Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Ace5
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Oh and they made lumi unusable. Can't use her heal bc yoda will steal it and it heals him for 8k per tick and lasts 4 rounds!
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    It wasn't bad. Got it on first try after a bunch of retreats to get barriss and another ally. Burned kloon and then take barriss below 50% and let her heal Yoda down. Then burn yoda.

Was fun, had me on the edge of my seat after yoda dropped lumi. Goodshow
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    They sit round in meetings and laugh at you all.
  • SRG wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Well, I think this is deja vu! The forums were in an uproar at level 70 because yoda was extremely hard at 7 stars. Now he has been adjusted to the current level cap and guess what, he is extremely hard. The thing is a lot of the people didn't ever attempt him at 7 stars last time so they don't know how truly difficult he is. Then you have some people who were prepared and researched the fight and have had no trouble beating him at this level. Just like last time.

The main problem is not about the difficulty (probably the same than before) but about the cost !

It is wayyy more expensive to level up 5 jedis at level 80 (or around) than to level up 5 jedis at level 70.
    That's totally unfair for ppl not having been ready last times (for ex. because they are new players).

+1

Jedi are under powered and I only leveled Mace and JC to 70 for YODA. By the time I level them to 80 to complete this, I'm sure the cap will be 90 and I'll be screwed again.

• Cyn
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It took me 3-4 hours of non-stop game play to beat Yoda the first time around with maxed out 7* Jedi.

Please don't tell me that you couldn't beat Yoda on a couple of tries that he is now too hard because you're just making yourself look like a dummy.
  • Stop being dense and defending this. The time and effort required to beat this iteration of Yoda is exponentially more difficult. The gear, credits, and time those of us at the 7* challenge will need far surpasses what any of you put in during the last event. Last time also you were capped already at 70, how many of us are capped at 80? I got my jedi squad ready for yoda like 2 days after he left last time and stopped leveling them past 70 since I assumed he wouldn't be jacked up to 90 the next time I saw him. It's not the same so just shut up. I'm sure it was difficult before, you can stop telling us how amazing you are.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Toymaker wrote: »
    Just got lucky on this, and got my 7* Yoda. Here's what I had and did - maybe it'll help others?

Team all at 78 and all at 7*, all abilities maxed with purples (no omegas):

IGD (Lead) Gear 9
    QGJ Gear 8
    Lumi Gear 8
    JC Gear 8
    Askoka Gear 8

Focussed on Yoda until he died (got lucky with quite of few counters thanks to IGD's lead).

Then did Mace and finally JC.

This was my tenth attempt. I think getting Mace and JC on Yoda's team was the biggest help because they were both pretty lame.

Good post! Unfortunately, if history is any indication, you getting yoda and trying to help people who are having trouble will fall on deaf ears. They don't want help, they want an easy "iWin" button.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • tehownrer
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Changing my comment. He is actually pretty easy if you get the right opposing team and good RNG. My last few attempts were just rubbish RNG. Easily beatable with a squad of 74-75s, gear level 8, plus a strong QGJ (Mine was 79, gear level 9, omega on basic)
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Too much complaining, he is easily beatable. Just need to strategize and look at what team comps have been successful.
  • Jaybayblay
    233 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    12-14k crits, glitch where QGJ dispel won't proc the dmg up but it's a risk because you only want to do it after yoda aoe.

EA is a joke
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    374741.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It's impossible now, level 90 and gear 11/12?!?!?! Are you serious?!?! This is absolutely ridiculous, for people who have finished it last time it was half this hard.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I had no problem taking down yoda today so all of these posts are slightly confusing. I heard some people attempted to defeat yoda in 100 tries with no success last go so I was dreading it. On my 3rd attempt I faced Yoda, Anakin, and Plo Koon and easily beat them with the following team:
    1) Lumi (Lead) lvl 71 gear 8
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

Not sure if you're trolling or had some sort of weird glitch in the system. There's no way a team of that level would be able to come close to being 7* Yoda from what I've experienced after several attempts.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • This seriously needs to be tuned down. Classic example of overtuning and poor testing before release
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    @Macellis You need Barris as leader. In that way you will have three very good healers to maintain 100% hp. I think Yoda's damage is about 6-9k, and the AOE is only 3-4k, not really a big deal. As for Lumi, heal immediately after Yoda steal her evade buff.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • At least can can stop wasting time and crystals on finishing up the remaining Jedi to 7* this week and get back to more important matters. Silver lining!
  • Wiickett
    16 posts Member
    Beat him on 3rd try. Ran 77 ahsoka lead with 78 qgj 78 lumi 75 jc and 75 eeth. The TM increase from Ahsoka's evasion helped as did QGJ omega ability. Only lost jc the other 4 survived. Yoda was with Barris and JKG...definitely not impossible like people are saying. Overreacting a tad lol, just keep trying and RNG will eventually be on your side.
  • Has to tell he is doable so CG dun know the problem lol
    yeah keep telling crit for 10-13k is normal and fair.
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I had no problem taking down yoda today so all of these posts are slightly confusing. I heard some people attempted to defeat yoda in 100 tries with no success last go so I was dreading it. On my 3rd attempt I faced Yoda, Anakin, and Plo Koon and easily beat them with the following team:
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

Not sure if you're trolling or had some sort of weird glitch in the system. There's no way a team of that level would be able to come close to being 7* Yoda from what I've experienced after several attempts.

A couple of attempts and you're an expert? Hahahahahahaha. Get real kid. When you've spent 3 hours of non-stop attempts you may be able to make a legitimate claim.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    12-14k crits, glitch where QGJ dispel won't proc the dmg up but it's a risk because you only want to do it after yoda aoe.

EA is a joke

Yeah my QGJ dispel does nothing either.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Cyn wrote: »
    It took me 3-4 hours of non-stop game play to beat Yoda the first time around with maxed out 7* Jedi.

Please don't tell me that you couldn't beat Yoda on a couple of tries that he is now too hard because you're just making yourself look like a dummy.

Ummm. You haven't played yoda at this difficulty so please don't make yourself look like a dummy

He goes 4-5 times in a row hitting 15k each time. That's WAAAAAAYYYY beyond the difficulty he was at before.

Just FYI
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    Ace5 wrote: »

Ummm. You haven't played yoda at this difficulty so please don't make yourself look like a dummy

He goes 4-5 times in a row hitting 15k each time. That's WAAAAAAYYYY beyond the difficulty he was at before.

Just FYI

Seriously? He would 1 shot my 7* JC the first time around going 2 times in a row or more sometimes.

Please spare me you're hyperbole.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

A couple of attempts and you're an expert? Hahahahahahaha. Get real kid. When you've spent 3 hours of non-stop attempts you may be able to make a legitimate claim.

How many attempts have you had?
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • People talking about how easy the beat 7 star Yoda, I'm pretty sure you beat him last month or earlier before he got buffed to a level 90 boss with 2 level 90 elite adds.
  • Corjo3
    37 posts Member
    Is mace's shatterpoint occuring for anyone?
  • Yudoka wrote: »
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

@Yudoka not trolling... you can see my team comp on https://swgoh.gg/u/darthsheckler/collection/
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

I don't need multiple hours of playing to see how hard he hits and how hard my toons hit back. The same toons that are as much as 10 levels below mine beating him on the same difficulty seems like a bogus claim or a glitch in the system.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Ace5 wrote: »

Just FYI

Seriously? He would 1 shot my 7* JC the first time around going 2 times in a row or more sometimes.

Please spare me you're hyperbole.

I played 7 star yoda before and now. It is much much much more difficult.

If you have not then you have no idea what you're talking about and are making guesses based on speculation.
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    Well, I managed to scrape together a tier 6 win after 15 tries. Tier 7 I'm lucky if I can take out one of his supports. Pretty certain at this point not going to be possible without a geared up QGJ and Barris. Luminara is a liability with her heal-per-turn but you kind of just have to factor in that it will be necessary to allow yoda to heal a bit.
  • I tried it maybe ten times and got this little goblin.
    Barris/L/ gear8 lvl 78
    QGJ gear 8 lvl 78 omega basic
    Lumi gear 9 lvl 78
    Ashoka gear 8 lvl 78
    Jc gear 8 lvl 78

It was hard so I spent 4 million credit, 5 omega to QGJ and gave Lumi gear 9.
This discussion has been closed.