Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    BoboFoot wrote: »
    If all of his attacks were doing the damage you are stating, he'd be impossible to kill.

Clearly this isn't the case.

Trust me i am trying him since over 10hours and this is the damage he does... the only chance you have is when he never crits, never attacks the same person twice and in the best case you dodge 5 attacks of him in a row.

I killed him yesterday in about 20-25 attempts. He didn't regularly hit for over 10k.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Nice JediMasterCK! It's doable, u just have to be tactical and keep trying. Glad I didn't play with these forum whiners back in my vanilla/BC WoW days.
  • Stop crying and keep trying, it took me about a zillion attempts but I did manage to beat 7* yoda challenge and trust me it feels so good XD
  • Pjbno4
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I had a lot of trouble yesterday with similar team, subbing mace & ashoka for ek & barriss. To beat him, I had to rely on weak guards, and getting really lucky on whom he decided to attack.

The only strategy I learned while doing it was to use lumis heal over time whenever available, instead of strategically to heal. The effect was twofold: it caused Yoda to use his aoe, which spread the damage, which was easier to recover from. It also let qgj use humbling blow to give everyone offense up. Without the offense up, I just couldn't hit hard enough to make an impact.
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Barriss would certainly help
  • I've run the challenge maybe 60 times so far with no luck. Not sure how much longer I will stick with it. I understand the people saying it is supposed to be challenging, but there's a reason that the majority of video game players don't play games on an "insane" difficulty setting. They are playing to be entertained, not aggravated. Beating a level after 300 tries does not lead to elation, just annoyance at the time wasted. Mobile games that require dozens or hundreds of tries to clear a level end up getting deleted off my phone. I'm looking at you Angry Birds. :)
  • Tohopka
    97 posts Member
    I tried *6 Yoda several times before I called it a night and played SW:ToR instead. Tried twice getting ready for work and nada.
    Might be my line up though or the level of 4 of my 6 Jedi's. I'll post who I have when I go home. I play on tablet and purposely leave it at home.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    PixieClock wrote: »
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    PixieClock wrote: »
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    I'd love to know what "He is now affected by protection" means.

And this is one reason why the whole protection mechanic is broken.

Its the same protection you get.. go into stats for any gear VII character, look at protection its not more damage its like a shield...

Just admit that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't think he's even played it this time around. I guess he just likes trolling. Sigh.

Not only did I play it I BEAT it.. just because YOU are having a hard time does NOT conclude the event is broken, maybe they need to have a special ed Yoda event for you..

Yes, we all get it. You're better than us. That's why you have to come flame on a message board. You're so awesome.
  • From someone that got Yoda before the update yes it is now much harder now and in my eyes a joke. Now A 5 star yoda sucks with a 7 star team. So why does someone spend all there time if they cant use him. If you watch any videos that was before the update he hit with a max power of 2500 to 4000 now its 4500 to 7500. It put A bigger gap between new people and ones that have been playing for months.
  • Tuln wrote: »
    Still best way to beat Yoda I've seen:

Retreat until he has Barriss and another weak Jedi. Kill the weak Jedi. Get Barriss to <5% health. Wait until she equalizes. Watch Yoda lose half his health. Repeat. Yoda is now at 25% health. Kill Barriss. Kill Yoda. Collect 7* Yoda.

Many in my guild were struggling with the event until I told them this. Now they've all finished. Think outside of the box and profit.

This doesn't always work, though. Depending on who you have, it takes forever to take out the other jedi add. And once I did that, I could never get Barriss to use her heal a second time. Plus all the time lost to restarting finding the perfect combination. Yes, it can work, but it isn't necessarily the best way, it really depends on who you have in your squad.
  • When I did the 7 Star thing yesterday, I used Lumi's heal when I was killing the first side kick. I did not care if Yoda stole it because he was already at full health. So big deal let him have it. After the first side kick was down, the number of attacks on your decreases to the point where you can time Lumi's heal to the point where you can use Mace to remove the effect and then Yoda does not have it anymore.
  • I'm giving EA a ton of flak over this Yoda debacle but someone is going to have to explain to me how May the 4th got messed up. I just remember getting a ton of double rewards without issue.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    1. Use Lumi heal ONLY after Yoda used his masterstroke!
    2. Use QGJ humbling blow on Yoda, ONLY after Yoda used his masterstroke!
    3. Timing is the key.
    4. Good luck! May the force be with you!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Hendiju wrote: »
    Bariss and QGJ are OP?

Bariss is super OP. She can HEAL THROUGH immunity!!! and, even more OP when shes with QGJ and he uses his assist attack he ALWAYS calls her. Those 1500 crits are crippling the enemy. It's just not fair.

^This right here, BEST synergy in the game. Forget everything else you can beat Yoda with just QGJ and Barriss
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
    Im not even going to go through all the frustration everyone seems to be having
  • If you have an Omega QGJ you should be using normal attacks the entire fight. Made the fight much easier by limiting his turns.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Didnt seem all that hard to me...
  • 2000. Still don't have him. Maybe it's because I don't have 7* jedi. No its the game that is wrong.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    If you don't count the times I retreated I beat Yoda on my 5th actual fight with him, otherwise it's probably around 30
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Make the adds 83 and Yoda 85 and this might actually be fun. Right now it's not at all.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I think the problem here is moving the goalposts, if you want something more challenging for players then create a new challenge, don't adjust something which people were expecting. It's snidy backhanded and not really cricket

It has been stated by EA_Jesse that they didn't move the goal posts. Nothing changed really other than slowing down Yoda and protection. It was this hard at 70 (probably harder).

Are you that dumb that you believe nothing changed.

Let me use jc as an example to see that it is harder now than last time.

His health is 11322 and protection is 5200. Ok last time around Jedi didnt have protection, so health is a little over 11.3. Yoda did 3500-7000 depending if he crit. So if he crit your jc is now at 4000 health, so one more crit he would be dead but a regular hit he could survive. Now yoda is hitting 7000-14000 depending on crit. If he crits your jc health is 2000 so now a regular hit can kill him. Meaning he is doing more damage than protection gained.

Also, you need to take into account that the last update with protection added also nerfed every characters offense and heal, so now you characters are doing less damage. Let's do some math for you so you can understand, if I have a character that would do 4200 crit damage over 10 hits if he crit that is 42,000 damage done. Now after last update he crits at 2500, so those same 10 turns do 25,000 damage a net loss of 17,000 damage done. That could be a difference in him surviving or dying. Also, heals do less because guess what they were nerfed also. And you say get better, well that jc is currently being blocked to getting to gear9 because he needs a raid piece and the lack of omegas. Last time around everybody had a full set of max toons with offense and gear. This time they don't.

So, yep it hasn't changed yoda does more damage per hit that makes protection useless and your toons are doing less damage that lets yoda and others last hits longer. And if it didn't change a level 70 toon with gear 8 and all attacks of 7 should be able to beat him with a little struggle, but that is not the case, you need the toons to be 74-75 in most cases. What is that around million credits spent on getting them from 70-75. Almost the same amount it would have taken to get those same toons from 1-70.

This game is trying to be an mmo, most mmo's don't raise old challenge activities levels with level updates, they add new content. So yea it is possible to beat, but when someone has to attempt is a 100x and need rng on their side to win, it's a screwed up event. Also, everybody says it was hard last time, I sure don't remember the thread on it getting over 800 posts in less than a day. So, again that shows something is wrong.

• First try, but I had developed a strategy off what people in my guild were saying. Got Yoda, Fisto, and JC.

Omega QGJ was the key, hit Yoda with normal attacks all fight. Used three healers, Lumi only after Yoda did his special. Used Ahsoka for healing not damage. Lvl 77 with one 70. Gear eight with one gear nine.

Bariss lead, Lumi, QGJ, Ahsoka, JC.
  • Did everyone forget who Yoda is? Yoda is the Grand F'n Master! I find it hilarious to see that everyone is so upset about their inability to get yoda 6* or 7* or even just 5*. The whole point is not everyone should or will ever have Yoda, it's that simple. It's a prestigious character much like the new Han Solo toon, not just some JC that everyone gets. I'm not free to play, but I'm not even close to being a whale either, I just love this game and play the hell out of it and my efforts have paid off. I read people crying about how their Jedi Consular is getting roflstomped every time and I just think "who still uses consular at level 75?" Listen up people, Ahsoka and QGJ and Eath are all easy to obtain, and yes Yoda is harder than ever, but it IS possible, just not for everyone. Accept your failure and move on, stop blaming the Dev's and stop saying its broken just because its challenging.
  • I just dont get why yoda is a level 90 and omega and if he always was why didnt they let ya know how hard it was gunna be...i was so focused on getting 5 jedi to level 7 didnt care which jedi they were now it seems u need certain ones to beat and even then its with luck...yoda should be a level 80 with 2 level 80 thugs and double purple thats what i planned for not level 90 omega with a ridic turn meter...killin me
  • Nah_Olos
    20 posts Member
    I would say I'm in the low side of 50+ actual fights...

He was a real pain the backside.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    All his autos are doing 7-8k, meaning THEY START AT 7K! He crits for 11k on auto and for more than 13k on his unstoppable force! This was clearly NOT the case pre-fortitude, there are plenty of videos on youtube!

Listen to me, because you are doing the EXACT SAME MISTAKE as you did when you made the challenges a lot harder! Most of the people were complaining, the only people that were not and that said 'i like a challenge', much like now, already had all the 'right' characters to complete those challenges and they were leveled up and geared up too! These are the same people now and you are doing the same mistake all over again!

Please LOWER THE DIFFICULTY on the Yoda event and do it now! Because the challenge says '5 Jedis' it does not say that you need Barriss/Ashoka to complete it ok? So either lower the difficulty, or simply replace my Mace WIndu and Eeth Koth With Barriss and Ashoka, because the only reason i farmed for them is for this event alone!
  • JediJay000
    129 posts Member
    edited May 2016

RAYRAY wrote:

» show previous quotes

It has been stated by EA_Jesse that they didn't move the goal posts. Nothing changed really other than slowing down Yoda and protection. It was this hard at 70 (probably harder).
    Are you that dumb that you believe nothing changed.

Let me use jc as an example to see that it is harder now than last time.

His health is 11322 and protection is 5200. Ok last time around Jedi didnt have protection, so health is a little over 11.3. Yoda did 3500-7000 depending if he crit. So if he crit your jc is now at 4000 health, so one more crit he would be dead but a regular hit he could survive. Now yoda is hitting 7000-14000 depending on crit. If he crits your jc health is 2000 so now a regular hit can kill him. Meaning he is doing more damage than protection gained.

Also, you need to take into account that the last update with protection added also nerfed every characters offense and heal, so now you characters are doing less damage. Let's do some math for you so you can understand, if I have a character that would do 4200 crit damage over 10 hits if he crit that is 42,000 damage done. Now after last update he crits at 2500, so those same 10 turns do 25,000 damage a net loss of 17,000 damage done. That could be a difference in him surviving or dying. Also, heals do less because guess what they were nerfed also. And you say get better, well that jc is currently being blocked to getting to gear9 because he needs a raid piece and the lack of omegas. Last time around everybody had a full set of max toons with offense and gear. This time they don't.

So, yep it hasn't changed yoda does more damage per hit that makes protection useless and your toons are doing less damage that lets yoda and others last hits longer. And if it didn't change a level 70 toon with gear 8 and all attacks of 7 should be able to beat him with a little struggle, but that is not the case, you need the toons to be 74-75 in most cases. What is that around million credits spent on getting them from 70-75. Almost the same amount it would have taken to get those same toons from 1-70.

This game is trying to be an mmo, most mmo's don't raise old challenge activities levels with level updates, they add new content. So yea it is possible to beat, but when someone has to attempt is a 100x and need rng on their side to win, it's a screwed up event. Also, everybody says it was hard last time, I sure don't remember the thread on it getting over 800 posts in less than a day. So, again that shows something is

^^^Like^^
  • I just got 6* yoda, and there's no way I'll get him to 7* this time around, but I was wondering if I should continue leveling Ashoka for the event next time or forget her and level Barriss, and if Barriss who should I go for in cantina shipments. I have 7* qgj 6* Ashoka 4* boba
  • Stop swearing.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Take a hike!
This discussion has been closed.