For the love of the Force, please change the design of procuring Vader shards

Prev1
Ascansio
270 posts Member
edited May 2016
nMvB5M.png

I have completed every "reasonable and reachable" achievements in the game to gain an advantage over other players to promote Vader to 6 stars but because of a totally void and insignificant RNG system of the shard shop, I'm still behind behind of some players who don't even care to do any GW or farm PvP matches on a routine to complete these achievements.

If "luck in shard shop" is a more important factor for the race for Vader than grinding stats in PvP and GW in this game, then that design is obviously flawed.

Also, the rewards for these achievements are a joke. You pledge your time to complete 150 GW and all you get is just 5 shards of him.

You have to raise the number to motivate the players to go for these accomplishments.

1) The current system is unfair for the grind work.
2) It will still take forever even with the players who are lucky with the shard shop.

I'm creating a 2nd thread for this "Vader shards" issue and hopefully expecting a proper explanation or confession behind this design.
Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.

Replies

• Options
    Out of curiosity, where are you on Vader shards? I sit at 53/85.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @jeremyj26 I'm sitting at 54/85. I haven't seen a Vader shard in the shop for a month.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Options
    Don't forget the players who accidentally took part in the exploits and have higher shard counts than you.

Gotta live this game.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    Completing GW contains its own rewards, of course.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have a guy in my server with 6* Vader and he uses Vader in his Arena team since a month.
    I guess EA did not take care of all the exploiters.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    I have a guy in my server with 6* Vader and he uses Vader in his Arena team since a month.

One of my allies has a 7* Vader.....
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I think the worst thing is, Vader is not the best character in the game. If he was, and the shards were this hard to get, it'd be understood. Instead, we have a **** bug running around at the top of the food chain....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I think the worst thing is, Vader is not the best character in the game. If he was, and the shards were this hard to get, it'd be understood. Instead, we have a **** bug running around at the top of the food chain....

just wait untill people get him to 7*, fully geared and lvl-ed up. it will rain nerf threads
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    I have him at 60/85 and I'll finish my 150 GWs next week. But beating 2500 arena battles for only 3 shards?!! I have 750 victories about and the highest I've seen is in the 800-900 range.

I guess I can only hope I can get the next 20 in the shard shop and GW out of random luck
  • Options
    I wouldn't be suprised that at some point they have a Vader Event to get to 6 and 7* that to be able to participate you will need to have Vader at 5* or Higher. That way you have to had put in the grind to be able to run the event. It would only reward those of us who have dedicated our time to unlocking him. I personally think Vader will be a beast once leveled fully.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options

My understanding was they were, temporarily suspended. And that suspension was lifted recently.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »

One of my allies has a 7* Vader.....

Maybe report them? It's possible they slipped through the cracks.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

That were suspended for a week and they got to keep all of there Vader shards! I mean how does that make any sense?! They apparently have no way to take away those shards from the cheaters.. If I could have 7* Vader but had to serve a one week suspension sign me up! :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

6* is just about becoming viable for non cheaters. There should be a few people by now who have gotten really lucky in the shard shop and completed all the Achievements to get him to 6*.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be suprised that at some point they have a Vader Event to get to 6 and 7* that to be able to participate you will need to have Vader at 5* or Higher. That way you have to had put in the grind to be able to run the event. It would only reward those of us who have dedicated our time to unlocking him. I personally think Vader will be a beast once leveled fully.

I have Vader at 5* and gear level 9. He is a beast. He works really well in conjunction with IG-88. Because Vader goes and inflicts dots on everyone, then IG-88 feeds damage off of the negative effects.

My Vader, however, does between 10k and 20k with his culling blade depending on how many dots a toon has and whether or not he has his leader bonus and crits.
  • Options
    Vader's saber toss rocks. Other than that, his basic and force crush attacks do anemic damage compared to basic attacks by other attackers at his same level. He also seems a lot harder to get up to Gear 7 ( I believe one of his slots already requires 50 of the same thing, which is way too much to ask at that low level of purple). I've left Vader on the backburner while leveling, gearing and starring other toons up where my time and effort are actually worth spending.
  • Options
    Vader's saber toss rocks. Other than that, his basic and force crush attacks do anemic damage compared to basic attacks by other attackers at his same level.

What do you expect? Force crush + saber toss is basically a one shot anything combo. The way they built the the culling blade ability means he has to be weak in every other setting besides when teeing up that combo.

• Options
    Guild member just showed a screenshot of 3 Vaders in the shard shop. It's been weeks since I've even seen 1. Also they should up the 2500 wins to 4 Vaders IMO.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 48/85. I would field a 6 star vader in arena for sure. Atleast allow us to farm 2 vader shards a day from shard shop.
  • Options
    The 'every 3 toons unlocked give you 2 vaders' should be changed to 'every toon unlocked gives you 1 vader'.

It is a more exciting sense of progression, and should NOT be capped at 26/52 as well.
  • Options

6* is just about becoming viable for non cheaters. There should be a few people by now who have gotten really lucky in the shard shop and completed all the Achievements to get him to 6*.

The thing is, not everyone who was hit with that bug was doing so to intentionally take an advantage of an exploit. If it occurred, there was pretty much no way to get around it in some cases except to collect. Which sucks, because it would actually be better if they could take away shards gained in this way. Not everyone wants an unfair advantage.

• nojwe
    17 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Agreed. I'm pushing 7 weeks since I last saw Vader in the Shard Shop. I started a poll here about this:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/390405
    Post edited by nojwe on
  • Options
    +1 revive, give us more Flippin vader shards
  • Jman1701
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Really would like Vader ]shards available in the shop...just use the same price scale as Greivious.
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I suggest that EA/CG give us a shard a day for completing daily.. It may took forever to complete him But, a vader shard is still a vader shard aint it?
    Post edited by Harlodpeter on
  • Options
    I suggest that EA/CG give us a shard a day for completing daily.. I may took forever.. But, a vader shard is still a vader shard aint it?

Oh force...it is great idea imagine if they add dailies that task player by 0/5 shard character a day rewarded with vader shard.....1
    Slowly but sure, plus not so cash for win
    the cake is a lie
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    I will 5 star him tomorrow.
    So yeah why is he so elusive
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    They'll likely add some other game mode that'll have more achievements. Enough to get us to 6*...
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    I have it at 5 star will be forever
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    I have it at 5 star will be forever