Quick question about raids.

Kingken85
410 posts Member
edited May 2016
Does the dmg from, say phase 3 carry over into phase 4? We're trying to coordinate so that everyone is able to go before the boss is dead. This is for heroic. Seems every time we tell members to stop at 10% in p3 we somehow finish 20% into p4. Can anyone explain what's going on.
**Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**

Replies

• Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    Always shows you the total damage afterwards so I would think it carries over. Tough to tell where you're in damage while in the raid as well.

So yeah, I don't really have a clue.
  • Your question isn't very clear. Are you talking about people who begin the fight during phase 3 and then finish after someone else has already beaten phase 3? I was just assuming it would send you into phase 4 once someone has beaten phase 4, and you wouldn't get any other hits. Is that not so? If they do let you keep hitting once someone has beaten phase 3, I assume your damage would go toward phase 4.
  • i'm going to use phase 1 (heroic) as an example, but the same applies to all phases.

for phase 1, the guild has to do a total of 1.8 mil damage
    damage isn't removed from total hp until after an attempt has finished
    that said, all damage done in an attempt will be counted on the leaderboard
    so, if you have 10 guild members that go in, and each do 30% damage during phase 1, the rancor will be at 100% health in phase 2 when everyone comes out, but everyone will have their damage counted on the leaderboard
    so, it may appear that phase 1 has a lot of health, based on leaderboard numbers, when in reality, it was just a lot of 'overkill' damage

however, someone can be in a fight when the captain dies, in which case, they will begin phase 2, with the same team. the damage this player does in phase 2 will be counted towards phase 2.

if you're requesting people stop at phase 3, but damage is being done to phase 4, you definitely have members trying to get some early hits on phase 4.
  • Kingken85
    410 posts Member
    Alita wrote: »
    i'm going to use phase 1 (heroic) as an example, but the same applies to all phases.

so, if you have 10 guild members that go in, and each do 30% damage during phase 1, the rancor will be at 100% health in phase 2 when everyone comes out, but everyone will have their damage counted on the leaderboard
    so, it may appear that phase 1 has a lot of health, based on leaderboard numbers, when in reality, it was just a lot of 'overkill' damage

however, someone can be in a fight when the captain dies, in which case, they will begin phase 2, with the same team. the damage this player does in phase 2 will be counted towards phase 2.

if you're requesting people stop at phase 3, but damage is being done to phase 4, you definitely have members trying to get some early hits on phase 4.

Ok so the only way they legitimately do dmg in p4 is if they completely kill the rancor during p3. Otherwise people are actually attacking in p4 to get ahead. There wouldn't be any lag issues or anything like that.
  • Kingken85 wrote: »
    i'm going to use phase 1 (heroic) as an example, but the same applies to all phases.

Ok so the only way they legitimately do dmg in p4 is if they completely kill the rancor during p3. Otherwise people are actually attacking in p4 to get ahead. There wouldn't be any lag issues or anything like that.

@Kingken85

correct.

the only small note to go along with this, is that people can enter the squad select screen while it is phase 3, and if they take a bit of time to pick their squad, when they actually load the battle, it will be phase 4. this should be VERY obvious though, and they should be retreating, if that's your guild's policy.

• Alita wrote: »
    Kingken85 wrote: »

@Kingken85

correct.

the only small note to go along with this, is that people can enter the squad select screen while it is phase 3, and if they take a bit of time to pick their squad, when they actually load the battle, it will be phase 4. this should be VERY obvious though, and they should be retreating, if that's your guild's policy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. See ya on the leaderboards.
  • Quick question about guild currency: how am I able te get guild shop currency? You know, the one used to farm GG, Rey, Jawa E, luke and others in the guild shop.
  • Quick question about guild currency: how am I able te get guild shop currency? You know, the one used to farm GG, Rey, Jawa E, luke and others in the guild shop.

By completing the guild daily activities.
  • Alita wrote: »

Smooth explanation. Very well put.