
    Askoka Gear 8

Focussed on Yoda until he died (got lucky with quite of few counters thanks to IGD's lead).

Then did Mace and finally JC.

This was my tenth attempt. I think getting Mace and JC on Yoda's team was the biggest help because they were both pretty lame.
  • Options
    I got him too. You folks complain too much.
  • Ravenclaw1974
    152 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The reason I'm saying he isn't fair right now is only whales gave level 80 toons right now and enough omega Mats to level a full team. But they don't have to worry because they've already got 7* Yoda back when he was way weaker than now. And for those that are saying they beat him 2nd or 3rd time now I'm tired of it. Screen shot or not I can always put a screen shot of an old photo up. Yoda is one hit killing my level 77 toons and Jesus even JC used his special and hit me for 12k damage and my toons all have gear 8.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever level and power Yoda was at when he was first introduced should be the exact same. So what if you can get more powerful now. That's your reward for building up your team.

It should take exactly the same power level of toons to beat him now as it did last month.
  • Darken26
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Three spectate heals
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    If they want to make him more powerful, then add new levels.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @Yudoka My guys are 75 G8 Barris, 78 G10 QGJ, 76 G8 Lumi, 75 G8 JC, and 71 G8 Eeth Koth
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    I just completed 7* event with Bariss(L), QGJ, Lumi, JC and Mace, all lvl 77. Nuked his JC first, then Jedi Guardian and finally Yoda. Do not use Lumi heal.

Don't give up guys. It is possible.

/A
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    Options
    actually, it's best not to use lumi's heal at all, he's too quick and will always manage to steal the health up from someone. back to the drawing board... maybe next month.
  • Options
    Never mind just got him. Took 7 tries going against a Barriss team, Fisto was the 3rd. Glad to be done!
    Who I am is not important, my message is. - Revan
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    On the bright side at least now I can stop wasting time and energy on Mace and eeth.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I got him too. You folks complain too much.

My experience isn't your experience, therefore you aren't entitled to express your opinions about your experience...

Nice contribution.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Options
    I feel like Yoda is impossible. Anybody been able to beat the new one?
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The reason I'm saying he isn't fair right now is only whales gave level 80 toons right now and enough omega Mats to level a full team. But they don't have to worry because they've already got 7* Yoda back when he was way weaker than now. And for those that are saying they beat him 2nd or 3rd time now I'm tired of it. Screen shot or not I can always put a screen shot of an old photo up. Yoda is one hit killing my level 77 toons and Jesus even JC used his special and hit me for 12k damage and my toons all have gear 8.

Except the screenshots are showing level 90 yoda/eeth koth
  • Options
    just wanted to add my voice of frustration. I have all L75 gear 8 and I'm getting absolutely beat down by Yoda. As others have said I've focused on building up my jedi crew just for this event, its pretty disappointing to feel like its not possible this time around. maybe with L80 gear 9s.........
  • Saturn74
    78 posts Member
    Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Yoda was ridiculously hard at 70. A lot of us went through hell to get him. It is only reasonable that he is scaled with he current level cap and gears.

Why. It's not like you can go back and play earlier levels with him. Once you beat a stage that's it. So why should he get harder? Everyone that has him 7 starred now didn't have to do this.

Well yes and that's what makes it an unfair advantage
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just really aggravated that I've spent all this **** money on this game for my characters to be killed in two hits!!! On raid VI ...... even my guild mates are shocked that my guys are dying in two hits.... Either fix this problem or give them all my money back!!! just sick of this
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @LordYinepu

I agree no more money here this is utter rubbish. Yes I see a few posted that they got lucky and beat him but with a full squad of lvl 78 or 80 characters ... So now I have to level eeth who is worthless otherwise to 80? You want my crystals to buy credits ... NO!

Again this is the kind of stuff the devs are doing that is ruining this game
  • Bartem
    45 posts Member
    Options
    he hits 8k and 13k on crit. His help is strong too, jedi guardian hits 5k... by the time i kill 1 support, i'm missing half of my team

Lumi (L)
    JC
    Ahsoka
    Eeth
    QGJ
  • Options
    I had no problem taking down yoda today so all of these posts are slightly confusing. I heard some people attempted to defeat yoda in 100 tries with no success last go so I was dreading it. On my 3rd attempt I faced Yoda, Anakin, and Plo Koon and easily beat them with the following team:
    1) Lumi (Lead) lvl 71 gear 8
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9
  • Options
    I'm only attempting the 6* yoda challenge. Yes, my jedi aren't great (lumi, Ahsoka, anakin, JC, QGJ) but the difficulty level is impossible. Jedi don't have the highest health and yoda is hitting for 10k, taking several turns per in succession (even without killing someone) constantly has foresight and is then dodging when he hasn't!

All the pain, energy, time, resources and money spent levelling jedi that I won't use apart from this challenge and EA blindside us by making him close to impossible to beat without the 'right' jedi.

All I can say is this reminds me of when the tank challenge got fudged up and Mace turned into He-man that had just eaten superman.

Not saying I want the challenge to be easy but it should be possible with any 5 jedi but it seems no barriss - no joy
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Yoda is level 90 with gear of like 500 or something for the 7* battle. It seems that he is unattainable...
  • Scarz
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I'm have level 77/78 jedi...all level 8 and 9 and I'm getting completely destroyed...
    Gonna have to have a 80 team all 9 and 10 to even have a chance.

Thanks for putting that carrot there for the last month...getting me to go after it only to take it away and punching me in the f'ing teeth for going after it. Great way to keep people playing.
  • Saturn74
    78 posts Member
    Options
    This is terrible I can't even last 3 rounds and my debuffs don't work and my mace exposing an openly never works when it's a 60% chance
  • BobaMarley
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    From my point of view, they need to nerf Yoda immediately. Those able to acquire Yoda before had a much easier time doing so. In order to have a team get to the level needed prior to the adjustment, it wasn't too hard. Now you need to spend obscene amounts of crystals to even come close. I will provide examples.

To level up a character to 70 cost hundreds of thousands less energy. Now to get to level 80 you have to invest crazy amounts of energy to do so. That 595 crystal energy pack is enough to level up one toon. That same pack leveled a toon up 3-4 levels when only trying to obtain level 70.

Also the gear levels. Once in gear level 8, it requires raid rewards or you to purchase the gear for hundreds of crystals in the shops, but you need 50 of said gear. It is super time consuming, and likely a year long effort to gear a toon up to 9 if you don't spend money.

I spent around $400 on this game, and focused on only my jedi squad for the past 2 months. I cannot get the level 6 Yoda to past halfway. That is unacceptable. I am sorry. I have given this game the benefit of the doubt, but this is ridiculous. I can go buy Star Wars Battlefront for under $60 or any other full game. I'd like to hear other opinions, especially those opposed to mine.

You may tell me that the game needs a lot of money from us to survive, however EA has an extensive amount of extra servers, it can't be too expensive to produce a game like this, and the amount they are making back is insane. Battlefront cost a lot more to produce, yet they sell you the ENTIRE GAME and DLC for under $100.

Now add in the fact that every time we get close you could just make the event even harder to fit to the new level caps that are inevitably coming. This is horrible EA, just horrible.
  • Petrozza
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I can't even win at tier 6 :D My team is not perfect for this event (no Barris, no QGJ, no all maxed) but people said that this level was easy :(

Well, at least I have the little green ball :/
This discussion has been closed.