YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Prev13456719
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited May 2016
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39523/grand-master-yoda-event-changes?new=1

Grand Master Yoda will have the following changes made to him:
Grand Master Yoda's Speed has been reduced on Tier VI
Reduced Grand Master Yoda's Health on Tiers VI and VII
Grand Master Yoda's Level has been reduced to 80 (down from 90) on Tier VII
Reduced Grand Master Yoda's allies' damage output on Tiers VI and VII
Reduced Grand Master Yoda's damage output on Tier VII
Reduced Grand Master Yoda's allies' Health on Tier VII

These changes will be going live between 4 and 5pm Pacific time today.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Wow i didnt think they would change it. I am happy and annoyed. I was going to put the time in to try and beat him eventually as is.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.
  • Options
    I figured they would make an adjustment, similar to the challenges back in April when they became so hard after protection was implemented. It's kind of the same situation, but this is the first time that the event has happened since that update.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Great. Here u go everyone, come get your "I participated in the Yoda event" prize. Put that right up there next to all your participation trophies from your childhood.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I really hope that this makes people happy for the right reasons. If everyone comes in and starts saying that they beat it after 1 or two attempts with a level 72 squad in blues, I say it's too bad they didn't actually get to earn it while it was a challenge. I feel sorry for those like @Khayman was up to the task and wanted the satisfaction of beating a difficult challenge. Now I fear that people won't really appreciate everyone's favorite Grand Master as much.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ebi wrote: »

This. Team Entitlement wins again. :/

As one of the MANY people who earned Yoda yesterday, I find this very disappointing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

This. Way to give in.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

As one of the MANY people who earned Yoda yesterday, I find this very disappointing.

Good.
  • Options
    Great, my hard work is for nothing. Good one! Giving the crying babies what they want, again. I can see where this game is going in... :/
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    So do those of us who beat the version on steroids get some sort of bonus?

And this should be in the megathread where every other Yoda thread is being moved.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Exactly! They should put an indicator on those that receive him after these huge nerfs. So you can see who worked to beat him and who did the event after they removed the challenge.
  • Options
    Can those that unlock him after these changes have an asterisk next to their Yoda?
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Exactly! They should put an indicator on those that receive him after these huge nerfs. So you can see who worked to beat him and who did the event after they removed the challenge.

Look who's crying now.

Ironic
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Actually i would like this to happen. All of the people who did it, as much as it was a pain should get something extra. Honestly there was no reason to give in on this when they often ignore outcries for changes on a lot of items. This challenge annoyed and still is annoying me but its a challenge. This game is a grind, just need to keep grinding and work to beat it.
    fudgra wrote: »
    So do those of us who beat the version on steroids get some sort of bonus?

And this should be in the megathread where every other Yoda thread is being moved.

• Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    You get a Yoda, and you get a Yoda, everyone gets a Yoda!!

Just awful.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Too bad. I liked the challenge as it was, sure was frustrating but at least I felt like I earned my 7* Yoda.

But I guess as has been mentioned, they had to scale him down just like the challenges right after the protection update.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Ok. They've listened. Time to dial down the vitriol. (Although I must admit the trolling was entertaining )
  • LlwllynZ
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Its the same with every game these days, just compare the difficulty of games back in the days, and games these days, games are not about the challange anymore, ppl are not playing for the challange anymore, they playing cuz they are lazy, the fact that new generations of gamers are lazy to put effort into gaming makes me wonder why they do it in the first place.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I beat him in Tier V yesterday, what do I get? /s
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    You get a Yoda, and you get a Yoda, everyone gets a Yoda!!

Just awful.

I don't get a Yoda.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Look who's crying now.

Ironic

Not crying and you don't know what the definition irony is. I am disappointed (again) that the company decided to make changes because "this is too hard". It is what is wrong with our society today.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Thank lord! I cannot say thank you yet until i see the 'final product'. Thank you for having some consideration for the people that didn't farm Barris or Ashoka and that get to call everyone else noob. Oops i said thank you!
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    LlwllynZ wrote: »
    Its the same with every game these days, just compare the difficulty of games back in the days, and games these days, games are not about the challange anymore, ppl are not playing for the challange anymore, they playing cuz they are lazy, the fact that new generations of gamers are lazy to put effort into gaming makes me wonder why they do it in the first place.

Don't like it, stop playing.
  • HerrDrFunk
    38 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

But seriously, thank you devs. I've given you guys a lot of crap over the last day but it does mean a lot that you've listened to the feedback.
  • Options
    Well so much for all the hard work to get him @7* yesterday. Why don't they just give him away lol
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    So apparently this is how this works, let me give this a try see if it works...ahem...

I'm going to quit. Wah wah wah, I can't believe I worked so hard for Yoda and now you nerfed him. If I don't get 20,000 crystals right away I'm gonna delete this game. Wah wah wah.

How'd I do??
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Well so much for all the hard work to get him @7* yesterday. Why don't they just give him away lol

Most of the people already put the hard work in and got nothing. Ok? Now who is whining?
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Yes because millennials are the only whiny people. I work with all ages in my line of work. Just as many self entitled, whiny baby boomers and gen x as there are millennials. The only problem is the previous generations always thump their chest more and claim they walked uphill to school 7 miles both ways in 3 feet of snow.

Branmark wrote: »
    Ah yes as
    with most of things in society today when someone can't complete a challenge they cry, cry and cry some more until someone makes it easier for them. The days of actually working to complete a challenge are long gone. #Millennials