Would you purchase an Echo aurodium if Rex shards were possible?

Prev1
CookieCrispp
555 posts Member
edited May 2016
First thing. I'm posting this to try to attempt to make Echo an appealing option for June aurodium. I want him, I just don't want to do he chromium dance if possible. Those are my motivations for this poll.

I see a lot of posts (relatively speaking) of spending players who complain about the sudden removal of Rex aurodiums. My question is simple:

Would you purchase An Echo Aurodium if Rex shards were one of the toon options [for arguments sake assume that the toons in the pack are: Echo(Primary toon, only one that is full character or shards option), Fives, Rex, Clone Sgt]

Edited for clarity. The Rex statement is for availability as synergy shards only.

Would you purchase an Echo aurodium if Rex shards were possible? 166 votes

Yes, I would purchase this aurodium due to clones(Echo)
48%
JJHTheRenegadeGenakumaBarrokTejparnDeathstrokeZemitWhiteroomMofojokers1992SlevinBurgerr2steve2MythovSilleckEleiemOniRenkaiWildGruntEricKLordRathOobydoobmarkst3ph3n 81 votes
Yes, I would purchase due to finishing Rex
24%
mccif16Rogan_Ban84MASSHOLEZekexjkgelevateDumbledoreArarisValerianinfectiouszombieStuwartEnderUValenteaAltoon33Tonatiuh10SNAKEMANRFTAngrybaldmansaboaterDJC_ChrisHUSKARLLordAlvert 41 votes
No, I do not purchase aurodiums
25%
Ronon_DexTakAggropoxvincentlondonArenHamKAULIArijitRomao33Megadeth3700MediocreJediInternetSwagKamikazeRhombusIrrlichtDekayingsoulKopfschussJohnnyudesEibbor_TharthLaLiamMolKanarSamerius 42 votes
No, clone synergy aurodiums do not interest me (but aurodiums do)
1%
Nortikka_aikarajuuCaedus 2 votes
Post edited by CookieCrispp on

Replies

• CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Also note that (I posted this elsewhere) Aurodiums have a proven track record of players investing due to clone involvement. I am fairly confident that the Rex aurodium sold better than the Tusken Shaman one, and fairly confident that it sold comparably to Wedge (if not better). This should help reach the conclusion that a clone aurodium would have a definite advantage due to the aurodium player base having a clone interest.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Rex will not be AU, he will be Chromium.
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rex will not be AU, he will be Chromium.

I was suggesting that if they placed his shards as possible additional shards in the Au pack (the synergy shards), it may encourage additional purchases from players who feel slighted by the abrupt removal of Rex Au packs.

I'm not asking for Rex to be brought back to Au by himself, I'm trying to propose a solution that may help assuage some of the anger from players who either missed out the first time or didn't finish their Rexes.

Note that my main hope (I call it a hope because that is all it is) is that Echo hits aurodium packs. CG can capitalize on aurodium purchasers clone love, clone players get a new toon. The Rex idea was based off of the previous complaints on the forums.
  • Options
    Hopefully by tomorrow we can have enough votes to see if there is a significant number of active forum members who would be swayed by a clone synergy (Echo Au with the synergy Rex possible) aurodium to demonstrate real potential.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Wouldn't they sell to separate packs one with Rex and one with Echo and give away fives, plo and CS shards with them. Why would they ever put two exclusive that one into one pack?
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    And for finishing Rex
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I literally bought crystals for the sole purpose of finishing Rex and went to the store to find it had been pulled.
    I was unhappy to say the least.
  • Options
    No, I do not purchase aurodiums
    I would not purchase anything until they become a reliable company
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Wouldn't they sell to separate packs one with Rex and one with Echo and give away fives, plo and CS shards with them. Why would they ever put two exclusive that one into one pack?
    The idea behind this is to encourage players who did not finish Rex (due to the abrupt ending of his chromium) to attempt to gain 5 shards every few packs. Not ideal, but they could work at finishing him. At the same time they are gaining Echo pieces, the thought being that this would encourage players to continue purchases to finish the Echo (or Rex) even after the other is finished.
    If you take someone who needs, say, 50 shards for Rex to max, that's an average of 30 aurodium packs to finish him. And the value per pack for Rex goes up with each purchase, encouraging future purchases. This leads to the obvious issue then, of "just" finishing Echo (and buying more aurodiums).
    The reverse, someone who needs more than 100 Rex shards will find themselves at roughly 35 shards from finish if they max Echo. That number seems much more tempting to keep purchasing aurodiums than to go the full chromium route.
  • Options
    All my clones are maxed though...

I want Echo though.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    people still buy chromium packs? I thought that was what the arodiums were all about? Once you have a lot of characters your not going to want to throw money away on chromiums looking for the 3 or 4 characters that are the only ones you can benefit from getting shard for unless you don't mind being taxed for shard shop. The only reason I got Rex was because it was a targetable collection option. If echo is in an arodium pack down the road i'd consider it because I really do want a clone squad but chromium only means not even a chance. I'll just wait for him to go to the masses. see what happens I guess :)
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No. They only ever offer one exclusive toon per aurodium pack.

Although I think their fascination with chromium is baffling. Many whales I know aren't biting anymore. It requires way too much money.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Although I think their fascination with chromium is baffling. Many whales I know aren't biting anymore. It requires way too much money.

The thing is some are. Obviously Sun Fac drove newfound interest in chromium. This model must have worked cause it is happening again very swiftly.

You know who all got Sun Fac. It was guys who already had dipped a lot into chromium.

It's working as intended.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »

The thing is some are. Obviously Sun Fac drove newfound interest in chromium. This model must have worked cause it is happening again very swiftly.

You know who all got Sun Fac. It was guys who already had dipped a lot into chromium.

I play with some of the whaliest whales and even many of them are raising eyebrows at this. Others have sworn off any more chromium for good. I highly doubt it was that lucrative. There's no VIP system in place, the cost is easily 2-3x aurodium (which already averages $200-$250), and the diminishing returns on chromium is abysmal.

But considering the work required for the two toons they've selected to go this route, I guess the juice must be worth the squeeze. Sun fac and echo require close to zero art/animation and don't add any new mechanics, simply some of the best currently in game stacked onto a single toon. So the amount of work required to push them out is minimal.
  • Options
    Yes I will buy the Aud pack, because I want clones the more the better. Theres currently only 3 clones in total, first is Rex but its not farmable unless you buy chromium packs, second and third Fives and Clone sgt. A new character Echo or maybe in the future Cody would be even better. I don't know could be just me I just love clones, A LOT.
  • Daenion
    91 posts Member
    Options
    I dont like the new movies so i never farmed rey but i started to about 3 weeks ago and you get so many shards for her i am at 40/100 right now. If you are an active player you dont really need a boost for rey shards...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    No option for where I stand. I purchased Rex in aurodium to build a clone squad. I had no idea they'd release two pay only clones back to back. It's frustrating. I'm not buying anything, but I want Echo.
  • Options

You're right, that is the way they have done it so far. My point was that (and this is nothing more than a thought exercise) the presence of Rex as synergy shards could potentially move more product than an Echo pack alone (With the usual Plo, Clone Sgt, and Fives shards).
    It would also help to (somewhat) appease the paying players who feel slighted at the removal of Rex without (much) warning.

• saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Daenion wrote: »
    I dont like the new movies so i never farmed rey but i started to about 3 weeks ago and you get so many shards for her i am at 40/100 right now. If you are an active player you dont really need a boost for rey shards...

Rex. Not Rey shards
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options

You're right, that is the way they have done it so far. My point was that (and this is nothing more than a thought exercise) the presence of Rex as synergy shards could potentially move more product than an Echo pack alone (With the usual Plo, Clone Sgt, and Fives shards).
    It would also help to (somewhat) appease the paying players who feel slighted at the removal of Rex without (much) warning.

Plus I and others will be less inclined to get Echo if we can't complete Rex. With no great clone leader skills, clone synergies are off.
  • Options

I whaled hard for Sun Fac. He got me to purchase chromiums. But in the hunt for him I maxed most of the other exclusive toons as well. Who is left to benefit from trying to get Echo in this way? General Grievous? lol. He's the only thing left. Leia, Aayla, Rex and Fisto are all 7* now.
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options

I whaled hard for Sun Fac. He got me to purchase chromiums. But in the hunt for him I maxed most of the other exclusive toons as well. Who is left to benefit from trying to get Echo in this way? General Grievous? lol. He's the only thing left. Leia, Aayla, Rex and Fisto are all 7* now.

This. I'm not going to get duplicates of everything else for one random toon
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I think CG needs to consider new player whales vs old. Having them in Chromium is fine for new whales. But you get a better spend from older whales from Aurodium.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I would buy them for Rex too but let's be real, EA would never do something that nice for us.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    Options
    Ea be fair and put rex and echo in aurodium, and give us the chance to finish rex as well. It's not like we're asking anything for free.
  • Options
    The chance to promote Rex without shelling out for Chromiums would definitely be nice.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Jman1701
    103 posts Member
    Options
    For context I'm pretty much a F2P guy for the last several months but put some money into this when I first started.

I'm a HUGE clone fan and the first thing I've seen that tempted me into putting any more money into this again was a new clone hero. I would frankly love to see a clone team pack similar to the Jedi, Sith, or female hero starter packs.

I would like to see Rex in the Shard Shop so there was a way to get him other than Aurodium packs.

As for Echo...sounds really cool and wish they would make him a little more publicly available.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    When is Echo going into the packs? And why on earth do they hose their biggest spenders by putting ANY new toons into chromium only? Seems like new toons should always be added via Aurodiums
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    When is Echo going into the packs? And why on earth do they hose their biggest spenders by putting ANY new toons into chromium only? Seems like new toons should always be added via Aurodiums
  • Options
    I am going to wait for the 5-star general pack - all clones at 5 stars for $99.99.

Lol, yeah that will happen