Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wolviebane wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I think the problem here is moving the goalposts, if you want something more challenging for players then create a new challenge, don't adjust something which people were expecting. It's snidy backhanded and not really cricket

It has been stated by EA_Jesse that they didn't move the goal posts. Nothing changed really other than slowing down Yoda and protection. It was this hard at 70 (probably harder).

Are you that dumb that you believe nothing changed.

Let me use jc as an example to see that it is harder now than last time.

His health is 11322 and protection is 5200. Ok last time around Jedi didnt have protection, so health is a little over 11.3. Yoda did 3500-7000 depending if he crit. So if he crit your jc is now at 4000 health, so one more crit he would be dead but a regular hit he could survive. Now yoda is hitting 7000-14000 depending on crit. If he crits your jc health is 2000 so now a regular hit can kill him. Meaning he is doing more damage than protection gained.

Also, you need to take into account that the last update with protection added also nerfed every characters offense and heal, so now you characters are doing less damage. Let's do some math for you so you can understand, if I have a character that would do 4200 crit damage over 10 hits if he crit that is 42,000 damage done. Now after last update he crits at 2500, so those same 10 turns do 25,000 damage a net loss of 17,000 damage done. That could be a difference in him surviving or dying. Also, heals do less because guess what they were nerfed also. And you say get better, well that jc is currently being blocked to getting to gear9 because he needs a raid piece and the lack of omegas. Last time around everybody had a full set of max toons with offense and gear. This time they don't.

So, yep it hasn't changed yoda does more damage per hit that makes protection useless and your toons are doing less damage that lets yoda and others last hits longer. And if it didn't change a level 70 toon with gear 8 and all attacks of 7 should be able to beat him with a little struggle, but that is not the case, you need the toons to be 74-75 in most cases. What is that around million credits spent on getting them from 70-75. Almost the same amount it would have taken to get those same toons from 1-70.

This game is trying to be an mmo, most mmo's don't raise old challenge activities levels with level updates, they add new content. So yea it is possible to beat, but when someone has to attempt is a 100x and need rng on their side to win, it's a screwed up event. Also, everybody says it was hard last time, I sure don't remember the thread on it getting over 800 posts in less than a day. So, again that shows something is wrong.

Ok, no need to call me dumb because I basically said what the representative for EA said. I don't get why people think it's ok to personally insult people on this forum. I would imagine the posts are higher this time because more people are playing the game? I don't know the numbers for sure but there were literally dozens of threads with hundreds of posts saying the same things back when this event first came out. I think the difference is moderation. The "megathread" is a relatively new concept that came about after the first time Yoda was here. Seriously, keep trying, if you have a decent team, follow some common strats and get good RNG you can beat it!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Please LOWER THE DIFFICULTY on the Yoda event and do it now! Because the challenge says '5 Jedis' it does not say that you need Barriss/Ashoka to complete it ok? So either lower the difficulty, or simply replace my Mace WIndu and Eeth Koth With Barriss and Ashoka, because the only reason i farmed for them is for this event alone!

5 7* jedi is a requirement to attempt not the fight, not a confirmation that you'll succeed. If you farmed the wrong Jedi, how are EA responsible for that. I was there for the first Yoda event. I thought what I wanted in terms of Jedi to beat him at 7* and I got those characters and it worked. I didn't spend any IRL cash to do that, which means anyone else can also do it if they think, plan and prepare.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Please LOWER THE DIFFICULTY on the Yoda event and do it now! Because the challenge says '5 Jedis' it does not say that you need Barriss/Ashoka to complete it ok? So either lower the difficulty, or simply replace my Mace WIndu and Eeth Koth With Barriss and Ashoka, because the only reason i farmed for them is for this event alone!
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Also, those challenges with protection were slow but they weren't hard.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    Ive done it with Lumi,qgj,eeth,ashoka and jc
    But and again but,it took me over hundred times to make it
    Spent over 10hrs till 5am to do it
    Its no tactics or skills ,just pure luck
    He had Mace and Barris,i took out Mace then moved on Barris and the healing trick worked
    Finished him with only 3 jedis standing Lumi,ashoka and eeth ,and ive been lucky to get dodge on lumi two turns and the third turn he used tenacity
    3 turns was enough to put him down
    Dont use special on him as hes Tm will run wild ,just basic attacks
    It can be done but its depressing
    Wish u all good luck as that is all u need!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Who merged my poll with a general Yoda thread!!!!!

I was trying to collect data to determine if it was skill or luck
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    At this point so many people have cleared it this time around that I hope they don't lower the difficulty.
  • Leib
    2 posts Member
    Options
    No one is asking for a freebie. Just balance the event, not everybody has the same team and even with the best enemy combination, when yoda crit, and he will crit, even with full life, 1 hit 1 kill destroy all your plan.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    The one thing they claim to have changed is the main reason the fight is broken. If his health, damage, turn meter, or whatever was adjusted to account for protection it obviously wasn't done correctly. Yoda knocks out protection with a single blow and you can't get it back with healing. This is the major issue.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    BoboFoot wrote: »

5 7* jedi is a requirement to attempt not the fight, not a confirmation that you'll succeed. If you farmed the wrong Jedi, how are EA responsible for that. I was there for the first Yoda event. I thought what I wanted in terms of Jedi to beat him at 7* and I got those characters and it worked. I didn't spend any IRL cash to do that, which means anyone else can also do it if they think, plan and prepare.

My 5 Jedi could clear this last time! It cannot be done anymore. Are you dense or what is up with you?
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Shady move haha
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Asavanor wrote: »
    The one thing they claim to have changed is the main reason the fight is broken. If his health, damage, turn meter, or whatever was adjusted to account for protection it obviously wasn't done correctly. Yoda knocks out protection with a single blow and you can't get it back with healing. This is the major issue.

He takes 90% of my fortitude gear 9 QGJ in 1 shot! What should i expect from Mace Windu and Eeth Koth then?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Shady move haha

I think it's more of an oversight that there are so many whiny threads that they don't have time to open them all and just mass merge without looking into detail. I imderstamd why it happens.

Nothing shady at all.
  • Options
    Its actually doable guys! Dont give up,im a f2p player i tried like 500 times! Different combinations finally i met yoda with ben and QGJ! Yes! Those guys! But i had a sequence of attacking, it's all about debuffing and healing in my opinion,my team was bariss lead,lumi,QGJ,mace,eeth and cmom guys! Eeth isnt even a strong char! Haha all chars weres level 76 7* max gear n level at the moment,i really didn't think id finish this but it's all abt the grind! And cmon! It's yoda!!!! Only the worthy shall obtain him
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Wow the poll thread was really merged with this one?

This board literally has the worst mods I've ever seen. If they're not constantly doing damage control for EA they're moving/deleting/editing things that shouldn't be touched.

Anyway, one try for me.

DinB1sj.jpg
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I get that they wanted to allow for the changes with protection, that makes sense, though it's very unclear how they've actually done that. I would have done it much more simply and transparently: leave Yoda the same as he was and give him protection. Everyone expecting to beat the challenge they left off last time will get what they expected, plus the same protection system our toons now have. That takes care of everything except that some people will now have level 71-80 toons with corresponding gear. To cater for that introduce a new, harder, tier above the current one where you can win omegas for him or something. Everybody will be happy then (well...).
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

My 5 Jedi could clear this last time! It cannot be done anymore. Are you dense or what is up with you?

If they could clear it last time how come you haven't cleared it?

Don't be mad because you can't do something that 100s of others have completed.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

They weren't 7* but i saw videos and people that said that cleared the challenge with this EXACT SAME TEAM
  • Options
    I wonder how many people are actually going to quit this game because of yet another disappointing change. I read an info release from EA_jesse, says they haven't changed anything, he's always been 90 for tier 7, always been omega maxed, so when I easy rolled the other six tiers and had to wait why is it even a challenge now? And why he actual EFFF DID I BOTHER WASTING TIME LEVELING, GEARING, STARING THESE JEDI WHEN THIS IS MORE OR LESS THIER ONLY PURPOSE!?!?!?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Don't be mad because you can't do something that 100s of others have completed.

You seem to be living in your own world and not being able to grasp a concept. I am done with you!
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    I just dont get why yoda is a level 90 and omega and if he always was why didnt they let ya know how hard it was gunna be...i was so focused on getting 5 jedi to level 7 didnt care which jedi they were now it seems u need certain ones to beat and even then its with luck...yoda should be a level 80 with 2 level 80 thugs and double purple thats what i planned for not level 90 omega with a ridic turn meter...killin me

You don't need certain Jedi. You do need some luck. It's a Trial! It's not the grand master's "walk in the park".
  • EmmersonGrant
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have:
    Lead: 76 Barriss in gear 8, level 7 all but leader ability, that's a 6.
    Lvl 76 QGJ in gear 8, Omega on the first 7 in everything else.
    Lvl 73 Lumi in gear 8, 7 on everything but leader ability (6)
    Lvl 72 Consul in gear 8, 7 on everything.
    Lvl 72 Ahsoka in gear 8, ability es 5, 6,6,6.

Yesterday it was a RNG nightmare: 3 hours of bashing my head, trying every combination and I had Barriss at 73. Today I leveled Barriss to 76 and faced Plo, Mace and Yoda. I killed Plo then focused on Yoda. Absolutely NO heals from Lumi. Zero. Don't even think about it. Basic attacks on Yoda, then used Qui-Gon's assault. Whittled him down, healing with everyone but Lumi (I did use her other attack). All went fine until he killed Consular. I figured it was the start of the Pinballl Yoda Show, but he stopped. Ahsoka's big attack lands an 11k hit, heals, then Bariss followed with a heal and then QGJ-Lumi-Ahsoka damage: dead Yoda. Focus fire on Mace and done.

Dunno if the extra 3 levels with Barriss did the trick, but done.

Hated it a lot yesterday, though.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    At this point so many people have cleared it this time around that I hope they don't lower the difficulty.

This. At least 6-10 people in my guild have acquired 7* Yoda this time around, including me. None of us are whales - all F2P or guppies. Is it hard? Absolutely. Is it impossible? Not even close. Does it take more than 2 or 3 tries? Probably. Does it take more than all level 70, gear 8 jedi? Probably.

I did it with the following team:
    QGJ (lead) G9 level 78
    Lumi - G8 level 76
    JC - G8 level 72
    Ahsoka - G8 level 72
    Eeth - G8 level 65

NO OMEGA'S WERE USED ON THE ABOVE JEDI
    Facing Yoda, Aayla and Barris.

I simply used the "Barris trick" - beat her down, she equalized once.
    Yoda snagged Lumi's HoT, then QGJ gave my whole team offense up using humbling blow on Yoda. I immediately used everyone's special attacks on Yoda for max damage (yes, I know what others have said). Yoda died - then QGJ ate it from Aayla. With JC and Lumi left, I healed up, took down Barris then with 4 Jedi almost at full health, crushed Aayla.

Took about 25 tries - which it likely would have been at level 70 with the same team.

The challenge has been fairly upgraded to account for protection and yet still be difficult enough to actually be a "challenge". Good job by EA this time.

For those that are complaining that it's too hard, level up, gear up, try some new tactics.

It's not impossible and it's not unfair.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

These mods are dense beyond belief, seriously what the hell is Jesse thinking picking these numskulls as moderators. I could do a better job in my sleep
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Barriss (leader), Lumi, QGJ, Mace, JC.
    All @ Lvl 75, Gear VIII, no omegas.
    Took about 10 tries last night using the Barriss technique (50 if you count the restarts trying to get the proper jedis to appear). If QGJ or a healer (other than BO) appear, start over. You must be able to heal consistently to survive Yoda's relentless attacks. If he one-shots someone early, start over. Eventually luck will come through and he will spread his attacks around. Thought maybe the Barriss method was the only way, but apparently not from reading all the comments. Oh, and use the force.
  • Daaaaarp
    11 posts Member
    Options
    More.then 550 tries, its all up to rng to evade some crits... Barrisse lead, lumi, ec, jc and qgj.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    Wow the poll thread was really merged with this one?

This board literally has the worst mods I've ever seen. If they're not constantly doing damage control for EA they're moving/deleting/editing things that shouldn't be touched.

Anyway, one try for me.

DinB1sj.jpg

They have no idea how to respond to the community, power abuse at its finest and it's truly sickening
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Ebi wrote: »
    I just dont get why yoda is a level 90 and omega and if he always was why didnt they let ya know how hard it was gunna be...i was so focused on getting 5 jedi to level 7 didnt care which jedi they were now it seems u need certain ones to beat and even then its with luck...yoda should be a level 80 with 2 level 80 thugs and double purple thats what i planned for not level 90 omega with a ridic turn meter...killin me

You don't need certain Jedi. You do need some luck. It's a Trial! It's not the grand master's "walk in the park".

I hear what ur saying but thats not fun to me if the only way to beat it is with a glitch and extreme luck and playing it for 10 hours...i havent had to do that in a game since super mario 3 when i was 7 yrs old...(rip mario)
  • Options
    After many attempts I am the owner of a 7* Yoda. I was beginning to think it wasn't possible of my squad. I went in and out until I got Barris and Koth. Took Koth out first without loosing anyone. Beat down Barris until she healed and stole energy from Yoda. She healed twice during the battle. Once Yoda was about 40% or so, I focused on him. He killed JC and Koth before I took him out. Once Yoda was gone, Barris was easy.

Team: All Gear VIII without omega, Barris 76 (leader), QGJ 76, Lumi 76, JC 74, Koth 72.

My biggest mistake in earlier attempts was trying to use QGJ humbling blow in situations where it might give me offense up. Yoda would then steal the offense up bonus and destroy me. Also, timing of when I used heals was important. I tried to avoid using Lumi heal as much as possible since Yoda likes to steal that too. I know some people have posted that they won without much difficulty, but my experience is that it takes a lot of patience and calculated attacks. Hope this is helpful. Good luck out there!
  • Options
    And i want a challenge def i dont want a gimme but theres a difference between challenge and playing a game for 10 hours and hoping u get lucky once
This discussion has been closed.