Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Yoda just crit me for 19K, no joke. Then followed it up with another two attacks, that took out another toon.

Could there be a difference in difficulty across devices? I'm on iOS / iPad, and the difficulty is insane. Have done about 25 attempts, with retreats to 'weaker' assists, but can barely get Yoda to yellow.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I had no problem taking down yoda today so all of these posts are slightly confusing. I heard some people attempted to defeat yoda in 100 tries with no success last go so I was dreading it. On my 3rd attempt I faced Yoda, Anakin, and Plo Koon and easily beat them with the following team:
    1) Lumi (Lead) lvl 71 gear 8
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

Not sure if you're trolling or had some sort of weird glitch in the system. There's no way a team of that level would be able to come close to being 7* Yoda from what I've experienced after several attempts.

@Yudoka not trolling... you can see my team comp on https://swgoh.gg/u/darthsheckler/collection/

Your yoda is only 5 stars.
  • Other mmos did not upgrade the difficulty of content just because they raised the level cap. I literally had 4 70s 7stars and got my 5th up there right after the last challenge. now I need to wait forever to be able to beat yoda at lvl 7...who's available for a limited time...who I need to get to 7 stars for raiding...which will never happen. Thanks EA, I am probably going to uninstall after this.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    I just beat 6* with Lumi(L), JC, Koth, QGJ, Bariss.

**AS AN FYI! IT DOES NOT APPEAR LUMI'S DODGE LEADERSHIP WORKS!**

I have done about 8 runs, and I received only 2 dodges in all 8 runs (and that was when lumi popped her evasion up ability).

If someone else could test and confirm, but it seems you cannot dodge his attacks with evasion leadership.
  • I came here cuz I am 1 Jedi short for the challenge and wondering if I should buy the Jedi pack. This thread assured me to not spend my money on it. Thanks.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    People talking about how easy the beat 7 star Yoda, I'm pretty sure you beat him last month or earlier before he got buffed to a level 90 boss with 2 level 90 elite adds.

Please see the levels of the toons instead of spouting false accusations. There are two screenshots with level 90 yoda/adds

People like you ignore the truth even when it's right in their face.There's really no helping you.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    I had no problem taking down yoda today so all of these posts are slightly confusing. I heard some people attempted to defeat yoda in 100 tries with no success last go so I was dreading it. On my 3rd attempt I faced Yoda, Anakin, and Plo Koon and easily beat them with the following team:
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

Not sure if you're trolling or had some sort of weird glitch in the system. There's no way a team of that level would be able to come close to being 7* Yoda from what I've experienced after several attempts.

@Yudoka not trolling... you can see my team comp on https://swgoh.gg/u/darthsheckler/collection/

Then you must have had some insane luck which is unfortunate if that's what this event requires. I want to win on strategy, not roll of the dice.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Caedus
    4 posts Member
    Not sure what the commotion is about.

I had no trouble doing the 7* challenge.
    Killed first the adds (Lumi and Eeth Koth) and made sure he didn't steal my Lumis health regen.

First try I did fail as I had put Bariss as lead.
    This team did it for me:
    QGJ (L), Lumi, Ashoka, Bariss, JC

Lumi and QGJ (omega basic) are gear10 lvl78, rest lvl74 gear8.

Good luck all and don't forget it's also RNG!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    People talking about how easy the beat 7 star Yoda, I'm pretty sure you beat him last month or earlier before he got buffed to a level 90 boss with 2 level 90 elite adds.

No, someone in my guild beat it first try. It is beatable with level 77 ish toons. Just like last time was beatable despite some having a lot of trouble.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Too much complaining, he is easily beatable. Just need to strategize and look at what team comps have been successful.

oh right, I just need to look at which jedi I don't have, go get him/her, level him/her to max, and then beat yoda. I should have thought of that. (roll my eyes)
  • BWSkynobi wrote: »
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

Your yoda is only 5 stars.

@Yudoka just updated sir, check again
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Any response from the devs?

@CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse

i know it is day one of event but you can see that your player base is very upset about the changes.

Same as before: poor communication, no beta testing, out of touch w your player base and worse of all making more changes that creates unfair balance for those who completed this earlier (similar to this precrafting nightmare)

Any official word or comment would be appreciated by all I am sure
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »
    I just beat 6* with Lumi(L), JC, Koth, QGJ, Bariss.

**AS AN FYI! IT DOES NOT APPEAR LUMI'S DODGE LEADERSHIP WORKS!**

I have done about 8 runs, and I received only 2 dodges in all 8 runs (and that was when lumi popped her evasion up ability).

If someone else could test and confirm, but it seems you cannot dodge his attacks with evasion leadership.

I was able to dodge, I had Mace and JC dodge a few attacks. But it just prolonged the inevitable.
  • This needs to be fixed, no two ways about it. I've tried the 6* fight about 20 times now and Yoda's turn meter is absolutely insane! I can't heal with Luminara because no matter if I use it right after Yoday uses Masterstroke, he takes so many turns that he's going to be able to steal her heal ability from at least one of my party members.

It's a real kick in the balls to think that if I had just gotten PK a few more shards last month, I could have avoided all of this.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Ace5 wrote: »
    Cyn wrote: »
    Ace5 wrote: »
    Cyn wrote: »
    It took me 3-4 hours of non-stop game play to beat Yoda the first time around with maxed out 7* Jedi.

Please don't tell me that you couldn't beat Yoda on a couple of tries that he is now too hard because you're just making yourself look like a dummy.

Ummm. You haven't played yoda at this difficulty so please don't make yourself look like a dummy

He goes 4-5 times in a row hitting 15k each time. That's WAAAAAAYYYY beyond the difficulty he was at before.

Just FYI

Seriously? He would 1 shot my 7* JC the first time around going 2 times in a row or more sometimes.

Please spare me you're hyperbole.

I played 7 star yoda before and now. It is much much much more difficult.

If you have not then you have no idea what you're talking about and are making guesses based on speculation.

Wait, you played it last time and now? I would say that it was just as difficult last time if you didn't get it last time, no?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Whatever level and power Yoda was at when he was first introduced should be the exact same. So what if you can get more powerful now. That's your reward for building up your team.

It should take exactly the same power level of toons to beat him now as it did last month.

I agree. If i want rey shards i have to beat certain nodes. They do not get harder as the level cap rises.

In addition the level cap rise to 80 is much more difficult as the gear and omegas are severely limited compared to the level cap at 70.
  • Yudoka wrote: »
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

that dude is a liar! Teams much more powerful have gotten pulverized.
  • I got him into the red once but that was the nearest I got, it's not impossible but I'm not sitting here for humours on end with my family wondering how long I'll be before I spend some time with them fighting for something that really shouldn't be made this hard. We're not all jobless or kids about to have the weekend off for trying 800 times. You p ricks obviously don't think some of us have jobs to keep.
    Fair play to the people to the people that got it done, you were probably more fortunate than you realised, but don't go ranting to others about how it's not that hard because you did it and others aren't getting a favourable RNG to achieve it. I have neither the time nor the patience to attempt something that shouldn't have been made this tricky to attain. I am P2P but if hare brained schemes like this continue then I'll be one of an exodus for sure
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    jackstraw wrote: »
    Well, I managed to scrape together a tier 6 win after 15 tries. Tier 7 I'm lucky if I can take out one of his supports. Pretty certain at this point not going to be possible without a geared up QGJ and Barris. Luminara is a liability with her heal-per-turn but you kind of just have to factor in that it will be necessary to allow yoda to heal a bit.

you can dispel heal over time with qgj and give your entire team offense up.
  • Vild1995
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    They mainly mess it up by by making Luminaras heal over time a positive effect.. So every time he steals it he is healed by 9-10k..
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • I am not trolling i just posted my collection link earlier....
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    I had a good enough team for the 6*. Spent the last week doing lots of refresh and spent allot to get my 7* team ready . I'm not complaining that he's harder. I'm complaining because they could have said he was going to raised . I would have settled on the 6* which I got and took my time for the next time.
  • JarJarJared
    92 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yoda was ridiculously hard at 70. A lot of us went through a lot of pain to get him. It is only reasonable that he is scaled with he current level cap and gears.

Except you could gear everyone up to level 8 pretty easily and you didn't have to rely on finding furnaces, pre crafting or wasting omegas on useless characters you'll never use again to make your jedis strong enough. But yeah don't bring that up or anything. It's cool.
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    15108135.jpg
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Btw... Please remove the "Event active" flashing icon. I completed it, so the icon should not show anymore.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    Btw... Please remove the "Event active" flashing icon. I completed it, so the icon should not show anymore.

yeah, this is annoying. i hope they fix this.
  • Ourmilo
    12 posts Member
    Since update Yoda is impossible to beat on final level. He is lvl 90 and is always supported by atleast one healer. I have full team at lvl 76 and cannot get a scratch on him. Healer restores health so its a lose lose situation. One hit from yoda can kill any character which basically gives you 5 turns. Yoda needs to have support taken away and also lower level even if it is lvl 80.
    Impossible to beat now. I have tried a mix of 7 stars and nothing.
  • Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

This post saved me so much headache and frustration The challenge was looking near impossible. I have this same Jedi squad... Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, Koth.... and I kept retreating until I got the Barriss/Koth tandem with Yoda. It truly worked. First try. Thank you, Sysy, for the asyst. ;)

Go get your 7* Yoda, everyone... it is doable even with him level 90, gold mat, and max omega!
  • I just got 6* Yoda, after probably 10 attempts. Lumi, QGJ, JC, Mace, Eeth. Didn't bother with the adds. Just focused on Yoda straight.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Alita wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »

yeah, this is annoying. i hope they fix this.

Nope. They're just gonna make it harder to get rid off unless you pay 5000 crystals to get rid of it.
This discussion has been closed.