guild name reserve

Prev13456
There was talk yesterday about the ability to reserve guild names before guilds launched. im curious if anyone has seen a post regarding this, or has information. i never saw any info, and am pretty active on the forum. Please dont post about changing guild names, or troll/insult anyone here. i would like to keep this open and get an answer.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i cant find it, i'm too distracted by that suggestive profile picture.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I believe they removed it due to unnecessary outrage?
  • I know I never saw a post about reserving a guild name.
  • i never did either. my guild name was either taken, or invalid due to filter. i tried to change it several times, but eventually settled on a name due to frustration. Had i known you could not only reserve a name, but have it patched through to the powers that be for approval, and then augment the filter to let it through, i would have absolutely done that. What im looking for now is the information as it was posted to the forum because i havent been able to find the source as of yet.
  • Twyler
    6 posts Member
    You're not gonna find the thread it has mysteriously disappeared. I was watching it yesterday not bumping up with new comments and then it just vanished.
  • interesting @Twyler . i wonder if it was a secret handshake type of thing and it wasn't supposed to get out from under their hats?
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    They are gonna find a way to close this thread. They are finding a way to close everything related to this subject. Some people Bent a lot in here.
  • Mo_liza wrote: »

yeah..... this isn't connected to guild name reserve at all. only corrections. although it does give me a little insight into what happened to themadtwadder.
  • as long as no one screws up we can continue to talk about it. eventually someone will have some info for me.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »

yeah..... this isn't connected to guild name reserve at all. only corrections. although it does give me a little insight into what happened to themadtwadder.

I think it stemmed from creation issues in https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/31657/errorcode-3-0-issue/p3 . probably just the wrong interpretation of reserved.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I was a little upset by this, as our original guild name was awesome, was taken, and I couldn't get it changed even though I sent in a ticket. Don't wanna change it now, but it's the principle of the matter. Instinct got their name changed but not the rest of us.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Mazurka wrote: »
    I was a little upset by this, as our original guild name was awesome, was taken, and I couldn't get it changed even though I sent in a ticket. Don't wanna change it now, but it's the principle of the matter. Instinct got their name changed but not the rest of us.

You can request a change just like they did.
  • no, there was specific talk of reserving a name and changing the filter before everything launched, which means they talked to someone who first confirmed the fact they they could reserve a name, and second they checked the name against the filter to find out that it would not work.
  • Mo_liza wrote: »
    Mazurka wrote: »

You can request a change just like they did.

they specifically said that they were only changing names that included 1 at the end. if you didnt have a 1 at the end of your guild name it wasnt an option to change.
  • all of a sudden this thread isnt bumping to the top. very strange things indeed.
  • @BentWookiee can we borrow your magical paws one more time? sprinkle your dust upon this poor thread and bring it back to the world of the living threads?
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    OK I am seeing this at the top of the page?
  • all of a sudden this thread isnt bumping to the top. very strange things indeed.

Don't talk about the not bumping thing, I am not allowed to talk about why. Let's just say it was talked about in a different post and now no one can post in that topic.
  • that did it! thanks @BentWookiee! what kind of black magik has taken over the forums?
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Hey rather that the conspiracy comments can someone please tell me if they are seeing this thread in the top of the comments? :/
  • ok then @pip_ninja thats all that needs to be said. gives me a partial answer anyway.
  • its back @BentWookiee thank you for your help.
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    I see it, you don't see it, we see it again. With all these magical tricks happening left and right, we still want an answer to the question: why some guild have some privilege feature that others don't. (Oh god, I wanna be sarcastic but I will restrain myself)
  • Hey rather that the conspiracy comments can someone please tell me if they are seeing this thread in the top of the comments? :/

Yes. It appears at top now
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Its at top for me now.
  • Spartamaj wrote: »
    I see it, you don't see it, we see it again. With all these magical tricks happening left and right, we still want an answer to the question: why some guild have some privilege feature that others don't. (Oh god, I wanna be sarcastic but I will restrain myself)

these are troubling times in the kingdom for sure. we will never get an answer to the question if the thread drops off the page after 3 minutes. we needed to sort that first, but magik is a tricksy mistress, and unpredictable.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    I did not do anything.. I have seen it at around spot 3 for a while. :/
  • Hey rather that the conspiracy comments can someone please tell me if they are seeing this thread in the top of the comments? :/

Yes. It appears at top now

for now. for now........
  • not accusing you specifically @BentWookiee . i know your a solid guy. it was near the end of the list for me and dropping even as i left comments. then *poof* back to the top and stayed.
This discussion has been closed.