Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Nobody
    225 posts Member
    I deleted the game this morning.. What I have been reading is that I upgrading the wrong Jedi.. Wish I had known earlier. Yoda should be the reward for putting the time in, not getting lucky with the cookie cutter team. There was a better way to do this and people who beat Yoda would still want to participate every time they brought him back
  • What's sickening is having to wade through tons of posts full of entitlement and confirmation bias, with side helping of temper tantrums, from some people in this community. I'm glad they are merging threads, they all say the same thing anyway.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    What's sickening is having to wade through tons of posts full of entitlement and confirmation bias, with side helping of temper tantrums, from some people in this community. I'm glad they are merging threads, they all say the same thing anyway.

If it's so sickening why are you even bothering to "wade" through all of these posts? Maybe do something more worthwhile with your time or pray to the RNG gods that Yoda kneels over for you
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nobody wrote: »
    I deleted the game this morning.. What I have been reading is that I upgrading the wrong Jedi.. Wish I had known earlier. Yoda should be the reward for putting the time in, not getting lucky with the cookie cutter team. There was a better way to do this and people who beat Yoda would still want to participate every time they brought him back

Deleting the game was extreme prb just needed some time to cool off...but i understand ur frustration i to upgraded what seems to be the wrong jedi time and money wasted...apparently qgj and ashoka r the 2 u need...
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Xhowrude wrote: »
    Panna wrote: »
    This post is legendary hahaha was my feeling's exactly. Didn't think I would beat it today. +1

I felt legendary after he died lol

I bet :D
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nobody wrote: »

Deleting the game was extreme prb just needed some time to cool off...but i understand ur frustration i to upgraded what seems to be the wrong jedi time and money wasted...apparently qgj and ashoka r the 2 u need...

No you don't "need" any specific Jedi (although having 2+ healers help).

The forum (and my guild chat) have posts withe several different combinations of "wrong" Jedi winning against Yoda. They have to be geared and levelled properly, use sound tactics and you do have to have some RNG luck on your side. But many teams have won - without Barris or Ahsoka or many other "cookie cutter" Jedi.

It's hard - and it takes a lot of attempts. And don't assume that you can do it with 5 Jedi who are just barely level 70 and Gear 8. You might need to level them into the mid 70s and have one G9 in there somewhere. But it is most definitely possible with "wrong" Jedi and patience.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Only took me five tries...

Luck plays a part, to be sure...
  • Yea, I got two exposes towards the end when I finally beat him, though my deathblow wasn't as legendary: A whopping 1300 dmg slash from Barriss!
  • Now imagine what great things could have gotten done in society and how better the world would be if people did not complain on here, and waste their time posting but instead put that time towards something productive and meaningful.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Now imagine what great things could have gotten done in society and how better the world would be if people did not complain on here, and waste their time posting but instead put that time towards something productive and meaningful.

Oh do you mean clicking on sim 12 times and getting 1 stun cuff?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

The forum (and my guild chat) have posts withe several different combinations of "wrong" Jedi winning against Yoda. They have to be geared and levelled properly, use sound tactics and you do have to have some RNG luck on your side. But many teams have won - without Barris or Ahsoka or many other "cookie cutter" Jedi.

It's hard - and it takes a lot of attempts. And don't assume that you can do it with 5 Jedi who are just barely level 70 and Gear 8. You might need to level them into the mid 70s and have one G9 in there somewhere. But it is most definitely possible with "wrong" Jedi and patience.

Yeah all my jedi are maxed out i guess it just comes down to luck...level 77 and all double purples...quick question whats the best leader choice...mace...lumi...barris?
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

It's hard - and it takes a lot of attempts. And don't assumed that you can do it with 5 Jedi who are just barely level 70 and Gear 8. You might need to level them into the mid 70s and have one G9 in there somewhere. But it is most definitely possible with "wrong" Jedi and patience.

3 were level 77, one 74 & a 73. All were lvl 8 but one which was 7 (74). No QGJ, which seems to have been my downfall. Tried somewhere between 100-200 times. I felt like I did well in other parts top 350 in Arena and beat GW everyday. Only got close once to beat Yoda.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Ebi wrote: »
    I just dont get why yoda is a level 90 and omega and if he always was why didnt they let ya know how hard it was gunna be...i was so focused on getting 5 jedi to level 7 didnt care which jedi they were now it seems u need certain ones to beat and even then its with luck...yoda should be a level 80 with 2 level 80 thugs and double purple thats what i planned for not level 90 omega with a ridic turn meter...killin me

You don't need certain Jedi. You do need some luck. It's a Trial! It's not the grand master's "walk in the park".

I hear what ur saying but thats not fun to me if the only way to beat it is with a glitch and extreme luck and playing it for 10 hours...i havent had to do that in a game since super mario 3 when i was 7 yrs old...(rip mario)

I think it's impossible to please everyone. I personally really enjoyed that I had to work for Yoda. He wasn't a pushover. It took patience...the Jedi way and all. He's the grand master, it would feel very silly if everyone could beat him easily. I beat him when he had guardian and Plo as support. He was literally one shotting me all over the place in countless fights. But all it takes is one win.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

Yeah all my jedi are maxed out i guess it just comes down to luck...level 77 and all double purples...quick question whats the best leader choice...mace...lumi...barris?

Lumi for RNG luck, Barriss for extra health/healing
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I have a 7 star group all lvl 70 and I can't even get him to half health...boooooo.
    Using obi-wan, jc,qui-gon,and a.tano. makes me very annoyed.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member

Sorry man, but you don't need a specific team. I'm strictly F2P, and I grinded out my Jedi team. No bariss. It can be done.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    Keep going men. You have set a record for most tears in one thread. You should be proud of yourselves.

• Drop62
    3 posts Member
    Just did it with Lumi lead, eeth, jc, qgj, ahsoka. After a lot of tries. Faced Anakin and Barris. First ani and got Barris in red two times. It's a pain, but you can still do it. All level 79 all gear VIII
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member

I'd go Lumi. If you have Ahsoka, that's who I had at the lead for her evasion. I had a couple of "almost there" with Lumi at the lead though.
  • Ebi wrote: »

I'd go Lumi. If you have Ahsoka, that's who I had at the lead for her evasion. I had a couple of "almost there" with Lumi at the lead though.

Thanks
  • I realized that everyone is suffering with the new balance of the challenge. Okay that EA wants to let it more difficult , but did not make it impossible . I do not think correct the need of using characters 7 stars to win a 5-star challenge. This time the challange is a lot more difficult than the last time, that no one can deny. I think EA need to review the difficulty of the challange.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This time was the first time I had enough Jedis to get a 7* Yoda. It took me around 10 attempts, but have to say it really wasn't that difficult in the end...

My team was;
    Old Ben (L) - level 75 / Gear 9
    QGJ - 78 / 9
    Lumi - 70/8
    JC - 68/8
    Eeth K - 63/8

No omegas or whatever. Level 7 abilities on everybody except for Eeeth.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I had no problem beating Yoda, first try. 7*
    Ran barris, old Ben, QGJ, Lumi and JC.
    He had plo and kit as his allies if I remember correctly
    You guys need to stop crying,
    HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE DIFFICULT.
    Took out his two friends and just healed through his damage. Three healers make it a joke

He wasn't buffed. He is exactly as he was before.
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • This isn't about making the challenge easier or whatever, just reverting it back to the way it used to be prior lvl cap increased to 80. Taking protection into account it they want to, but not increasing (doubling) damage. That's what we are complaining about.
    It is unfair to spend/upgrade more than people who had Yoda when the lvl cap was at 70.
  • BoboFoot wrote: »
    So your guys aren't a high enough level. Get them to a higher level and maybe you will clear it. I don't feel you can complain about the difficulty of an event when you are hindering yourself.

It's not designed for level 1 characters, why are you assuming it's designed for characters that are any less than max level?
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I have QGJ at level 79 and gear 8. He has 16747 health including protection. Maybe you need to level up a bit to avoid that one shot.

I'm currently working on getting him levelled up more, but your replies do illustrate our point. The challenge apparently has not changed. That means it's not got any harder. People keep saying this, and then we keep getting told that levels that were sufficient to beat yoda last time around are now too low.

Which is it? If it's not changed/harder then why do our levels now need to be higher?

I also just watched the video posted above of the last event. That's a good laugh. Normal hits were hitting for about 3-3.5k now they weigh in at about 5-6k. Not changed, my ****!

My main objection to this isn't that it's hard (which it is) but that the goal posts were moved at the end
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    If Yoda is equal as before, of course it's easier now. People have had more time to build and toons can have Gear 9/10.
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Lumi for RNG luck, Barriss for extra health/healing

Thanks
  • Alright so complaining aside whats the best strategy to beat yoda? When he has barris as his thug do i go after her first or take out other goon first? 2nd question is there a way to negate or hinder his turn meter? For some reason he just went 3 times in a row...is there a reason for that or is that just cause his turn meter is ridic
  • My team is all level 77 all double purple...mace barris lumi guardian and counsler
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Alright so complaining aside whats the best strategy to beat yoda? When he has barris as his thug do i go after her first or take out other goon first? 2nd question is there a way to negate or hinder his turn meter? For some reason he just went 3 times in a row...is there a reason for that or is that just cause his turn meter is ridic

Take out the other ally then go after Barriss and get her into the red before she heals. Then kill her and go after Yoda. Yoda will resist most debuffs and gain turn meter so don't use those on him
    Make Zader Great Again!
This discussion has been closed.