How do leaders work?

Sorry in advance for the nooby question.

I was looking through the character sheet and checking out all the various abilities, mentally formulating future team comps and such and I obviously noticed most of them have a leadership ability. Now at first I thought all these stacked, and that was how you made synergistic teams, but after a little reading I understand that one chooses which character is the leader. My question is how you do this and where it applies. How/where do you decide which toon is your 'leader" ?

Thanks

Replies

• DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited January 2016
    The first hero (top left) is your lead and will apply the buff to all allies fitting the description of the buff.

For example Sid's buff affects ALL allies where mace Windu's only affects Jedi allies.

Others give one bonus to one segment and a lower bonus to non members of that segment (Luminara)

In GW/arena you only get one leader, in PVE you get two: yours plus the borrowed leader from an ally (friend)

When you look at a character they will have a description like "Jedi, human, attacker" those define which leadership buffs they sync with and other abilities.
  • Perfect. Thank you!