GS Gear 10 Upgrade Reduces Damage

Prev13
TheGreatBlakes
37 posts Member
edited May 2016
There appears to be an issue with GS damage when upgrading to gear 10. After discussing with guildmates, those who have upgraded to gear 10 are seeing non-crit basic attack damage in the 2.6k-2.8k range. Those who are still gear 9 have non-crit basic attack damage over 4k still (which is what I remember having before upgrading to gear 10.

I would hope that a significant drop in damage after upgrading is unintentional, and considered a bug.

Edit: By the off-chance that someone doesn't know, GS = Geonosian Soldier

Replies

• Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    I'm glad I upgraded Rey instead of GS to X.
  • I haven't seen anything else posted regarding this bug... but I imagine as more people upgrade to 10 there will be more and more vocalization.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Omg you are right... I even have his normal attack upgraded with omega and only doing around 2800 non crit damage on a softy.. Please fix him.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I have gear ten GS and can confirm the lower DPS. Please advise CG...

i1Bl3ja.png
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    Stealth nerf to GS? Well deserve. Been op for so long.
  • I've noticed this as well, it's not a nerf its a bug. No pun intended.
  • Yeah, if it was a nerf then gear 9 damage would have gone down too. As it stands now, it just means you shouldn't upgrade your GS to 10.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Gotta love finding this out hours after upgrading.....blah.
  • Same here, saw this the day after upgrading because I noticed lower damage as well
  • Bad game management here
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Who cares about 1K on his basic anyway atm. His special is where it's at.

How much more is his special doing?

Also, he used to have a bug where his offense up kicked in before damage on the same turn. Could this be related?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • You still have to use his basic every other turn, and its more like a 1.5k difference, on non-crits with no buff. When you consider crits with offense up are going to be multiplied from a lower base it makes the difference even bigger.

This does not relate to the offense up bug, as we are evaluating the basic attack non-crit damage without any buffs.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Not to mention, it effects his damage when he is called for an assist.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    My g9 GS only hits for about 2.8k non buffed also, non crit, on his basic, depending on the armor of the enemy.
  • Fix this ASAP please.. @CG_JohnSalera @CG_LucifersDaddy
    Bad game management here
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Ran some more tests

Gear 9 was getting 2800 non crit

Guild mate waa getting over 3000 non crit
    Post edited by Berimbolo on
  • There's an obvious bug here, probably the same coding from the bug that made GS weaker from a skills upgrade before the level 80 cap raise
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    Ran some more tests

Gear 9 was getting 2800 non crit

Guild mate waa getting over 3000 non crit

Im curious about the difference in damage that you're seeing vs your guild mate. Also, even at that damage, you would expect to see higher numbers at gear 10. Considering the pretty sizable increase in the physical damage stat.
  • Don't want to be a captain, but you can't achieve 4k on non-crit basic without offense up. If someone can - that's a bug, not ~3k damage which is normal.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/geonosian-soldier/
  • Can a dev come here and clarify things?
    Bad game management here
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    Is it a bug or people just realizing his basic went down a little while ago already?
  • up
    Bad game management here
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    I reported this and was told it is being looked at. If you can post videos or pictures it would help a lot.
    Bumping the thread does not help and is against ToS :|
  • @BentWookiee Im sorry! I just wanted an answer on the matter since getting these gears only obtainable by raiding and then when using it on a bugged toons is really upsetting. Thanks for your answer. Can you reply here once its been resolved? Thanks
    Bad game management here
  • So worth gear to X or is that bad the bug?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    This is not cool at all! I thought GS would at least put up a fight to Rey. I hope he will be fixed soon too! How's his swarm at gear 10 vs gear 9?
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Bed bug bites bad Bug ...

Thanks for heads up!
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • TheGreatBlakes
    37 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Here's my damage against a 67 Sid.  Note that offense up triggered on the attack so it's not affecting the damage.  2.5k seems low for gear 10 on a low level low armor toon.  Anyone with a shot of damage at gear 9?

mSRXw4x.png
    teRWmsg.png

Edit: Wasn't sure how to just get the picture to show at first.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Here's my damage against a 67 Sid.  Note that offense up triggered on the attack so it's not affecting the damage.  2.5k seems low for gear 10 on a low level low armor toon.  Anyone with a shot of damage at gear 9?

http://imgur.com/mSRXw4x
    http://imgur.com/teRWmsg

It is inexplicably low. Same damage he does now on gear 9. This is clearly a bug to another bug.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Plus one on stealth nerf. This happened at least 3 weeks ago. I poste about it at the time.