Credit crunch

Jabba
1033 posts Member
edited May 2016
My son and I play this game together . My son is 11 and by accident he came up with a brilliant fix to credit crunch well to be fair won't completely fix but sure would help. Put a million credit bundle in shard shop could even make it high like grievous shards say 15 to 1 for a million. I have pretty much farmed out Gw characters and this for sure would be great for me. It should be easy to program any thoughts

Replies

• Options
    The idea is good, but the devs want you to spend crystals to buy credits... so adding a free way to get credits is bad for business =(
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    If people quit bad for business too . The credit crunch is real at high levels along with gear issues going on now more and more quitting daily. For the record I'm broke but far from quitting unfortunately I'm addicted to this game. Make the bundle high like grievous shards . This wouldn't effect there bankroll it would make us happier gamers and happy gamers spend money here and don't even have thoughts of quitting just my opinion though
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    If people are quitting because of the credit crunch, its because they have no patience and are unwilling to spend. As for putting credits into the shard shop, using the shard shop assumes that you have the excess shards to even use it, and that typically implies that you were a paying customer (getting shards from chromiums). If you can pay for chromiums, you can pay for credits.

This idea is highly unlikely to ever see the light of day. They have given chromium folks something to do with extra shards, so this would be basically like saying "Buy our packs, if you get duplicates, go to the shard shop and buy the shards you want. If you don't want shards, have some credits". So basically this isn't going to happen.
    Looking for a Guild? Click here for our recruitment post
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If people quit bad for business too . The credit crunch is real at high levels along with gear issues going on now more and more quitting daily.
    At that high a level, not many people are going to quit, though. You didn't get that close to the 80 cap by being a casual player that can quit on the drop of a hat. :)

The new cap gives new abilities. To get those new abilities, you have to sacrifice. The whole idea that the new cap is something that you just unlock and get in a matter of weeks or months is kinda short sighted. There's still the same game as before. Same content. Same abilities. Same cost up to level 70. If you want to get a bunch of toons omega'd and 80'd, you will have to sacrifice the rest of your bench for a while, and maybe you can't get it all at once.

When you have all the toons you want maxed out, you will still be able to earn credits in GW, but you will have nothing to spend them on!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand how anything from shard shop could solve the credit crunch. I didn't know whales have credit crunches, thought that was for the f2p plebs.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ^ Yeah, the credit bundles are right next to the Chromium packs, whalez!
    This idea just makes it cheaper to whale. That is not going to get a lot of traction with anyone except stingy whales. You don't end up with a lot of extra shards without scratching a lot of lottery tickets, lol.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Amth wrote: »
    If people are quitting because of the credit crunch, its because they have no patience and are unwilling to spend. As for putting credits into the shard shop, using the shard shop assumes that you have the excess shards to even use it, and that typically implies that you were a paying customer (getting shards from chromiums). If you can pay for chromiums, you can pay for credits.

This idea is highly unlikely to ever see the light of day. They have given chromium folks something to do with extra shards, so this would be basically like saying "Buy our packs, if you get duplicates, go to the shard shop and buy the shards you want. If you don't want shards, have some credits". So basically this isn't going to happen.
    If people are quitting because of the credit crunch, its because they have no patience and are unwilling to spend. As for putting credits into the shard shop, using the shard shop assumes that you have the excess shards to even use it, and that typically implies that you were a paying customer (getting shards from chromiums). If you can pay for chromiums, you can pay for credits
    From what I here from people quitting is mostly gear related on top of credit crunch. We pay for enough in this game just my opinion and with all the fixes and updates we deserve a better way to get some credits. We pay now for the unobtainable gear plus want us buy credits . This game will lose a lot more players if that's how they want us to play. I am not one of them like I said in previous post I'm addicted I will just grind it out . I'm in a great guild we finished 2 heroic already and we have seen quite few quit even with us gaining the gear. Rank 31 got a furnace. So I'm assuming credits and the long grinds get to people
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

Also I'm what you would call a dolphin started in December only toon left farm in gw is Teebo. So could farm easily shards from there to buy the bundle if was available
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    If people quit bad for business too . The credit crunch is real at high levels along with gear issues going on now more and more quitting daily.
    At that high a level, not many people are going to quit, though. You didn't get that close to the 80 cap by being a casual player that can quit on the drop of a hat. :)

The new cap gives new abilities. To get those new abilities, you have to sacrifice. The whole idea that the new cap is something that you just unlock and get in a matter of weeks or months is kinda short sighted. There's still the same game as before. Same content. Same abilities. Same cost up to level 70. If you want to get a bunch of toons omega'd and 80'd, you will have to sacrifice the rest of your bench for a while, and maybe you can't get it all at once.

When you have all the toons you want maxed out, you will still be able to earn credits in GW, but you will have nothing to spend them on!

I have seen decent accounts quit and I agree with all the work to get here I'm too far in to ever think about quitting but having said that people are . We lost 2 in our guild today